test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Cruel Joke of Arcanic Focus Farming

In the past three days I've trief to farm Arcanic Focus. I expected it to be tedious, I expected it to be the grind to end all grinds. But what has happened is beyond horrible. I've been given about 20 of them but.. (and this is a doozy) I've only recieved one of them. One. Out of 20. What cruel, sadistic, warped idea of a joke is this? How the bloody (I'll just say HAMSTER to make things easier) does someone screw up looting a treasure trove? I'm not "double clicking" or "mashing the 'F' key", I've done both solo and group farming of dig sites and before I get the reward I check my inventory page, take it, and almost every time -- Nothing. Zip. Nada. Zilch. The Old Goose Egg.

How in Moradin's name am I supposed to restore my weapon by next Thursday when a key item is practically unobtainable even with ridiculous amounts of farming?

Comments

• Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    You were supposed to be doing dailies since mod 11 launched if you wanted them in time for 2x RP.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    ontheleftcoast#2086 ontheleftcoast Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    urabask said:

You were supposed to be doing dailies since mod 11 launched if you wanted them in time for 2x RP.

Nope, that's a lame answer and you know it. We're given the option to farm but it's broken. If they're going to change the rules like this they need to give us something back in return.
  • Options
    dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    Is it related to any of the behaviors described here:
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1229731/dig-site-warning

We need to provide detailed information in the bug reports if we have any hope of getting it addressed.

If you collect arcane focus from a digsite and press shift + click the image of the arcane focus on screen, you won't collect anything....

Also

Are folks saying that if they get the error they cannot subsequently re-loot?

im saying when you reloot it will show items on screen like you obtained them... but they will not go into your inventory.

• Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User

urabask said:

Nope, that's a lame answer and you know it. We're given the option to farm but it's broken. If they're going to change the rules like this they need to give us something back in return.
    Even before they added them to the daily/weekly grinding dig-sites still had a miserable drop rate for AF.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    dupeks said:

Is it related to any of the behaviors described here:
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1229731/dig-site-warning

We need to provide detailed information in the bug reports if we have any hope of getting it addressed.

If you collect arcane focus from a digsite and press shift + click the image of the arcane focus on screen, you won't collect anything....

Also

Are folks saying that if they get the error they cannot subsequently re-loot?

im saying when you reloot it will show items on screen like you obtained them... but they will not go into your inventory.

It's possible I pressed "Shift-Click" at one point to show a guildmate what they were. But that was days ago. You're telling me that once that happens I can never again farm Arcanic Focus? Even if I log out of the game and come back the next day?
  • Options
    dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    I'm not assuming anything, I'm saying this is a serious issue, so detailed description of behavior would be critical if we have any hope for a fix. I was testing earlier today in a party and was also able to get a situation where I didn't get _any_ loot from a digsite despite it showing up on my HUD.
  • Options
    dupeks said:

I'm not assuming anything, I'm saying this is a serious issue, so detailed description of behavior would be critical if we have any hope for a fix. I was testing earlier today in a party and was also able to get a situation where I didn't get _any_ loot from a digsite despite it showing up on my HUD.

OK, thanks. I'll do some more farming and see if I get lucky and actually get one I'll report what I did. For now all I can say is nothing seems to work: I've tried taking one item at a time, take all, using my mouse to click the buttons and pressing the 'F' key to take all.
  • Options
    namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    You won't make it. With the lower drop rate, fixed double looting, and bugged drops in groups, you won't have enough hours even if you farmed from now till the end of double-RP and not sleep. The guaranteed drop, low farming drop, and other resources that needs more farming, pretty much says you need at least a month of farming.
  • Options
    nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    dupeks said:

It would be interesting if the items went into the other players bag.

Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • Options
    I did two full 9 dig site runs solo and found 3 more Arcanic Focus. I got two out of that, here's what I noticed:

When the dialog comes up try clicking 'Take' with your mouse. This SHOULD take the bottom item from the list and move it to your inventory. If it doesn't the dialog is flaking out and it will probably eat your Arcanic Focus. Just press 'Esc' to close the dialog -- don't worry, you'll get EXACTLY the same items when you loot the treasure trove again.

If you can successfully 'Take' the bottom item the dialog seems to be working correctly. You can now click, "Take All" and it should give you the Arcanic Focus. I'm guessing what happened is the code they use to prevent double looting is causing some bizarre failure in the dialog handler. Whatever the case the dialog definitely malfunctions and when it does all bets are off on what you'll get when you loot.

Of course my sample size on this is a puny 3 items. It could just be I got blind stinking lucky on those 2 tries. Hopefully other people who are having trouble get dig sites to reward Arcanic Focus can try this and verify it.
  • Options
    It turns out the SOLO part is what made it better. The developers have confirmed that multiple people looting at the same time can cause loot to fail. Good luck getting the other players in a group to cooperate!
  • Options
    And I can confirm that it works. I was able to successfully farm Arcanic Focus in groups today. It takes some effort to get people to cooperate but it does work. OMG, what a painful bug.