test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Difficulty getting into Nsva

I have the relic weapons but find it very difficult (almost impossible in fact) to join Nsva as a DPS class. It seems like most people have already moved on to the master version. My question is should I level my character more (currently 3557) and try to get into Msva instead?

I would like to get my relic weapons built up but it's pretty demoralising to not even be able to get in, let alone get what I need to finish the task. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    diloul31diloul31 Member Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    I have the same problem...

I spent many hours fishing and going from islands to islands to dig treasures.

I spent loads of AD for lanolin and turtle skins because the drop rate in heroics is just pathetic ( really Cryptic wtf ? )
    Then the bibliothol and other stupid others stuff like that cost me an arm...

I spend a lot of time diging ostorian relics and when i hit the 50k for my 2 weapons, the ostorian relic pack gave me the epic tool when i din't need it anymore -_-

Anyway, i finally restored my weapons a week ago only to find out that i couldn't enter an NSVA because i'm dps -_-'

Yesterday finally, someone invited me with my 3.15k gs warlock ( fun fact : almost all dps where between 3.2 and 3.6 gs, i was always fisrt in dps not by a few millions but hundred millions ! Around 270 millions total dps xD. Do the gs means shiit if you don't know your class)

We did 4 runs, i got 4, 3 and 4 blue marks and an epic mark ( i had more chance to win lottery than to win an epic mark in Nsva xD ...)
    You need 5 blue of each for a single weapon so i need minimum 6 more runs just for upgrading to blue my weapon set if i'm lucky...

So your initial question... Why so few people run Nsva and go straight for Msva ?

In fact the drop rate of epics marks in MSVA is so horrible that instead of spending reputation or keys in Nsva for blue mark, they go straight for MSVA expecting epic marks but if they get blues, they need it anyway...

So you could consider, runing Nsva is waste of keys / reputation...

So go right to MSVA ? Under 3.5k or 4k no group will let you in ( if you die, you stay dead)

That doesn't change the fact that this game lack Dcs and Tanks able to run end game content...

But hey ! You can always buy a dc toon and pay for campaign for 4500z each and then buy all the artifacts and enchants you need.
    It will cost only cost you something lilke 500 dollars (probably 1000 $ in fact)

Or you can grind until you puke and maybe in a year or so, your dc alt will be ready for running MSVA...

These guys at Cryptic, i swear...
  • Options
    mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    diloul31 said:

I have the same problem...

I spent many hours fishing and going from islands to islands to dig treasures.

I spent loads of AD for lanolin and turtle skins because the drop rate in heroics is just pathetic ( really Cryptic wtf ? )

Then the bibliothol and other stupid others stuff like that cost me an arm...

I spend a lot of time diging ostorian relics and when i hit the 50k for my 2 weapons, the ostorian relic pack gave me the epic tool when i din't need it anymore -_-

Anyway, i finally restored my weapons a week ago only to find out that i couldn't enter an NSVA because i'm dps -_-'

Yesterday finally, someone invited me with my 3.15k gs warlock ( fun fact : almost all dps where between 3.2 and 3.6 gs, i was always fisrt in dps not by a few millions but hundred millions ! Around 270 millions total dps xD. Do the gs means shiit if you don't know your class)

We did 4 runs, i got 4, 3 and 4 blue marks and an epic mark ( i had more chance to win lottery than to win an epic mark in Nsva xD ...)

You need 5 blue of each for a single weapon so i need minimum 6 more runs just for upgrading to blue my weapon set if i'm lucky...

So your initial question... Why so few people run Nsva and go straight for Msva ?

In fact the drop rate of epics marks in MSVA is so horrible that instead of spending reputation or keys in Nsva for blue mark, they go straight for MSVA expecting epic marks but if they get blues, they need it anyway...

So you could consider, runing Nsva is waste of keys / reputation...

So go right to MSVA ? Under 3.5k or 4k no group will let you in ( if you die, you stay dead)

That doesn't change the fact that this game lack Dcs and Tanks able to run end game content...

But hey ! You can always buy a dc toon and pay for campaign for 4500z each and then buy all the artifacts and enchants you need.

It will cost only cost you something lilke 500 dollars (probably 1000 $ in fact)

Or you can grind until you puke and maybe in a year or so, your dc alt will be ready for running MSVA...

These guys at Cryptic, i swear...

$500 for a fresh 70 toon with proper boons, companions, enchantments, runestones, gear, and artifacts. Nope...try around $2K if not $3K. That is if you go full on cash to buy the character. The thing is though, SKT campaign is not purchasable, so you will have to run that until you can get in SVGA.

The funny thing is, I imagine that less than 5-10% of NW characters can probably run nSVGA.

• Options
    darkheart#6758 darkheart Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    The benefit of running msva over nsva:you get both a blue mark and a purple mark to move your relic weapon up. Unless you get really lucky and get the superior mark to upgrade relic weapon to legendary.

Best bet, go straight to msva, 10 to 12 runs should give you all marks needed to move weapons to purple.
  • Options
    azaylin#1903 azaylin Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    darkheart gets it. Also difficulty is pretty much the same which is the really confusing part. Differnce Nsva hard timer no over time but you can come back in if you release after death. Msva you get overtime but can't come back in after death. Monsters hit for the same.... So people load up with Scrolls to resurrect, presto run msva = better reward for time invested same difficulty.
  • Options
    xinexixxinexix Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    Join a guild in a large alliance... i literally see groups looking for people (even dps) all day long in my alliance chat. Even 2 or 3 groups at once.

• Options
    scr#4579 scr Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Sva is hard because Arc in all their wisdom not only made SOMI a mind numbingly miserable experience (fishing is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, the boat mechanic is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, the dragon turtle is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, the glitchy map locations are <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>), FBI and SVA have literally -nothing- of interest for DC or Tanks. The fabled unicorns are excruciatingly hard to find, the dps desperate, and many punters uneducated about the trial and fbi mechanics don't listen, and then the game glitches, lags and glitches even more.

For MSVA you've got an army of 4k+ snobs, a good chunk of which I've seen do -less- dps than a 3.5k. Team composition is ignored over item level, on and on and on.

But mostly, because the dc and tanks have little to no reward for an uphill grind of immense proportions. Combine this with the extra annoyance of dailies for non dps classes, what else was to be expected?

Smaller guilds a given the shaft, and friendships are killed off.

People are simpy thwarted from any progression because Arc didn't think SOMI through.

The staff think this is all "exciting" content.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    ^ This
    I saw the same people ( i will not give names) saying here : "You just need to join a guild with tanks and dcs" spaming somi chat to get into a group xD

And about dps, i have a 3.15k sw toon and i do around 250m to 300m in Nsva damage when 3.5k dps do less than 200m -_-"
    (and i have onlya dread r8 enchant, rhe rest are r8, r9 mostly)

So when i see, need 4k for msva and fbi, it makes me laught...

And things will get worse soon for 2 reasons
    - with the next mod release...
    Because like you said, nsva is useless for tanks and dcs but the 11mod new weapons will be good for them, so we will have even less dcs and tanks willing to help us for sva...

- 2 others free mmo will be released soon on PS4, Terra and an other one from russia, i can't remember the name.
    People will prefer a fresh start on even ground instead of joining Neverwinter which is slowly but very surely dying due to Arc devs who don't give a shiit about us and whag we need...

For exemple in the new russian mmo, there is no real "trinity", any character can switch from dps to dc or tank whenever they need to without respec...
    But Cryptic thinks it's totally normal to go again throught campaigns for your alts dc/tanks and or spend 2 or 3 months of salary to get a toon ready for endgame...
    If only the extra ressources from your main could be use for alts campaign progress but no... It's used for keys or nothing...

I think i did a huge mistake, throwing so much time and stuff into getting relics weapons only to be unable to upgrade them...
    Post edited by diloul31 on
  • Options
    kinganuthinkinganuthin Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    It's quite a conundrum..
    Its not just that SVA offers little to DC (why even do NSVA?).. its that we have to have a DC!! No.. thats not correct.. TWO DCs!!!
    The DC changes should have came this patch. Healadin and MOF Ren CW would have been just fine instead of DC, and both would benefit from relic weapons more than DC.
  • Options
    I just read something interesting (HAMSTER)
    Not sure if its true, but if you activate the defence buff of relic weapons, via dodge/sprint/etc.. You are locked out of the offence bonus via encounter for 30 sec..
    If this is the case, i wouldnt even get worked up about not getting sva, and get the next mod weapons. which will be easier to get to leg.
  • Options
    ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    Maybe part of the problem is that you guys are completely dismissing 50% of the possible healer/buffers.

If you'll only roll with a DC, then the healadins will be running through FBI and MSVA/SVA without you
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• Options
    edited March 2017
    @kinganuthin
    Indeed but the extra damage ( damage not power, crit) stat vs twisted alone give you so much more output dps even at green.

In fact using a green set relics vs orange twisted set, it's like you have 4k or 5k more power.
    The damage stat for weapon is something like 1 point = 20 power
  • Options
    diloul31 said:

@kinganuthin

Indeed but the extra damage ( damage not power, crit) stat vs twisted alone give you so much more output dps even at green.

In fact using a green set relics vs orange twisted set, it's like you have 4k or 5k more power.

The damage stat for weapon is something like 1 point = 20 power

oh yeah, i know.. i have main at epic and off at rare.
    I just cant get over that def or off buff.. I roll around like a mad man for the extra power and recovery.. and to stay alive.. gonna have to change my habits a little.
    But still.. that could mean rarely getting the offence buff. So I guess my point is to not sweat it that hard, if all else fails, then get the mod 11 weapons. The relics at green are better than twisted are they not?
  • Options
    ravenskya said:

Maybe part of the problem is that you guys are completely dismissing 50% of the possible healer/buffers.

If you'll only roll with a DC, then the healadins will be running through FBI and MSVA/SVA without you

for sure. too many dismiss the healadin - justice buff/de. MOF/ren CW has some fine buff/debuff as well.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    indeed Kinganuthin

From my perspective, green relics > twisted set for dps but twisted helped with more survability, i die a lot more with relics...

But my problem is elsewhere.

With my orange twisted set, i was 3230 because i had 2 enchants slotted...

With my green relics, i'm loosing 2 enchants ( less armor pen and lifesteal) and i'm sitting at 3.15k...
    To slot my 2 enchants in my relics, i need to get them to epic :/

I gain dps but loose ilvl, arm pen and life steal... (msva is 3200 ilvl)

Next mod will change that to 3100 and the whole ilvl is gona change in a near future ( everything will count in ilvl : companions, mounts, insignas, ect...)
  • Options
    It's the same for everyone of every class I think the problem is a few things like the fact that it's so hard to grow your toons that people queue up hoping someone else will carry them through the content so noone wants to pug as you guys call it... And also cryptic needs to look at damage on more than the DC I have a pally healer and I have to beg people to help me do my dailys every day. I've even heard of healers charging to queue with people because it's so hard to bring there toon up and get all the boons. That being said noone wants to be a healer for that very reason and that's another reason. Queues are so long because there's 100 DPS to 1 healer..
  • Options
    mrmakeithappen#7220 mrmakeithappen Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    Not sure what system u play on but on ps4 as a 3.6k gwf it not to bad. The op gear score should be fine to find a group for nsva. I use to have a tough time getting in. I use to post 3x rank 12 bondings & all that other <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> & it would take forever to get an invite. Lately I've just been posting exp gwf 3.6k & I'm usually picked up pretty quick. I guess ppl started picking up if you gotta convince them to send you an invite your not really all that good & their skeptical of others that post everything they have BIS. I would say try to run msva unless you just want the experience to learn the fight or you're trying to get the historian chest piece.
  • Options
    wulf#5119 wulf Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    It's been mentioned but I would like to share that since switching my cw to mof renegade (full buff/debuff) it's been easier to find groups AND the affect on sva runs is more than noticeable. A mof renegade at any ilvl easily takes the place of a strong 4k dps as far as how much it speeds up the run time. I'd highly recommend groups considering bringing one of these along in place of a dps or even a dc if you have at least 1 really good one already
  • Options
    mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    Easy content = more DPS
    Harder content = more support roles

If you want to play in the latest end game content, it is always easier to get into content as a support player. If you want to play as a DPS you better be near max with your GS and be really good as a damager.

I have heard stories of mid 3K player producing 3-4x the next player in damage and still being kicked due to the IL not being 4k.

One post I read stated it very nicely...

Support players, especially healers/buffers, can get into content with bare minimum stats due to what they bring to the party. DPS has to be near max of the prior content IL to run the latest and tanks need decent enough stats to run it.