test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[PS4] What is a solid Guardian Fighter Build for Gs2700-3000

adamant#3500 adamant Member Posts: 5 Arc User
I've recently switched to the Guardian Fighter from my Devoted Cleric due and have been building up my tank slowly but surely to where he sits currently at Gs2742. The trouble I am currently having is that I am unsure how to build this characters further, especially in terms of defence toward the DR cap and now also in terms of feats (e.g, Conqueror DPS, Protector, Tactician).

I've been looking through builds for a while now and trying the different things, I really like the DPS tank however that's not necessarily what a tank should be doing and l've noticed it goes down much faster than any other Guardian Fighter build.

Are there any specific builds that will see me through to Gs3000 or any tips and tricks I can use for accruing better DR and longevity?

Currently using the typical Conqueror Set up of Take Measure, Wrathful Warrior, Jagged Blade, Crushing Shield, Tactical Superiority, and Reckless Attacker...

Coupled with Crushing Pin from Tactician and both Plate Agility and the AC gain feats from the Protector tree (to boost deflect up to 14% and DR up to standing 46%).

Thanks in advance.
#Whowatchesthewatchers?!

Best Answer

• Options
    adamant#3500 adamant Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Answer ✓
    Fair point to make, until recently I was a full Protector Spec which I enjoyed (even if capstone was broken) which was a blast since I never had to come out of my shielded stance except to lay on an ITF or an ET but I found that in a general sense I wasn't doing much but staying alive to take the hits.

If the capstone has been fixed I'll gladly go back to it since it literally meant I never died or had any problems taking any of the content.

I'm just not sure at what point the Protector or Tactician paths 'cap out' as I have heard it said and where the Conqueror path comes into its own.
    #Whowatchesthewatchers?!

Answers

• Options
    rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    There are many builds around, some here on the forums and some on external websites (Would mention a certain site, but not sure if it's against the terms of services).

However, I don't see the point in recommending any specific guide because the best build for a GF is the one suited to your own personal tastes and quirks. The GF has no one "best" way to do their role (keep enemies fighting the GF and surviving attacks meant for teammates). Whether you prefer to kill enemies so they can't damage your team, or prefer to take blows meant for teammates is irrelevant, as long as you and your party are standing at the end of the fight.

---

As for your DPS tank issues, a lot of typical DPS tank issues stem from two primary issues: a lack of experience with knowing when to attack and when to defend, and a lack of gear.

Most new DPS tanks I've seen get a little overzealous with their KC and end up eating the dirt due to forgetting to shield hits. Or, they want to keep themselves at max charge and keep trying to get hit, when they should be dodging.

This goes double for you: you're going to be a bit squishy due to a lack of gear, so you'll need to compensate by shielding more/using Fighter's Recovery more, or by getting better gear.
    Post edited by rjc9000 on