test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Control and control bonus

boromir#3940 boromir Member Posts: 107 Arc User
Seems I may have given some bad advice to a few fellow GF's. They asked about control effects and mentioned 'mark' and enforced threat. My answer was that controlling skills are stun, knock back, root and daze/slow. I said these types of skills, and we have some but not all, proc crushing pin. I explained that 'mark' and enforced threat were threat generators, and not actual control skills. Although, and this is contradictory, they do 'control' the enemy by bringing their focus to you.

Then someone brings up control bonus from an insignia that also grants recovery. He asked, and I'm asking as well.....does control bonus boost the amount of time you control an enemy? And does this control bonus increase the amount of threat you generate? If these things do, does anyone have accurate calculations?
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    stark760stark760 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 654 Arc User
    Not sure, but will be hard to test. Threat still has no total on character stats. You'd almost have to time it, and it might only increase control time by a fraction of a sec. Or have someone try and recreate the same fight and see if you pull earlier/more with more control?
  • Options
    cilginordekcilginordek Member Posts: 459 Arc User

He asked, and I'm asking as well.....does control bonus boost the amount of time you control an enemy?

Yep it does.

And does this control bonus increase the amount of threat you generate? If these things do, does anyone have accurate calculations?

It doesn't. Mark isn't considered a control skill.
  • Options
    boromir#3940 boromir Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    Thanks guys, appreciated.