test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Guild Bank - Restrictions not Working Properly

mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
I am in a guild where I am not allowed to withdraw from the guild bank but can place items into the bank.

I went to the bank to see what I could put into the bank and noticed a DC Holy Symbol style change item. I wanted to inspect it by accidentally withdrew the item. I than went to place the item back into the guild bank but the game informed me I could not due to being restricted.

The issue here is that guild banks that restrict player from just placing items into the bank are actually allowing guild members to withdraw items from the bank.

Not sure if this is a known bug or not, but wanted to let you all know that it exist.

I seen something similar in other games that have guild banks.

Comments

• Options
    micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    Withdraw and deposit are set independently. The guild leader can disallow deposit but allow withdraw for specific ranks. It's useful when people with not much AD but a lot of good intentions fill the bank with garbage.

Make sure it's not a simple permissions setting.
  • Options
    ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    Ours are set the same - unfortunately some characters are glitched. All of my characters are in the same guild, one is a rank 7 the others are all rank 6's. 3 of my characters cannot use the guild bank properly. two can't put anything in, and one can't do anything at all.

We did manage to fix it on some of our members by moving their guild rank up and down 3 or four times - but it doesn't always work.

It would be nice if it worked because we've had several members who thought we had locked them out of the bank on purpose and we didn't even know they couldn't access it properly until they brought it up.
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• Options

I am in a guild where I am not allowed to withdraw from the guild bank but can place items into the bank.

I went to the bank to see what I could put into the bank and noticed a DC Holy Symbol style change item. I wanted to inspect it by accidentally withdrew the item. I than went to place the item back into the guild bank but the game informed me I could not due to being restricted.

The issue here is that guild banks that restrict player from just placing items into the bank are actually allowing guild members to withdraw items from the bank.

Not sure if this is a known bug or not, but wanted to let you all know that it exist.

Which character was it on? Or is it all of them - I will play with your settings tonight when I get home to see if I can get you unglitched
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• Options
    mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    ravenskya said:

Which character was it on? Or is it all of them - I will play with your settings tonight when I get home to see if I can get you unglitched
    It was my DC. I ended up with the Water Symbol style change item. If you can fix my setting I will gladly put that back in the guild bank as I have no need for that style. I'm making my character look Drow Evil like and that simply does not fit my look. :)
  • Options
    I'll mess with it once I'm home - on my characters that are stuck (including Waffles) I just hand stuff to JT and make him put it in the bank for me, lol.

See if your other characters can put stuff in - if they can and you can't get it out let me know and I'll pull it back out and mail it to you.

• Options
    lordmaniklordmanik Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    It happened to me too a couple months ago. A rank 6 tried to deposit something in the bank but he couldn't do it. I tested it with my rank 6 character and couldn't do it either. I thought it was fixed after the update but I haven't tested it.