test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Power or critical for dmg?

oggycz#5356 oggycz Member Posts: 182 Arc User
What stat is best for OP Dev for better damage? Power or critical? I have 3xr12 bonding + Aura Gifts, so I get more power back from companion. Now I am between 50-60 crit chance in combat. I would like to try build with 3 Dragon heart artifacts for more recovery/stamina/movement. So I can replace my Cruels for Brutals or only for Radiants, but dont sure what is better.
Svatá Prdelka
game - Human/real life - ???
OP 18k+ Devotion/Justice - Light

Comments

• Options
    trzebiat#2067 trzebiat Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    HP for Aura of Courage. It's better to stack HP on artifacts (ideally 4 artifacts with HP/Power) and get other stats from companion.

But between Power and Crit I'd bet on Crit on companion (Radiants on character for Aura Gifts), because you can get Power from different sources and buffs. I'd say get crit chance to at least 66-75%
  • Options
    rubytruerubytrue Member Posts: 582 Arc User
    Does crit affect things like Aura of Courage, Burning Guidance and/or Healing Warmth?
  • Options
    No, these never crit. But Divine Judgement does.
  • Options
    Also, more crit means more Magistrate's (Restraint or Consideration) which means more proccing of BG/HW....
  • Options
    I don't think it procs BG/HW, I've been running with it on Prot since I rerolled from Dev and haven't seen BG/HW procs unless from Beacon and Prism. On Dev it procs all the time just with Bond and Vow. I can't test on PS4 how good damage it gives without ACT so I just dropped it for Assassin's Covenant to increase Aura Gifts even by a little.
  • Options
    edited March 2017

I don't think it procs BG/HW, I've been running with it on Prot since I rerolled from Dev and haven't seen BG/HW procs unless from Beacon and Prism. On Dev it procs all the time just with Bond and Vow. I can't test on PS4 how good damage it gives without ACT so I just dropped it for Assassin's Covenant to increase Aura Gifts even by a little.

It doesn't proc BG/HW; I was wondering if it affected the amount of damage they did....you have to "attempt" to heal an ally to proc BG/HW.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    I did some calculations (without bonding proc). If I switch to Hearts of Dragon build and change insignias:

1) with Brutals I will gain 700 power, 4280 crit, lose 5480 recovery

or

2) with Radiants I will gain 3220 power, 500 crit, lose 5480 recovery

I will gain permanent Artificer's Persuasion and I lose Gladiator's Guile

What is better? Option 1 or 2? If I am correct, 3220 power gives me total 5514 power with bondings and Aura Gifts (3220*0,25*2,85+3220).
    Post edited by oggycz#5356 on
    Svatá Prdelka
  • Options
    Definitely Radiants for Power for Aura Gifts and getting more Power from companion. Crit can be acquired from companion.

What's your goal? Spam Heart of Black Dragon for debuff every 15s and keeping high recovery?

Now I'm curious and I think I'd like to eventually experiment with it on alt. I was thinking about Black as active (Recovery/Arpen/AP gain), Blue (Crit/Recovery/CA), Red (Power/Defense/Regen) and OP Sigil for HP/Power/AoE. But is it worth over HP/Power artifacts for AoC and Aura Gifts?
  • Options
    edited March 2017

Definitely Radiants for Power for Aura Gifts and getting more Power from companion. Crit can be acquired from companion.

What's your goal? Spam Heart of Black Dragon for debuff every 15s and keeping high recovery?

Now I'm curious and I think I'd like to eventually experiment with it on alt. I was thinking about Black as active (Recovery/Arpen/AP gain), Blue (Crit/Recovery/CA), Red (Power/Defense/Regen) and OP Sigil for HP/Power/AoE. But is it worth over HP/Power artifacts for AoC and Aura Gifts?

I have 20k recovery in combat and I want to keep it high (+movement, action point/stamina gain) and increase power or crit.
    Svatá Prdelka
  • Options
    vincentr6669vincentr6669 Member Posts: 235 Arc User

It's not possible to debuff every 15 seconds because you need to hit with the Heart to apply the debuff. If you hit then you don't have faster cooldown of the artifact, you only have it faster if you miss.

So you have to choose beetween applying the debuff of Black Dragon Heart or activating Artificer's Persuasion every 15 seconds.
  • Options

It's not possible to debuff every 15 seconds because you need to hit with the Heart to apply the debuff. If you hit then you don't have faster cooldown of the artifact, you only have it faster if you miss.

So you have to choose beetween applying the debuff of Black Dragon Heart or activating Artificer's Persuasion every 15 seconds.
    Heart of the Black Dragon has a debuff? I thought the Hearts were to apply one or both of the Artificer's bonuses.... What debuff does the Heart of the Black Dragon have?
  • Options
    rubytrue said:

Heart of the Black Dragon has a debuff? I thought the Hearts were to apply one or both of the Artificer's bonuses.... What debuff does the Heart of the Black Dragon have?
    It has a hidden uncapped debuff that people discovered after testing it on ACT.

@michela123 has a thread about debuffs: forum.arcgames.com/neverwinter/discussion/1226436/pve-damage-resistance-debuffs-effectiveness/p1

Here's a list of debuffs: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1N8Y_AmqnnhOdaCT2Sg9e-OcC0m6q5nUJLfujZVsI1Z0/edit#gid=0
  • Options

rubytrue said:

It has a hidden uncapped debuff that people discovered after testing it on ACT.

@michela123 has a thread about debuffs: forum.arcgames.com/neverwinter/discussion/1226436/pve-damage-resistance-debuffs-effectiveness/p1

Here's a list of debuffs: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1N8Y_AmqnnhOdaCT2Sg9e-OcC0m6q5nUJLfujZVsI1Z0/edit#gid=0
    Nice. That makes using it a whole different calculus now....Thanks for the info!
  • Options

I will use 3 Heart of Dragon, so I it does not matter If I hit or miss.
    Svatá Prdelka
  • Options
    edited March 2017

Well, it is still 45 seconds cooldown, not 15, but of course better than 1 minute of standart Mythic Artifact.

EDIT: this means you will keep Artificer's Persuasion 1/3 of the time, not all the time.
  • Options

Well, it is still 45 seconds cooldown, not 15, but of course better than 1 minute of standart Mythic Artifact.

EDIT: this means you will keep Artificer's Persuasion 1/3 of the time, not all the time.
    Wiki says:

3 of Set:
    Equip: Reduces recharge time by 25% for any Dragon Heart artifact.

So for 3 it is 75%. Or it is not working this way anymore? Did Cryptic change it?
    Svatá Prdelka
  • Options

Wiki says:

3 of Set:

So for 3 it is 75%. Or it is not working this way anymore? Did Cryptic change it?
    In collections it says exactly the same. Now I'm wondering if "any" refers to 25% CD reduction per Dragon Heart (so 75% or less if it's multiplicative) or if it means it applies for Dragon Heart artifact used as primary. Cryptic Tooltips™.
  • Options

Wiki says:

3 of Set:

In collections it says exactly the same. Now I'm wondering if "any" refers to 25% CD reduction per Dragon Heart (so 75% or less if it's multiplicative) or if it means it applies for Dragon Heart artifact used as primary. Cryptic Tooltips™.
    I know there were DC builds with 3 Hearts and it worked. But I try it now and seems it is not working now
    Svatá Prdelka
  • Options
    oria1oria1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 263 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    I have 3 dragons and its 25% total and not per artifact. Debuff on the black dragon is not hidden, most of the acid damages (except overloads) are a debuff. Check Chromatic storm (Acid: Afflicts the target with -23% Physical Damage resistance for 10 seconds) etc.

Voodoo
    MoF Debuffer

• Options
    I always thought this "any" was refering to the Dragon Heart Artifact you use as primary, i never thought this "any" could mean "per Dragon Heart Artifact you have equipped".
  • Options
    oria1 said:

Debuff on the black dragon is not hidden, most of the acid damages (except overloads) are a debuff. Check Chromatic storm (Acid: Afflicts the target with -23% Physical Damage resistance for 10 seconds) etc.

Voodoo
    MoF Debuffer

Well, it is hidden since it's not stated on the tooltip.