test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Power & Crit - I hate having no logs...

terrasight#2000 terrasight Member Posts: 112 Arc User
Hi there,

again I coming around with a simple question.

I'm still on PS4 and atm I'm unbuffed at 33k power and 69.5% crit. In fight I'm around 70k power (with the known little ups and lows) and around 87.7-92% crit. My companion has 6380 power and 2055 crit atm (I'm still farming for legendary DoDs until companion gear hits PS4). Mount insignias on crit where I can get without sacrifice my combat advantage/action point gain or companion influence.

I'm doing a good Job (on PS4) from what I can see in FBI & MSVA, but I always try to optimize my build. So I ask myself will it be worth it to lower the companion power a bit and go higher with the crit on him? Switching 1 radiant with 1 brutal maybe... to get more crit near 100%.

I've no logs so I can't see the difference really and my "feeling" says there's no big difference if I test it yesterday. And with owlbear and PoP base power is also a point...

What's the opinion of you guys?

Comments

• Options
    And a second question...does NW has "Jump Points" for crit?
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Again after testing at dolls and dungeons...

I've lowered my crit to around 87% with full power on companion (adorable gear with lights, 9048 power) and brutals on me (with a few lights).

Before I run 100% crit...but now I'm doing more damage If I can trust the possibilities I have to look at (same groups, testing on the same mobs and paingiver etc.).

So...for the PC guys with logs... is it "100% sure" that a 100% crit build (Hellbringer) is the better one against a bit lower crit and more power? I feel different honestly atm... but fore sure I miss the logs to look at...
  • Options
    daccura#4102 daccura Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    There was a guide about Power vs. Crit but I can't find it atm.

Crit is really important but if you have some specific boons you don't really need to aim the 100%. There is a boon called Bahomets Might (or something like that) - has a chance to grant you 2000 crit if you hit a target. This thing procs nearly all the time so that means 2000 crit = 5% crit chance. You could aim for 95% crit chance, that is perfectly fine.

Keep in mind:
    Power and Crit severity don't have a cap but "the more you have of these stats the less usefull it is" (compared to other stats you could stack).

Example:
    400 Power grants a 1%dmg increase right? No. This is true if you have 0 Power and add the 400 Power. That means it is a big difference if you have 30k Power and add for example 4000 Power where as in a buff group you have about 150k Power and add 4000 Power. The dps increase from 30k to 34k Power is bigger than the dps increase from 150k to 154k Power. The same goes with Crit Severity.

Crit chance on the other hand is fix. 400 more Crit Strike equals always in a 1% more crit chance. If you are running all the time with 80% crit chance for example you will not crit for 20% of the time you are fighting (mathematicaly). You will loose a big amount of dmg because of that.
    PoP can't crit so stacking power is not a bad idea but keep in mind PoP is about 20% - 30% of your overall dmg (at least in my case).
    It is also build specific. As an example the Feytouched Enchantment on a SB build works wonders. Why? Because if you can land a crit with your HG it generates sparks for you. Non-stop SS spam builds therefore have to build as much crit chance as the can because if their starting encounter power HG does not crit - the rotation is screwed.

So now my personal preference would be to aim at least 90% - 95% crit chance (ideal would be 100% of course).
  • Options
    I'm at 92 now... changed a bit around... works fine from the results I can see. I always try to find ways to get more out of my build...but at this point there is not much more I can do so I try every little thing out ;)