test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

3v3, 1v1 (Duels), Gear Scaling & New Maps - Make PVP greater again

darpa317#4876 darpa317 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
edited March 2017 in PvP Discussion
These ideas are not my own. These are ideas of the best PVE/PVP people Ive intentionally engaged. I am not smart enough for stuff this good. I was tempted to put it under feedback. However, I bet once a month a new player like me, trumpets these ideas as if they thought of them first.

There is no 3v3, dah - broken. 6 men or women enter 1 arena. 5 bodies hit the floor, the team that lives wins. As best as possible base Queues off iLVL or wins/3v3 Score.

There are only 2 PVP maps - dah? If the PVP leads are not creative enough to design new maps. Hold a contest allow the players to design them and they choose.

1v1 duels any lvl. Even people with small PVPness or tiny crits whose voice crackles when they speak of wallet warriors beating them down, even they like to seeing who the tough guy is. Offer titles or achievements if you like. Force no one to flag - ever. I am speaking of 1v1 not WPVP (World - IWD). Give some honor for it too.

Make a single map where all gear is scaled. Then it is pure skill vs skill. I do not like the DC Online thing, let us use our own toons, just scale the gear. Then the people who have been emotionally wrecked by dedicated or pay to play players can have a go at it. If not that set some type of brackets. This way I can do what i want, learn to PVP. Great players can do what they want, not have me hold them back. The option to hop maps if they just want to curb stomp or if I want to see if I've improved exists on all other maps.

TY Neverwinter in advance for at least implementing the 3v3 idea. When you build it, we will kill.
(and buy more Zen. Which in the end is what matters)
Tagged:

Comments

• stollebub#2468 stollebub Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    I really like these ideas :) Hopefully there is a large base of players who support these suggestions. Added value for all :P
  • zephon91zephon91 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    I just can quote to my Post. Its some days old, but the same with his 3rd Suggestion:
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1228950/suggestion-new-extended-equalized-pvp-pvp-for-everyone
  • duskwoodduskwood Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    New maps are always good, it's pretty nuts the slim pickings for a game that's been out for 4 years.

The gear scaling is the biggie. Just about every MMO out there now has some sort of gear scaling. I think SWTOR does it really well. When you join a max level warzone you are instantly put at a certain expertise. The pvp gear will raise you just slightly beyond that. So getting the pvp gear is still an advantage, however it's not an "I will stomp a mudhole in your butt in 2 seconds" advantage. No one enjoys dying so quickly they have no time to respond or counterplay. TTK should never be under 15-20 seconds, and even THAT is too fast IMO.

The hardest part in all this, as Age of Conan could attest, is trying to get people to try it agian. Once people are burned on something they tend to not try it anymore these days. AoC and AoC pvp was absolute garbage when it release, and for about a year. It was one of the most buggy and imbalanced games on the market. Cut to 1 year later? Third best MMO after EQ and DAoC that I ever played. However no one would come back and try it again. Hope NW can do something to encourage people to give it another whirl.
  • instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    My partner and I (neither are PvPers) attempted to use open-world maps in IWD to duel. While mostly successful, we did have to deal with others interfering, as well as random NPCs.

That's not a great solution. But it's the best we have for now.
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User

Guess you didn't see the dev stream yesterday.

That is cool, still a prototype though. Hopefully it gets expanded like most MMOS.... You want to duel, click the duel button, type /duel or just flag. You do not want to, because you are weak. Well no one will force you to turn it on no need to cry, leave it off. The only problem, say if I am not in a guild or in "that guild". The person I want to duel is in another guild. While it is a start, I am not sure it is exciting. However, it is new.... it was clearly stated it is still in concept and not a lot was said. It is much better than not considering it.

I guess though it could be a cool map for dueling - inside a stronghold. Like Warcraft Brawlers Guild. (youtube it if you need)
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1229042/why-the-developer-stream-state-of-the-game-3-7-was-soo-far-off-the-mark/p1?new=1
  • plaviaplavia Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    wonder if they let foundry design the new 1:1 or 3:3 maps.
    it should be nice to see points in strange places. (mountains, rooms, kayaks...)