test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] HR ranged area-effect powers not working for me

machetemattmachetematt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 8 Arc User
On my char the powers Cordon of Arrows, Split the Sky and Rain of Arrows are not working. They show as active on the bar but I cannot get a targeting splash on the ground or shoot. Switching them to a different key does not help. The corresponding melee powers work without a problem. I also do not have any similar problems on my other toons. E.g., targeting area effects on my DC works fine.

This has now lasted for a couple of weeks. I keep hoping a new patch will fix it as magically as it appeared, but I guess that is not going to happen.

Has anyone encountered this problem before? What can I do to fix it, please?

Comments

• divectoredivectore Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    Is your bow equipped?
  • machetemattmachetematt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 8 Arc User
    Yes, the bow is equipped and I am fine shooting arrows, as long as they do not have an area effect.
  • wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User

On my char the powers Cordon of Arrows, Split the Sky and Rain of Arrows are not working. They show as active on the bar but I cannot get a targeting splash on the ground or shoot. Switching them to a different key does not help. The corresponding melee powers work without a problem. I also do not have any similar problems on my other toons. E.g., targeting area effects on my DC works fine.

This has now lasted for a couple of weeks. I keep hoping a new patch will fix it as magically as it appeared, but I guess that is not going to happen.

Has anyone encountered this problem before? What can I do to fix it, please?

Can you do a video clip and show us?
    Main - Rydia (HR70) - Xbox One Player only
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
  • gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    I've never seen it. If you could post a video as wdj40 suggested we may try to help.
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
  • caunsidhcaunsidh Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 272 Arc User
    Therenil - Hunter Ranger, Stormwarden/Trapper
    3.jpg
    Thanks @caunsidh ! That did the trick, fixed the problem. :smiley: Much appreciated!

I had dismissed keybinds being a problem as things would not work even if moved to another encounter slot, nothing was double-bound, and everything worked on other toons. But that was it!

• sonofrobsonofrob Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14 Arc User
    This problem just came up for me but I have no keybinds and I was using default settings, The reset didn;t work.
    SonOfRob