test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What good is "Loadout"?

astrotiger5astrotiger5 Member Posts: 157 Arc User
I'm confused, what good is about "Loadout"!? They seem to be "Retraining Token" but you can keep the older character! Is that right? Why don't you create a new character...naming it the character's name with "I", "II" or "III" (etc.)?

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    litaaerslitaaers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 871 Arc User
    Because this way, you don't have to entirely relevel a new character, for one.

Think of this as being able to choose if you are going out in your light duty setup, or if you are going out loaded for bear (Jeweled Battle Shorts, and all).
  • Options
    Another example: If I need to use the FBI armor that needs Voninblood, I can set my ability scores/powers/feats/boons to a setup that accounts for the lost stats while using the armor. Then, instead of respec'ing, I can switch back to my 'normal' setup.
  • Options
    dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    @astrotiger5
    "Why don't you create a new character...naming it the character's name with "I", "II" or "III" (etc.)?"

... and transfer all your equipment back and forth every single time you swap characters?
    Or have 2 copies of everything for every character?
    Nope.
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.
  • Options
    I played AD&D long time (started 1976+) and know NO character is perfect. You have to play the character "warts and all". That is why I have 40 Characters..you get tried one character...you switch to other.
  • Options
    Well, you play that way, and the rest of us will use loadout.

Here's a question: When you play a Mage, do you ALWAYS bring the same spells on every adventure? Loadouts are like being able to dip into your pack, and pull out some spells you didn't have handy.

I think you are overthinking what Loadouts are for.
  • Options
    lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    This means I can have two set ups for my GF

IV / Tact for Buffing / Tanking for group player (more difficult dungeons)

SM / Conq for grinding out dailies and easy dungeons

It might not be a full DPS build for a GF but already I can see dailies being much much easier to complete and much less boring.

This has got to be the best QoL improvement for GFs ever
  • Options
    dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    @astrotiger5
    "I played AD&D long time (started 1976+) "
    Proper respect for a PnP veteran.
    "and know NO character is perfect. You have to play the character "warts and all."
    And in PnP you are absolutely correct.
    But this action MMORPG is DPS and DandD in name only.
    The full game title should be:
    NEVERWINTER: Very loosely based on ... no... inspired by Dungeons and Dragons by Gary Gygax.
    Being more MMO then DandD, NWO needs combat-friendly tools. Loadouts are fairly common in MMOs.
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.
  • Options
    Some play their character as if extension of themselves. Other play their character as if they are little "children"... whenever...(and I don't like PVP...maybe I'm a real "Veteran" with PTSD).
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User
    Some play their character.

Others think they're just playing a video game.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    danievdwdanievdw Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    If you could have 2 different sets of armour, for each build, it would have been nice, but now you have to replace the different armour. So what is it good for you ask ? For Bag/Bank slot sales, of course.
  • Options
    waywardwizard#4349 waywardwizard Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    If every class actually had viable roles in its different trees/path then sure loadouts woud be awesome. As things stand tho, most of us have 1 build. The loadout for me is barely worth it only as means to separate pve and pvp and only with a few feats/gear at that.
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    The primary beneficiaries as far as PVE i concerned, are the 3 support classes, DC,GF and OP who can have solo/DPS centered builds without having to compromise their effectiveness in groups. There are also timea when different builds are useful - heals vs. debuffs for instance.

After that, it helps classes that have some kind of support specialization, CW and SW especially - though I've heard some ideas from HR as well. For classes and characters that are ALL DEEPS ALL THE TIEM!!1, it is more a curiosity since some classes have little in the way of options and those that exist tend to require different weapon enchants, etc... Just because someone doesn't find it useful or optimal doesn't mean that no one else does.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother