test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

active pet

jackharper#1224 jackharper Member Posts: 112 Arc User
Hello
I'm looking active companion. Which now is a good choice? I'm thinking about Shadow Demon or Archon Fire.

Comments

• Options
    blur#5900 blur Member Posts: 490 Arc User
    Fire Archon, Air Archon, Sellsword, Con Artist, Rebel Mercenary. End-game is mostly Sellsword.
  • Options
    lordseth1985lordseth1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 319 Arc User
    I'm using now Air and fire archon, Wild hunt rider, death slaad and repentant dragon cultist... but I have some doubts about the cultist.

I proc wild hunt a lot since I use Smoke Bomb, path of blades and blade flurry, so it's up almost entire battle.
    Avestruz.Q.T.Seduz - Rogue, natural born assassin.
  • Options
    yopukoyopuko Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    Personally I use Air & Fire & Earth Archons, Siege Master & Erynes of Belial, but going to likely be replacing Erynes with Sellsword soon... I've got it in my idle companions sitting at epic, just havent gotten around to trying it out yet lol, so it'll depend how well it works.
    Discord - Enyolius | IGN - Enyo @ Yopuko (NWPC)
  • Options
    stachu0jons#2959 stachu0jons Member Posts: 11 Arc User

Wild hunt rider, death slaad

1. How wild hunt work after little nerf ?
    2. Why you use death slaad ? In my topic DEATH SLAAD VS EARTH ARCHON,ERINYES OF BELIAL a lot of people say is not worth it .
    B)
  • Options

2. Why you use death slaad ? In my topic DEATH SLAAD VS EARTH ARCHON,ERINYES OF BELIAL a lot of people say is not worth it .
    As I said, it procs even with AoE [Smoke bomb, path of the blades...] and well, I really liked it. It's bonus is 90% of the time active.

About Death slaad... it procs a lot and I can reach the max stacks on one DF. BUT, some m8's told me that the purple version is somehow bugged... dunno if it's the aoe when reaching the 4th stack... on bosses like cn, fbi and msp, the poison is always up. I switched some companions and I'm using now Air, fire archons, death scorpion, death slaad and wild hunt. Also, I proc a lot the scorpion bonus, around 3-5 times during the DF.
  • Options
    dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User

As I said, it procs even with AoE [Smoke bomb, path of the blades...] and well, I really liked it. It's bonus is 90% of the time active.

About Death slaad... it procs a lot and I can reach the max stacks on one DF. BUT, some m8's told me that the purple version is somehow bugged... dunno if it's the aoe when reaching the 4th stack... on bosses like cn, fbi and msp, the poison is always up. I switched some companions and I'm using now Air, fire archons, death scorpion, death slaad and wild hunt. Also, I proc a lot the scorpion bonus, around 3-5 times during the DF.
    I guess the question is if you've tested Wild Hunt Rider uptime recently (like earlier this month). Because they ninja-fixed it and the consensus seems to be that the uptime is pretty bad now for most of the classes that used to have near-100% uptime. But I don't run it on my TR so I can't say for sure. It definitely is junk on CW now.

RE: Death Slaad you're right. I don't know if it's bugged per se, but the epic-level explosion removes all poison stacks. So best practice is to leave Death Slaad at rare if you want to use him for damage.

I'm curious if the poison stacks actually help more than additional +dmg companions. We are getting more options for those kinds of active bonuses, and especially with the current meta of summoning a debuff pet it's getting to the point where each companion active slot is pretty important / valuable.
  • Options
    @dupeks yep, I tested it. Dunno if it's for real or not, but the "wild hunt" text shows very frequently.

BTW, i'm using a Saboteur build and cd reduction is no problem. Anyway, I will trade it for belial and see if changes anything
  • Options
    kittehnekokittehneko Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    I use the paranoid delusion personally, the buffs you get against proned enemies is nifty as hell and it has a pretty decent attack speed and 3 offense slots, so it works well with bondings