test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

last wave of fire archons in sewer are too deadly

wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
each time i nearly died by 1 more hit, had to ran to campfire just to stay alive, way too much red rings and no safe spot for GF as melee tactican, made the shield useless to take less damages.
i was 3.0k before the item gear changes, now at 9.9k, seem it was tailor for "previously 3.5k/currently 15k base" to run effortless and flawless.

advice for GF tact for that sewer runs? any other class do better?

Comments

• Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    It won't be of any help but my 2.7k GF which currently has a semi-DPS build (as I only run him solo) has no problems, I use TI as a group interrupt/damage and a Champion's Banner as an aoe debuff. You should pick off the archon archers first as they are squishy but do a lot of the aoe damage.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    They aren't a lot of fun for a combat HR, or a TR but the Nashers are worse. It would be good if the devs tried balancing things better for melee classes, especially the squishy ones. Multiple overlapping AoEs, teleporting bosses... not every class is ranged.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    What about your alter ego?
    The answer is Loadouts, brother!
    Loadout 1: Tactician Party-buffer build
    Loadout 2: Conqueror Solo daily smasher
    If you can't clear digsite solo as a conqueror (you should) then join one of the many "LFG digsite" groups.
    They run 24/7 posting in Zone chat in the river District.
    I run the circuit once per day with digsite group, never took me more then 2 min to find a group.
    Even just 2 or 3 players makes a speed run of digsites super fast.
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.
  • Options
    that is problem with Loadouts, they want more money to unlock, dont think dev(il)s really care, they hurt classes more than thier mobs, making frustrations and group forcing.
  • Options
    dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    > @wylonus said:
    > that is problem with Loadouts, they want more money to unlock
    Free. You get one free Loadout.
    Are you saying both your Loadouts, 1 and 2, are the same low DPS tactician? Why?

If solo/daily/campaigns are difficult for you, and you only have the one free loadout, shouldn't it be Solo/daily build with high DPS?
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.
  • Options
    litaaerslitaaers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 871 Arc User
    wylonus said:

that is problem with Loadouts, they want more money to unlock, dont think dev(il)s really care, they hurt classes more than thier mobs, making frustrations and group forcing.

You got one for free. Where do you need money to use that one?

• Options
    did we all get 2 slots, for solo and group? remember, i just recently came back with my newly built PC, i was out as inactive for 3 1/2 months due dying old PC that i had for 6 years. just back playing since last friday.
    i am rusty and need time to find my groove.
  • Options
    You have your current loadout and a second one that you can spec out any way you like. That is free. Additional ones beyond the second cost ZEN.
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    but only 500 zen
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    have you started working on getting bonding runes?
  • Options
    only got 1 maxed bond, have few rank 7's and working on it. they are expensive.
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User
    Of the 3 factions in RD, I think Kabal's are the worst.

There is entirely too much AoE attacks in the fire elementals. I think the devs went overboard with the knocks and prones in Mod 11. Kabal's forces seem to have the majority of them.

There are more of "them" than there is of the PC. It takes longer for the PC to stand up after being knocked prone than it does for any of the NPCs we fight with.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    wylonus said:

each time i nearly died by 1 more hit, had to ran to campfire just to stay alive, way too much red rings and no safe spot for GF as melee tactican, made the shield useless to take less damages.
    i was 3.0k before the item gear changes, now at 9.9k, seem it was tailor for "previously 3.5k/currently 15k base" to run effortless and flawless.

advice for GF tact for that sewer runs? any other class do better?

Use Fighter's Recovery, stop letting circles cross you up on shield, stop sitting in one place and stabbing. Just because the GF has a shield doesn't mean you need to use it 24/7, you will need to dodge attacks at times.

Other than that, get a soloing build, probably will be SM Conqueror since SM helps the GF's relatively shoddy AoE DPS.
    pitshade said:

They aren't a lot of fun for a combat HR, or a TR but the Nashers are worse. It would be good if the devs tried balancing things better for melee classes, especially the squishy ones. Multiple overlapping AoEs, teleporting bosses... not every class is ranged.

Ah, disjointed hitboxes, my old friend. Good thing we are relatively well acquainted.

• Options
    waywardwizard#4349 waywardwizard Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    Imo the design of the kabal mobs is very lazy. They just slapped together some aoe/cc explosions and called it a day. Every time I get to fight them its either close range aoe cc or ranged aoe cc. Oh, and when they die they do what? They release an aoe cc. Meh. With the current server lag my toon is like the ball in a ping pong game, just flying all over the place.

As for them actually posing a threat, well, when i face them with my formerly 2.7 GF i just hit them all with Enforced T , block their immediate aoe/cc while stabbing a few times. Then I can pop VM and mow them down with weapon master strike, finishing any1 still standing with Griffinor whichever 3rd encounter I have slotted. ITF never leaves my hotbar.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,224 Arc User
    When I play my OP alt who only has augment and no bonding pet, carrying 4 generation ago Burning weapon, I just love to play Kabal. That area is the easiest for him among all. The harder the AOE is, the better reflect damage he will do. I was thinking how long it would take for this low damage OP to run 45 Kadal portal quest. I was thinking every run would take at least 20 minutes (if solo). That would be horrible. No, it took a lot shorter than I thought. Only about 10 minutes including all the jumping and he did not even block. :)
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    > @greywynd said:
    > Of the 3 factions in RD, I think Kabal's are the worst.
    >
    > There is entirely too much AoE attacks in the fire elementals. I think the devs went overboard with the knocks and prones in Mod 11. Kabal's forces seem to have the majority of them.
    >
    > There are more of "them" than there is of the PC. It takes longer for the PC to stand up after being knocked prone than it does for any of the NPCs we fight with.

I went with Nashers as the worst because for the most part, Kabal forces are annoying with knocks and area denial. Nashers teleport all over the place, hit hard and have nearly as much AoE.

Regardless, those two factions are out of line when one considers Nostura, Gryion, Undead and Kobolds.

RJC, not sure what you mean by disjointed hit boxes.
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    That's what the damn needs in the first place, is some challenge. Even though the RD is still a cakewalk for me.

Too much of this game is a steamroll. Even back in the old days the leveling quests and dungeons were exciting.