test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Paladin pvp?

silverflash#1869 silverflash Member Posts: 4 Arc User
Hello, my question is: Is prot pally pvp viable in anyway? I'm sorry but I cant think of any possible strategy to kill anything in pvp. What we have is a mess of powers when it comes to cc.. So far I have come to realize that sacred weapons+divine judgement is the only viable powers to kill something, every other power is HAMSTER and has next to no dps really. Sure aura of courage does a lot of dps, but that aint enough to kill just by spraying a barrage of atwills since they outheal themselves with lifesteal. Heck even our shields counts to lifesteal.. We are basically easy targets to attack when other classes are low on health to heal themselves... stacking on dmg resistance is also a fail, since tr and hr have burst dmg that will kill you in an instant unless you have a full dmg debuff and tanky rotation such as bane+absolution+truth and prot aura. But seriously how tf are you expecting me to kill them? It will be a neverending battle (pallies are easy lifesteal food) unless they outwit you with a cc move and nuke you to death! One strategy is to nuke someone with banishment when it ends but not practical either since everyone can just dodge it once the immunity ends. Anyone got something brilliant? Otherwise I just want one more nerf from cryptic to find my resolve to delete my pally..
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    actually correcly spec'd paladins do a lot of damage in pvp. You should try to go for the damage path
  • Options
    silverflash#1869 silverflash Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I ofc can do alot of damage, but doing damage has its limitations in pvp. As I said, I can usually do damage to everyone other than gf with vow+sacred wep+divine judgement but the prob is cc and dodges/guard to land it on them. TR can hide in a smoke bomb, hr can just fox dodge it, cw well the worst kind for us lol can just perma-disable us if you let them. List goes on
  • Options
    bullrathbullrath Member Posts: 16 Arc User

I ofc can do alot of damage, but doing damage has its limitations in pvp. As I said, I can usually do damage to everyone other than gf with vow+sacred wep+divine judgement but the prob is cc and dodges/guard to land it on them. TR can hide in a smoke bomb, hr can just fox dodge it, cw well the worst kind for us lol can just perma-disable us if you let them. List goes on

yup because of cc fest it trumps any dmg u put out