test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

real reason why players want RNG for dungeons to be dead, why?...

wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
as soon the next mod released.
what is the point to have rng for dungeons, it seem to forced players to run again and again and never get specific items they want to earn, either for achievements, for alts, or most wanted item.

problem is, RNG push players to the point of getting burnouts or giving up and move on to other games for Better Entertainment and they are sick of it, as soon that elusive item finally drop so close or already on next mod, realized that item they just got, just became obsolute when the next item became a new chase prize.

even some most wanted items for several months, once they have it and suddenly devs decide to nerf in heartbeat, why wait so many months when it would nip it in early stages.
that made players think devs were doing Bait and Switch tactic, some already rage-quit and they invested so much.

only reason for RNG, it is for those lockboxes.
what players want, retire that RNG from quests, dungeon runs, and craftings, and including invoking for Ardent and Celestial packs. we all know invokings are suppose to be as bind to character and clean up excessive clutter of binds that doesnt need to be bind, or just simply move to celestial merchant as some players considered them as junks, if they need to restock those, they can buy whenever they need instead of carry around junks that they cant use yet.

Comments

• Options
    lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    imo the drops are HAMSTER

almost no motivation to run anything anymore

. . . . . . . sick of grind
  • Options
    ontheleftcoast#2086 ontheleftcoast Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    The real problem with RNG is that it is a blocker to character progress that can't be avoided. Case in point are the +4/+5 Underdark rings. I've run Throne, Demogorgon, and Prophecy so many times I can probably do them with my eyes closed just playing by the sound of battle. I pulled over a thousand rings and dozens and dozens of them were +4's. No +5's at all, not a single one. Sadly all those rings save one are/were TOTAL CARP. One decent ring in half a year of game play. At one point I had a dozen +4 Ring of Charging Bull in my bank hoping for a double AD refining event. I was told that was unlikely to happen again so I finally salvaged them to clear up space for refining stones. But without the two slot rings you lose 40 or more IL per hand. I eventually equipped one of my trash +4 rings on a toon just to get him over 3100 to run FBI with my guild mates who graciously carried me thru it. But at this rate I expect my second decent +4 ring around October 2017. Just in time for my VIP to run out and likely quit playing the game.
  • Options
    reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    When the loot tables changed I pulled a +5 from edemo on my first run. It took almost 200 more runs of Epic and Normal Demo combined to pull my next +5. I've started tracking my runs although my data won't tell me anything other than how many I've personally run and at what run # good drops happened.

The crappy part about it is I've pulled 4 +5 rings so far and not one of them is usable for my characters. They are all PVP rings :( A vendor to trade 2 for 1 would be nice... Even 3 for 1...
  • Options
    jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    Same here, just pulled a second +5 sudden defence ring out of orcus yesterday. I chucked it in the SH coffer. I have about 10 +5 rings sitting in my toons' various banks, all of them useless for my build, only one, a +5 sudden precision that dropped a week or so ago, is one I actually wear.

Please implement a trading vendor. 2 for 1 or 3 for 1, don't care. +5s are so rare anyway, the frustration of not being able to choose something actually relevant to your build is simply maddening.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    that rings of +pluses for achievement is completely all wrong, trying to force to collect each pluses like damn pokemon collection, what wrong with devs deciding to add that achievement that almost no one was able to complete all the rings.
    it is time for massive overhaul, because it is cruel and mindnumbing, it is not positive game play, it is suppose to be roleplay, not a collection game, becaue RNG really stinks and unrealisic for collecting like that kind of size to gather.
    it really feel like asheron's call with 10 rare tiers, i never got beyond tier 3 for over 3 years since they released, gave up few years ago, and just heard they just closed that game on 1/31/2017, unplugged. see, i was right, i never get to see my chance to loot anything pass tier 4 and up.
    then those rings like that, it is a turn-offs as a nasty rotting carrot hang by stick, infected with worms eating right front of your eyes before you were able to catch and to eat, it is nasty.
  • Options
    samerikersameriker Member Posts: 169 Arc User
    I haven't been "playing", I just log on for 5 minutes a month to inspect the guild. What I have been doing is playing Champions online. The lag is virtually non-existent. My friend and I were playing on there and chatting about how hard it is to believe the same company made both games. The quest rewards are not random at all. You are told exactly what you will receive from the quest before you take it. Many times you are given a choice of several items. Also the lockboxes fetch a fair price in the auction. However I have been buying the keys in the auction too. When is the last time you could buy a lockbox key from the AH in NWO??

Currently we are fighting robot cowboys in the desert. If you get tired and bored (as we did) with the NW gear grind, come visit us in Champions. It is still a Cryptic/PWE game but after playing NW and ST for so long Champions feels like a warm Spring breeze.
    Fame is a vapor, popularity an accident; the only earthly certainty is oblivion. ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    sameriker, i have 2 alts in Champions, but not play often, stop playing when some "solo" got little too hard even i level few more, still as hard, and when i play in alternate reality, it need few more players, when i got there, it is ghosttown and some tasks are impossible without any help in that area.
    i did few pugs for skirmish and few schedule events.
    my alts are only level 15 and 5 in champions.

ok, back to topic, yes, Champions do give you preview on rewards when you finish it and less RNG, STO are same way as reward choices with multiple items and you get to choose one or a few, and you can repeat until you complete a set, and wait for following week for 2nd item and next items after few weeks. then i was happy to finish any set, but Neverwinter just kills the fun and more grinding and never get it for hundreds of runs because of that RNG.