test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Returning player, requesting help

jody1990jody1990 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
Hi everyone.

When I last played neverwinter it was around Mod4/5 and decided to make a return.
Ive played a bit of the game over the past couple of days and have played all characters so far.
I cant realy decide on what character to play as my main (and I dont have time to play all).

I don't mind what class it is as I like all (except the DC/CW).

I've leveled an OP to about 28 now and I quite enjoy the tankyness of the class however it just doesnt have that X-factor for me, I think its because of the speed (kill speed, ability speed, movement speed idk).

GWF's are everywhere so I think thats not a great option as it'll take a while for me to actually compete with the hundreds of GWF's that are allready super geared.

I plan on doing everything in the game, PvE-PvP-Solo-Group.

Can anyone help me out here?

Regards

Comments

• haden42eehaden42ee Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 62 Arc User
    All DPS classes share that competitiveness​ problem. A pity that you don't want a DC - they're in demand for group play and Righteous (DPS) spec makes them good for solo play too.

I'd suggest you try out a GF. As long as your expectations remain realistic (you don't want to dominate PVP or out-DPS everyone in PVE), you can have a tank loadout for dungeons and DPS loadout for solo play and do well enough while you gear up.
  • jody1990jody1990 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    haden42ee said:

A pity that you don't want a DC - they're in demand for group play and Righteous (DPS) spec makes them good for solo play too.

Ive been a healer for 14yrs in WoW, I wanna try out something else ^^
    Tanking does seem very interesting in this game, I have to admit.
    However a tank would seem more of a - secondary character for me.

Would you have any other advice for me?
    I appreciate the time you took to answer my question! Thank you

EDIT: I wish Neverwinter had a Monk class, then this whole thing wouldnt've been an issue :P

Post edited by jody1990 on
  • dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    There are too many DPS toons. They have a hard time getting parties in some endgame content like FBI.
    If you like your Pally, that is a good choice.
    With Loadouts, Pally is very versatile (full tank or full healer).
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,373 Arc User
    If you want to solo, GWF.
    If you want to be a party magnet, DC and GF.
    If you want to solo and be a occasional party tank, OP.
    If you want to have solo "fun", TR (in my opinion).
    If you want to be a paingiver and not a GWF, HR and SW.
    CW is a good controller and good for party (in my opinion) but they are underrated and be marginalized at the moment.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    edited May 2017

There is a big shortage of players with tank, healer, or buff/debuff builds in this game.

You have my interest, could you please tell me more?
    EDIT: Mainly the buff/debuff builds please
    jody1990 said:

There is a big shortage of players with tank, healer, or buff/debuff builds in this game.

You have my interest, could you please tell me more?
    EDIT: Mainly the buff/debuff builds please
    Google "neverwinter dc buff debuff build".
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    So only the DC has a buff/debuff build?
  • dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    jody1990 said:

So only the DC has a buff/debuff build?

Go to the Temple (DC Class Forum) and the Barracks (GF class forum).
    There are several buffer DC builds to choose from there.
    IMHO the best buffer GF build right now is @rjc9000's "Together We Ride" tactician..

Read and follow the class forums. That is where you will learn the most about your buffer build.

JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited May 2017

If you want to solo, GWF.
    If you want to be a party magnet, DC and GF.
    If you want to solo and be a occasional party tank, OP.
    If you want to have solo "fun", TR (in my opinion).
    If you want to be a paingiver and not a GWF, HR and SW.
    CW is a good controller and good for party (in my opinion) but they are underrated and be marginalized at the moment.

I'd revise (and I'm a GWF, as a main):

If you want to be a party magnet, DC, OP and GF.
    If you want to solo and be a occasional party tank, GF. [OP's don't do enough damage]
    --If you want to have solo "fun", TR (in my opinion). [perhaps]
    If you want to be a paingiver and not a GWF: HR, CW and SW.

That being said, I don't see nearly as many GWFs as I used to. Many have switched to HR since the recent re-work. GWFs have had numerous micro-nerfs over the last couple of mods and aren't as popular as they once were.
    First off - Thank you all for taking the time and replying to my question, I realy appreciate it!

I've been reading on forums, watching twitch, watching youtube on all classes and I think i've figured out what I want the class to have.
    I want a class that can do campaigns/digsites/dailies solo with lightning speed. Fast pased action. no slacking around ^^
    What would be the best class for this? as far as I could see it would be HR/TR however I would like some more info before I commit to playing 'x' class.
    Maybe this info can be of any help to anyone still reading my topic:

In WoW I've mained a Monk (all specs, healer/tank/dps)
    In Blade and Soul I've mained a Bladedancer and Blademaster (forgive me if I miss spelled the class names)

These are the type of playstyles I realy enjoy playing.
    Fast paced - fast movement - get in/get out
    jody1990 said:

have.
    I want a class that can do campaigns/digsites/dailies solo with lightning speed. Fast pased action. no slacking around ^^

GWF.
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    GWF or HR. Possibly TR.
    Thank you all, I will have another try at the GWF, HR and TR.
  • asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    You said, that you dont like CW, but he is the other class with dps and buff abilities.

With loadout you can play SS thraum for dps and MOF renegade for buff/debuff. For good dps your CW needs really good gear. For max debuff, you should have a second set of gear for your MOF CW.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.