test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How to Trigger Bear your Sins?

jaolez#7794 jaolez Member Posts: 27 Arc User
edited March 2017 in The Temple
Hi, quick question

The description says this procs from my 'damage over time' effects. From what I can see, only Forgemaster's Flame and Break the Spirit have a DoT effect? Any other way apart from these two? I'm unsure if Divine Glow is DoT or not (would be handy if so as I spam that a lot)

Also, if I use a weapon enchant that has a DoT effect, will this proc Bear your Sins?

As always, advice hugely appreciated :)

Post edited by jaolez#7794 on

Comments

• Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Brand of the Sun (DO)
    Fire of the Gods

I believe weapon enchants work as well.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    Doesn't Forgemaster's also put a damage over time effect on targets?

I also recall Plaguefire activates Bear your Sins, regardless of the stack count.

• Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    I was adding to the OP which mentions FF.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    i personally use Fire of the Gods to spread bear your sins. With high crit chance you can get 100% uptime on bear your sins using specific powers to trigger it. I also no people that use weapon enchantments to proc bear your sins so it can be managed unconscously. This also means aoe spells like chains and searing light can be used to paint your enemy with this debuff
  • Options
    Excellent, I did put points in the Fire of the Gods in the plan that the crit might trigger Bear your Sins
    I'm Annointed Champ so unfortunately don't have Brand of the Sun
    I have got a flaming weapon enchant on my main hand, so hopefully, that combined with FotG will proc it enough (maybe add in forgemaster's for good measure, but does it justify a slot? dunno ..)

Three (probably very daft) questions:
    1. What's plaguefire? heard this mentioned a few times (I'm probably missing something very obvious here!)
    2. How do I know when these buffs proc? Is there any way of knowing? I used to be a Virtuous build and every time Shield of the Divine procced, it popped up a message to let me know .. now that I'm Righteous, I never see a message saying Condeming Gaze or Bear your Sins has procced. Hopefully they are still triggering or am I doing something massively wrong?
    3. In some cleric discussions, I see mention of 'lantern' .. what is this? Is it a DO thing?
  • Options
    rapo973rapo973 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 831 Arc User
    edited March 2017

Excellent, I did put points in the Fire of the Gods in the plan that the crit might trigger Bear your Sins
    I'm Annointed Champ so unfortunately don't have Brand of the Sun
    I have got a flaming weapon enchant on my main hand, so hopefully, that combined with FotG will proc it enough (maybe add in forgemaster's for good measure, but does it justify a slot? dunno ..)

I don't have a high crit chance but bear your sin procs well with fire of the gods and brake the spirit.

Three (probably very daft) questions:
    1. What's plaguefire? heard this mentioned a few times (I'm probably missing something very obvious here!)

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1227227/official-feedback-thread-weapon-enhancement-changes/p1

There are many discussions about it, you can search the forum.

3. How do I know when these buffs proc? Is there any way of knowing? I used to be a Virtuous build and every time Shield of the Divine procced, it popped up a message to let me know .. now that I'm Righteous, I never see a message saying Condeming Gaze or Bear your Sins has procced. Hopefully they are still triggering or am I doing something massively wrong?

"Condamned" in red pops over the enemy when it procs.
    Bear you sin has a specific icon on the enemy bar or close to the name.

5. In some cleric discussions, I see mention of 'lantern' .. what is this? Is it a DO thing?

It's an artifact.
    http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Lantern_of_Revelation
    There are many discussions about it, you can search the forum.

Oltreverso guild leader
    Maga Othelma - DC | Svalvolo - SW | Dente Avvelenato- GWF
  • Options
    ah - maybe I'm just missing the 'Condemned' pop up (hoping it's that and not that I'm completely failing to proc it)
    Will look out for the ByS icon
    >>bear your sin procs well with fire of the gods and brake the spirit.
    this was my thinking, so thanks for that! I'll keep rolling with that approach and look out for the icon
    Cheers for advice!
    J
  • Options
    plaviaplavia Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    the updated weapon enchants deal seprate hit (plague fire, terrror, frost, flaming, lightining...)
    it can crit sepratly and proc templar doamain and fire of the gods (i think!)

i am not sure if lightining will do it on each hit. if yes it might explain the high price as it do many chain hits
  • Options
    putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    There are certain powers that seem to proc lightning and not others. I'm not a master of all classes but during testing it was determined that lightning would be BiS on aoe classes like cw.
  • Options
    mrtehpuppymrtehpuppy Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    Can someone please confirm whether or not DoTs from weapon enchants such as Plaguefire, Flaming, and Bilethorn proc BYS please? I see a lot of "i think"s and seeing as how I'm fixin' to lose 30% crit chance when mod 11 hits console (underdark ring nerf) it's a fairly pertinitent peice of information. Thabk you very very much in advance.
    Member of Look Good Play Good
    Pup - Level 70 4.2k Buff/Debuff AC DC
    XBL GT: TehPuppy
  • Options
    michela123michela123 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    Yes, Plague Fire procs ByS. There is one exception: Chains+PF does not trigger ByS. That is weird, since other stuff like Chains+FotG procs ByS. That buggy skill drives me crazy.
  • Options
    mrtehpuppymrtehpuppy Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    Chains doesn't trigger it but everything else does? What the what?! Alright well fair enough. I hope I'm not wrong in assuming the other DoT weapon enchant will be the Same? I'm currently rocking a T. Dread and just trying to figure out if I can get away with not taking FotG.
    Member of Look Good Play Good
    Pup - Level 70 4.2k Buff/Debuff AC DC
    XBL GT: TehPuppy
  • Options
    michela123michela123 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    Yes Dread too, I think all enchantments with dots.
  • Options
    plaviaplavia Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    i try frost using geas as it don't do damage but proc weapon enchants.

weapon enchant frost can crit by its own but it does not trigger fire of the gods
    it will triger magistrates patience and by so proc bear of sins for a short duration (about 3sec)

i am not sure about other enchants but it should be easy to check with geas