test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

+5 rings

altmerpoweraltmerpower Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 101 Arc User
I played POM at least 450 times and gave up on that rising precision +5 ring.
Completly egnored this game for 1 month for witcher 3 game of the year edition.
First time I log on and queue for POM I get +5 rising presicion ring.???
OK this is only a coincidence...
I start to play ndemo and edemo and first week 5+4 rings and 1+5 ring next week 2+4 rings 1+5 ring
and now i have not got 1+4 ring in several weeks.+5 rings is not even close....
Many players say that after been away for a while encrease chanses for getting a +5 ring....
Is this what we all should do???
Stop playing for 1 month to encrese the chanses to get something good......
Is this your plan to get players back to this game....

Comments

• Options
    vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    I HAMSTER hate RNG.

I've run POM many times, not as much as you, perhaps around 70+ times these past few weeks, looking for the Psion's shroud, but instead have dropped two +5 Rings of Precision - I wansn't even looking for it!

So now my other main, a healer, is a wearing a +5 Ring of Precision, as I don't have anyone else to put it on.
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • Options
    Ok.I got that psion's shroud 5 times. Before i got Rising presicion +5 ring.... i always get items i dont want:) I wish they where not account bound.
  • Options
    Sorry I refined 72k ad on my 2 characters last 2 Days and I now that i refined 2 more psion's shroud Before that. I got 7 shrouds Before I got 1 precision ring
  • Options
    jumpingmorksjumpingmorks Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    I know players that farm PoM daily and have done so daily since it came out for the +5 Precision ring and still don't have it. For some reason PoM seems to suck on the +5 drop rate, they appear to drop far more frequently in ToDG/nDemo and CN maybe.

Personally I've run eGWD 60 times for the Bloodstained Shirt, nada. I like what folks have suggested in the past, a means to trade useless/unwanted +5's for +5's you actually want.
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    PoM pubishes you for PUGging by being too rough and punishes you for having a premade by bugging out. Its easy to consistently get 2 chances at the rings in Throne, Demo or CN.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    On some past dev stream, it was mentioned that they would be principally open to the idea of some means to exchange the +N ring you don't want for the +N ring of your heart's desire (presumably at some cost).

Example implementations (not discussed on the stream) might be a Masterwork task to modify the ring's magic and/or an NPC that does the same for a fee.

@terramak would be awesome if we could get that feature at some point.
    Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • Options
    crizpynutzcrizpynutz Member Posts: 349 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    I have yet to see a Legendary Ostorian Ring eventhough I have 3 sets of relic gear from there and a full legendary relic weapon set. Yet some people have more orange jewelry than they know what to do with. It's frustrating.
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    I have gotten 3 orange rings from mod 10. Two were exactly right and one was exactly wrong. CW has a Dod and a Blod. DC has a Krig. I elected to keep the Blod instead of salvaging it on the off chance that some form of exchange ever comes about.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    terrasight#2000 terrasight Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    The last 2 weeks I run demogorgon around 300x to get the +5 brutality...nothing. I got "all" other rings now from there in +5...really all (a few more then 1x). Only brutality not... it's annoying...
  • Options
    clericalistclericalist Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 595 Arc User
    Best to view it as winning the lottery, if you win then celebrate, if you don't then accept this as normal. I have never gotten an orange and I have now come to accept that I will never get one.
  • Options
    callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    I think psychologically we remember the exceptional moments more than the mediocre ones.

I have run ToDGs maybe 50 times max over the last year and I got one +5 when I was least expecting it. I had ten minutes to kill and thought "oh go on then".

I didn't even have a key!

Its a bit like once I ran about ten BHEs in Lonelywood and got 7 Lanolin - that must be pretty rare?
  • Options
    namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    People who go for stuff like the +5 UD rings or +4 companion gears and expecting to get them if they just do enough runs will surely be disappointed, and maybe loss a bit of sanity. Super low drop rate means it is more likely you will never see it drop no matter how many tries.
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User

People who go for stuff like the +5 UD rings or +4 companion gears and expecting to get them if they just do enough runs will surely be disappointed, and maybe loss a bit of sanity. Super low drop rate means it is more likely you will never see it drop no matter how many tries.

The number of times you need to run ndemo/edemo/IG to get the gear you want is so high that most players quit before they get anywhere close. IIRC the only person I know that has all the rings lost track after 8000 runs. So plan on 1000 hours to get the rings you want lol.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User

I played POM at least 450 times and gave up on that rising precision +5 ring.
    Completly egnored this game for 1 month for witcher 3 game of the year edition.
    First time I log on and queue for POM I get +5 rising presicion ring.???
    OK this is only a coincidence...
    I start to play ndemo and edemo and first week 5+4 rings and 1+5 ring next week 2+4 rings 1+5 ring
    and now i have not got 1+4 ring in several weeks.+5 rings is not even close....
    Many players say that after been away for a while encrease chanses for getting a +5 ring....
    Is this what we all should do???
    Stop playing for 1 month to encrese the chanses to get something good......
    Is this your plan to get players back to this game....

i dont know if this is a coincidence or not but it happens the same to me last year after summer.
    the very first day i logged in after 2 months i got a rising power +5
  • Options
    asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    There has to be some number assigned to your char creating a rng result. Otherwise we would see lock box reward messages in clusters.

It is the same in other games. I had a guild mate in LoTRO, who complained, if she had to run a dungeon more then 3 times, to get the desired item. Another one did 400 runs for a pair of boots with crit severity.

Here I did get some good drops and I wont complain, but there are some ppl I did run with for a time, who had to hear some insults from their mates and were threatened to get on their ignore list, due to exceptional dumb luck. For example 'why do you run this HAMSTER again and again? Personal beholder tank? Ok I will join you for a few runs'. Six runs later he had the tank and I congratulated him, while adding some choice comments about his luck.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • Options
    tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User
    When u got 4 leg blood and 5 leg skold rings and still no dod ring u start to lose faith...
  • Options
    vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    vordayn said:

I HAMSTER hate RNG.

I've run POM many times, not as much as you, perhaps around 70+ times these past few weeks, looking for the Psion's shroud, but instead have dropped two +5 Rings of Precision - I wansn't even looking for it!

So now my other main, a healer, is a wearing a +5 Ring of Precision, as I don't have anyone else to put it on.

So I saved up about 6 lesser demon keys for some POM farming tonight ...

1st POM: nothing
    2nd POM: +5 Ring of Rising Focus
    3rd POM: Dwarven Spelunking
    4th POM: Psion's Shroud! (FINALLY!)
    5th POM: Psion's Shroud! (TWO in a row, and TWO dropped in this instance - one for another player!!)

WTF Cryptic ... but uh ... thanks?
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • Options
    namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    The weird sticky, or streaky, nature of the RNG. I've seen two +5 rings drop in the same CN run, twice. Once both +5 rings were the same type.