test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Control Resist Should Be Renamed

lance1967lance1967 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
edited March 2017 in Player Feedback (PC)
I had 80% Control Resist and couldn't figure out why I was still being thrown around all the time. Well, this is why...control resist doesn't prevent you from being controlled (as you would think by the word "RESIST"), but it actually reduces the duration and distance you are controlled - per NWO Wiki. Dictionary definition of Resist: "Prevents or inhibits some effect from taking place." The stat name should be changed to "Control Reduction" or something that is not misleading.

Comments

• ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    You have 100 of Resist Everything But Prone Stat
  • lance1967lance1967 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    ghoulz66 said:

I guess I don't quite understand your comment. Are you saying you can get up to 100% Resist on everything but Prone? So that would effectively reduce the control distance/duraction to 0?

I know there was a recent patch note that said they fixed the OP Sanctuary power so I wouldn't be knocked around anymore - or something was fixed about it. But I can tell you for a fact that while I have the Sanctuary zone active (which is supposed to... "You are IMMUNE to CONTROL effects while maintaining this zone") I'm still getting knocked/pushed around when mobs explode upon death. So I have little faith in Control Resist even working right.
  • frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    lance1967 said:

ghoulz66 said:

I guess I don't quite understand your comment. Are you saying you can get up to 100% Resist on everything but Prone? So that would effectively reduce the control distance/duraction to 0?

I know there was a recent patch note that said they fixed the OP Sanctuary power so I wouldn't be knocked around anymore - or something was fixed about it. But I can tell you for a fact that while I have the Sanctuary zone active (which is supposed to... "You are IMMUNE to CONTROL effects while maintaining this zone") I'm still getting knocked/pushed around when mobs explode upon death. So I have little faith in Control Resist even working right.
    Control Resist doesn't affect knocks and prones afaik.

You referring to Control Immunity?
    FrozenFire
  • lance1967lance1967 Member Posts: 27 Arc User

lance1967 said:

ghoulz66 said:

According to Neverwinter Wiki neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Control_Resist Control Resist does affect knocks and prones.

According to the tooltip for the Oathbound Paladin's Sanctuary power, "You are immune to control effects while maintaining this zone." which should translate into I'm not affected by ANY control effects as I'm supposedly IMMUNE to them while Sanctuary is active. And it's not working that way.

If it's another situation where the tooltip is incorrect, then my God, the NWO writer's need to be replaced! Tooltips are being blamed all the time for being incorrect or they are too vague. Many times I don't think it's actually an incorrect tooltip description, but more likely an incorrectly coded ability and it's just easier to blame the description than fix the game code...
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,353 Arc User
    lance1967 said:

lance1967 said:

ghoulz66 said:

According to Neverwinter Wiki neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Control_Resist Control Resist does affect knocks and prones.

According to the tooltip for the Oathbound Paladin's Sanctuary power, "You are immune to control effects while maintaining this zone." which should translate into I'm not affected by ANY control effects as I'm supposedly IMMUNE to them while Sanctuary is active. And it's not working that way.

If it's another situation where the tooltip is incorrect, then my God, the NWO writer's need to be replaced! Tooltips are being blamed all the time for being incorrect or they are too vague. Many times I don't think it's actually an incorrect tooltip description, but more likely an incorrectly coded ability and it's just easier to blame the description than fix the game code...
    Assuming the wiki is correct, this is what it says:
    Control Resist is a Rating that involves Crowd Control power vs character, decreasing:

Combat Advantage, Daze, Immobilize, Prone, Slow & Stun duration
    Knock, Pull & Push distance

Control resist does not change the chance you get prone. It only changes the duration and distance. Yes, you knew that.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***