test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Adorable bites rings and talisman for sale in tradehouse?

What sorcery is this? I thought we did not have these items on ps4, so I guess the question is where do/did these come from?

Comments

• Options
    oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    Those come from lockboxes. Maybe you are thinking of the loyal gear.
  • Options
    tekkengod420#9414 tekkengod420 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Which lockbox did these come from exactly? Loyal companion gear is this the stronghold gear?
  • Options
    dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    edited March 2017

Which lockbox did these come from exactly? Loyal companion gear is this the stronghold gear?

New life lockbox legendary companion pack (comes with an assortment of companion gear). So only the orange box gives the gear AFAIK which makes it unusually expensive.

Then again there are very few alternatives on consoles, now that they blew away UD rings. You can craft 2-slot personalized jewelry / offhands. You can also use some of the SKT rings if you get them from FBI or eventually SVA.

When Mod 11 comes, you'll be able to grind forever and hope and pray to RNGesus that you'll get a decent companion drop from the Illusionist's Gambit skrim, but the drop rate is so abysmal you're more likely to get the perfect orange UD ring before you ever see even one useful drop from IG. Worse, if you manage to get a +5 variant you'll be infuriated to find that one of the 2 slots is a companion overload (huge slap in the face). Sorry just a bit salty that they introduced IG comp gear as a replacement for the old SCA (loyal gear) and made it absurdly rare and mostly salvage fodder.

And yeah the Sword Coast Adventure gear came from the Gateway (RIP) game, It was prefixed Loyal Commander, Loyal Avenger, Loyal Defender, but the waist slot broke with the naming scheme (girdle of the striker for instance).
  • Options
    tekkengod420#9414 tekkengod420 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Thank you for the info
  • Options
    dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User

Thank you for the info

SH Companion Gear is pretty bad because it always includes a companion overload slot. It's another option, but companion overloads are so bad it's pretty much a last resort.
  • Options
    diloul31diloul31 Member Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    Can someone explain about UD rings please ?
    I have a Brutality +4 on my pet, are you telling me that the buff + 4000 for 8s don't work on companions anymore ?

Or is it that my companion still get the buff but i dont benefit from it with my bondings ?
    (i also have a +4 brutality on my toon)
    Is this change already done or will be in the mod 11 in april ?
    Post edited by diloul31 on
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    diloul31 said:

Can someone explain about UD rings please ?

I have a Brutality +4 on my pet, are you telling me that the buff + 4000 for 8s don't work on companions anymore ?

Or is it that my companion still get the buff but i dont benefit from it with my bondings ?

(i also have a +4 brutality on my toon)

Is this change already done or will be in the mod 11 in april ?

That's a bit off-topic, but yeah, starting April 11th, they will not work on your companions anymore.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    3-5 million for these is a bit much IMO. Yes they have 2 offensive slots.

If you get one of the Legendary companions in the Life LB you get 12 pieces of gear for your companion. Well, guess you can sell 9 of those off and make a very nice profit. Heck, the current Life LB is a better way to make AD than praying to land a legendary mount. In fact, you could buy a legendary mount with the profit off selling 9 of the extra pieces of unwanted companion gear you get.

• Options
    fear#0647 fear Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    i LOVE having 2 talisman both with overload slots on them, have you seen the possibilitys of the SH companion only overload enchants, they are niiice!
    PS4 Characters

NoFear
    Fearious
    Britney Fears
    Fearless
    Fearing
    GlitchedFear
    Feared