test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

PvP Tenacity Gateway

We all know, those without tenacity don't stand a flying chance in hell to compete. So why isn't there a tenacity gateway? Or, decrease all gear's tenacity and give more base tenacity to each player, something in the 1000-1500 range perhaps? One way or the other, so that way when these fresh players join PvP they stand a chance of liking it.

Comments

• Options
    disposablehero#5903 disposablehero Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    PvP sets exist for a reason. Not all are glory/marks only, anyone can get them for a bit of AD investment. A new players best bet is to look for some initial pieces on the broker and bring a buddy or two. Fiddling with gear stats is a waste of time.
    Dungeon Interior Coordinator for WAR-BOUND. <i class="Italic"></i>

PS4 characters:
    Brie Liadon, Shotgun Wizard
    Disposable Hero, Kidney removal technician
    Valorous Cake, Armored pastry defender
    Ginger Christ needs no introductions
  • Options
    elrondknightelrondknight Member Posts: 109 Arc User

PvP sets exist for a reason. Not all are glory/marks only, anyone can get them for a bit of AD investment. A new players best bet is to look for some initial pieces on the broker and bring a buddy or two. Fiddling with gear stats is a waste of time.

The batlescarred gear is useless. Nothing will really help against the pre-mades, that's a given... but the battlescarred gear is worse than whatever you might be wearing if you DO actually come up against another pug team.
  • Options
    trentbail21trentbail21 Member Posts: 433 Arc User
    Thats the whole reason they made warborn.
    Find me in game if you want and send me a domination/ gaunt invite. If you are good and im not busy ill play with you. Im not an elitist ill play with almost anyone.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Double post. See below.
    Post edited by disposablehero#5903 on

PS4 characters:
  • Options
    forumnamesuxsforumnamesuxs Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 490 Arc User
    Warborn is not accessible enough to new players. I mean, to make new players want to invest money on this, to buy warborn, they would need a decent first impression of the PvP experience this game has to offer, which they absolutely, without any shred of doubt, won't have with the way things are now.
    The <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> way this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> company treats PvP is an embarrassment to themselves, us, and the rest of the gaming community.
    Wolves, big as a horse! I need new pants!

• Options

The batlescarred gear is useless. Nothing will really help against the pre-mades, that's a given... but the battlescarred gear is worse than whatever you might be wearing if you DO actually come up against another pug team.
    You want a trophy just for showing up, eh? Well it doesn't work that way, buddy. There isn't just Battlescarred gear to be had on the broker, there are also 5 different sets available throughout the bracket levels which can be used. Players are meant to PvP throughout their time in Neverwinter, not just at 70. You may also consider playing a bit of the twink game yourself and using rank 12s, maybe get a nice weapon and armor enchant too? Getting to max level and then getting mad because you can't just step into the arena and wreck people is silly.

Know what else is silly? Claiming that 0 tenacity is better than having tenacity. Perhaps this is why you are having a hard time in the arena, you need to brush up on your understanding of how things work.

PS4 characters:
  • Options
    kemi1984kemi1984 Member Posts: 849 Arc User
    Don't ever use the "Gateway" word again, it bring back good memories.

Thank you.
    Nancy - Dragonborn, SM Guardian Fighter
    A proud member of "mythical horde of DPS GFs"

1). Is SW more dps or tank based?
    2). Yes. I am panzer!
    3). Get ACT if you want to celebrate your epeen.
    4). Horniness will not stand between me and what I believe - "MM"
  • Options

You want a trophy just for showing up, eh? Well it doesn't work that way, buddy. There isn't just Battlescarred gear to be had on the broker, there are also 5 different sets available throughout the bracket levels which can be used. Players are meant to PvP throughout their time in Neverwinter, not just at 70. You may also consider playing a bit of the twink game yourself and using rank 12s, maybe get a nice weapon and armor enchant too? Getting to max level and then getting mad because you can't just step into the arena and wreck people is silly.

Know what else is silly? Claiming that 0 tenacity is better than having tenacity. Perhaps this is why you are having a hard time in the arena, you need to brush up on your understanding of how things work.
    I find it ironic that you have such distain for participation rewards, in a post that suggests it is a good idea to buy gear with glory in the Trade of Blades. The gear available for lvling toons was based on participation rewards... glory. All the sets available under lvl 70 were put in the shop when EVERY player that queued for PvP got some glory for the effort. That was how players were supposed to earn their gear. Sadly, that wasn't the conversation we were having. You said that PvP gear bought on the AH, battlescarred gear, was a viable alternative for new players in PvP. The only mention of the PvP gear in trade of blades was that it was NOT necessary for new players.

As for the 0 tenacity being better... you have to look at what you are giving up for that tenacity. If they just tacked tenacity onto PVE gear... maybe. But that's not the way tenacity gear is built. Green battlescarred gear, for example. 200 - 300 tenacity is given in exchange for 100 point deductions from the other stats AND a 1200 reduction in HP. So one piece of gear reduces 200 - 300 damage. & takes 1200 hitpoints away from me. When the opponent hits for 5k - 10k on an at will, 25k - 75k on an encounter & 100k+ on a daily... yeah, a 200 - 300 damage reduction is worth less than the 1200 HP per gear piece. But, hey... Maybe if I just study reeeaaalll hard, those enemies will get weaker.

• Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    Bro... I hit 250000 damage on players with zero tenacity... the same attack does 10000-14000 on players with tenacity
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Options
    kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    @elrondknight
    200-300 tenacity does not equal 200-300 damage taken off per attack OMG your logic is totally flawed and wrong as well as your advice based on that stop giving gear advice please losing 1200 hitpoints on a gear piece but resisting more then the 1200 extra hit points(due to tenacity) per attack is the idea then the + 1200hps pve gear would give you is inconsequential

a players tenacity total value equates to % damage suppression crit suppression etc control resist boost
    the value is not damage taken off per attack

if you actually looked at your character sheet you would see it breaks it down for you ...

ya you should study real hard...
    Post edited by kalina311 on
  • Options
    kalina311 said:

@elrondknight
    200-300 tenacity does not equal 200-300 damage taken off per attack OMG your logic is totally flawed and wrong as well as your advice based on that stop giving gear advice please

Well, since you said please...

• Options
    edited April 2017

Bro... I hit 250000 damage on players with zero tenacity... the same attack does 10000-14000 on players with tenacity

there is no such thing 0 tenacity the Devs were nice enough to give each player a base 10% lol but yup good point
  • Options

So, battlescarred gear can mitigate 238,000 damage... huh. Interesting.
  • Options

I find it ironic that you have such distain for participation rewards, in a post that suggests it is a good idea to buy gear with glory in the Trade of Blades. The gear available for lvling toons was based on participation rewards... glory. All the sets available under lvl 70 were put in the shop when EVERY player that queued for PvP got some glory for the effort. That was how players were supposed to earn their gear. Sadly, that wasn't the conversation we were having. You said that PvP gear bought on the AH, battlescarred gear, was a viable alternative for new players in PvP. The only mention of the PvP gear in trade of blades was that it was NOT necessary for new players.

As for the 0 tenacity being better... you have to look at what you are giving up for that tenacity. If they just tacked tenacity onto PVE gear... maybe. But that's not the way tenacity gear is built. Green battlescarred gear, for example. 200 - 300 tenacity is given in exchange for 100 point deductions from the other stats AND a 1200 reduction in HP. So one piece of gear reduces 200 - 300 damage. & takes 1200 hitpoints away from me. When the opponent hits for 5k - 10k on an at will, 25k - 75k on an encounter & 100k+ on a daily... yeah, a 200 - 300 damage reduction is worth less than the 1200 HP per gear piece. But, hey... Maybe if I just study reeeaaalll hard, those enemies will get weaker.

When I said that bit about trophies just for showing up, I was making a joke about your silly expectations, you may notice that when I referred to Trade of Blades gear, I specifically used the word Glory in reference to it. Nobody gets a full set of gear from the Blades NPC, it's just a few pieces for your main equip slots. So naturally, one would need to fill in the other slots with Battlescarred pieces or other pieces of equal effectiveness, such as the Slayer belt/ring combo, the Ensorceled gear, etc. I don't know why this is confusing for you, there is a wealth of information at your disposal both here and on the wiki. You just have to read it first.

The second half of your post is silly, but at least you stick to your guns. I like that. If you really do want to get better at PvP you should seriously consider looking up some builds and maybe even reading about the technical side of things, it helps when you understand how certain modifiers function in relation to your chosen class. I hope you don't take this as an insult, but the only person holding you back from victory is you.

PS4 characters:
  • Options
    fatkidhatchets#8425 fatkidhatchets Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    So it seems the forum digressed.

So about that gateway... Bumping PvP stats to 60% base to start should balance out all the damage folks do these days.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    No you will just die slower and make tanker classes even more tanky

You still wont kill anything it will be too much tankyness and not enough damage
  • Options
    You can already get over 60% with no trouble. I am talking about lowering the tenacity from the gear, and increasing the base bonus. This way folks whom have no idea will have a chance. Those whom know will still have an advantage it just wont look as bad.
  • Options
    dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    @demonmonger
    "Bro... I hit 250000 damage on players with zero tenacity... the same attack does 10000-14000 on players with tenacity"
    That is not how tenacity works.
    I occasionally go slumming (PvP for a PvE player) in near BiS PvE gear and do just fine, about 2:1 win:loss and never get one shot or hit for 250000 damage by you or anyone else.

Top PvE gear is better for PvP then green tenacity gear. You are mistaken.

Edit: There is no "zero tenacity". Everyone has base tenacity.
    Also tenacity Improves resistance to many different effects from enemy players. (Some can be counterbalanced by epic/legendary PvE gear and stats):
    Damage Resistance
    Armor Penetration Resistance
    Critical Strike Resistance
    Control Resistance
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.
  • Options
    @dread4moor You are out of your mind if you really think you 'do just fine' in PvE gear in PvP. The only builds that might be able to claim that are 100% deflect builds and thats because not enough folks use Frost to counteract these builds. The general player will not have that high of deflect nor does it apply to every class. Tenacity is a must, without it you stand no chance, 20% resistance is nothing. Folks without tenacity get winked at and die.
  • Options
    Next time I see you dread4more... I will make sure I slap you with lashing blade.

Normally I don't slot it or shocking execution.

My shocking execution hits 111000, and lashing 250000
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Options
    dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    Lol.It wouldn't kill me, but You won't get the chance, @demonmonger .
    NW PvP sucks. Boring and full of chest-thumping nuckledraggers. I don't waste my time in there except to snag some easy loot, laugh at the impotent trolls trash talking and leave.
    But enjoy being king of the cesspool.
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    I am by far not the king of pvp.. I'm 4k quasi bis but there are players I cannot even scratch even if they go afk...

But players that enter without tenacity pvp gear, they are lambs being sent to the slaughter.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mcgwarfacemcgwarface Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    Having 4k PVE gear as an OP and 4k PVP gear (masterwork and rings) is night and day for survivability...even w 200k hps. 2k tenacity to live long enough to say hi, 3k tenacity to compete, 4k tenacity to own you in a PUG.

Some premades are using techniques/glitches/etc. that go beyond what tenacity can defend.

In order to fix this, they need tenacity brackets (and better maps) Then more would play.

In the meantime keep solo dom up. Wth is the reason they keep pulling that option away?
  • Options
    forumnamesuxsforumnamesuxs Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 490 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    The only things that were really good about solo queue, was that I scored some points towards tripple kill achievement, and I got the timer ticking on my drain wards.
    Wolves, big as a horse! I need new pants!

• Options
    mousebreaker85#4641 mousebreaker85 Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    The only thing I wish would be addressed is moving enchants over to pvp gear there should be an easier way
    Having to make another 22 rank 12 enchants to slot in pvp gear is what discourages pvp IMHO