test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dungeon Loot Tracking

ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
Over the weekend I finally hit 100 dungeons where I have tracked the loot. (I'm going to continue tracking since this is a very small sample size, but it's where I am so far).

So here is how it went - I tracked which character I played, the dungeon run and what I got out of the epic dungeon key chest. My main interest was the non-standard loot drops, meaning anything beyond the normal salvage, enchant shard, relics, seals, overloads that you find in every chest that you run in that dungeon. Most of the time to queue we will click all of the dungeons below except eCC, eGWD and FBI and just go into the dungeon we are sucked into. The other three we won't pug in so we need a full team before walking in the door.

Malabogs - run 9 times with 1 non-standard loot drop (Cloak of Seld)
VT - run 22 times with 2 non-standard loot drops (Valindra's Belt and the Dreadnaught)
IG (gold runs) - run 4 times, 1 +4 companion gear
eLoL - run 14 times with 2 non-standard loot drops (Cambist Gauntlets and the Winterwolf companion)
eToS - run 22 times with 2 non-standard loot drops (Lifesilk spinneret and the Lantern of Revelation)
CN - run 20 times with 2 non-standard loot drops (Bloodlords visiage, Phoera)
eCC - run 4 times with 2 non-standard loot drops (Pirate hat, and Cleric Disciple)
eGWD - run 3 times with 1 non-standard loot drop (Bloodstained shirt)
FBI - run 2 times with 0 non-standard loot drops

So of 100 runs there appears to be a 12% drop rate of non-standard loot.

I'll update the numbers as I continue tracking. My goal is to have at least 50-100 of each dungeon tracked. Still not a great sample size but the best one person can do with limited game time.
Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

Comments

• Options
    fizgigtiznalkie#4436 fizgigtiznalkie Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    That's garbage, we need better loot.

That said, your loot drops are better than mine, i've run etos 100 times and haven't gotten the spinneret for my cleric yet. 1 +4 in 50 runs of gambit. Still haven't seen a pirate hat or bloodstained shirt. Chest in throne took me ~100 runs.
  • Options
    Ouch, I was convinced my loot drops were worse than they were in the grand scheme of things. The reality is that other than the bloodstained shirt and pirate hat, none of this would have been memorable because most of those drops I have tons of. I've been throwing zulkirs and the orcus hat in the mimic for weeks. That's why I started tracking - to try to figure out if the drop rate was as bad as it seemed or if I just don't need 45 orcus hats so it seems like I never get a good drop when "technically" that would be a good drop to some people.
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• Options
    fizgigtiznalkie#4436 fizgigtiznalkie Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    I've done hundreds of CNs and valindras and never got the shard either. 100s of lostmauths and 3 horns to show for it, you'd think I'd have seen a shard from one of the others. I run a CW, Pally tank and DC.
  • Options
    I have never pulled the Orcus Shard or Shard of Valindra's Crown. I have pulled the Lostmauth horn probably 4 or 5 times, almost exclusively on my healadin. My TR found it once.

We all saved up to buy a guildmate the Orcus shard for his birthday - we gave it to him and on the very next CN run he pulled it out of the chest with all of us in there. I mean we JUST handed it to him. I honestly believe that once you have something your RNG to pull it again increases.

• Options
    mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    I do have to ask, don't you get better loot drop when I run with you?
  • Options
    Hmmm... I haven't noticed. I know you were there when I got the lantern and I think the Cleric Disciple right? Wasn't that one of the ones we ran together?

• Options
    mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    Every time I have ran with you, you seem to get decent loot. I have to run with my friend RP to get better loot and he gets better loot when I am on my tank and he is on his DC.

When I go alone and pug or use LFG, I get junk.

• Options
    We have decided that everyone wants the pirate hat - so you are more than welcome to join us on our future farms of eCC

• Options
    drazym123drazym123 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    I think you only get epic loot when you run with me :)