test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Big of siege of neverwinter

Me and people in my alliance notice that only Tanks are getting stronghold vouchers to drop in the event of Siege of Neverwinter. To prove this, 4 of us were dps and after 2 hours none of us got a drop, and tank was on and had over 20. 2 out of the 4 dps switch to their tanks and then starting getting them to drop, yet the 2 dps still haven't gotten one drop. Is there a reason to this?

Comments

• Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    Have all your DPS players did the quest in the Stronghold? There's a quest you must do before the vouchers start dropping (or so I've been told). I play DPS and have vouchers dropping.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    eaglerock#5178 eaglerock Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    I just popped in on my sw and got 2 drops straight away.
  • Options
    rathavart#9761 rathavart Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    Don't need to do quest first, I just came from there before going to stronghold and they dropped. I find they drop best for my GF, and about the same for my Pally tank and CW. GF just kills groups way faster because no cooldown on weaponmasters strike that hits all in front and have a bonus back attack on it for shielded.
  • Options
    zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User

Me and people in my alliance notice that only Tanks are getting stronghold vouchers to drop in the event of Siege of Neverwinter. To prove this, 4 of us were dps and after 2 hours none of us got a drop, and tank was on and had over 20. 2 out of the 4 dps switch to their tanks and then starting getting them to drop, yet the 2 dps still haven't gotten one drop. Is there a reason to this?

My guess is that you are running in a group and the leader has the drops set to free for all, instead of round robin. In free for all whoever is closest to the mobs will get most of the drops. Round robin makes sure the drops are spread out among the group.
  • Options
    markeen#2032 markeen Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    I have 6 toons. GF, CW, SW, HR, GWF, TR and the vouchers are only dropping for my CW. Also, sometimes in the dragon heroics the dragon is invisible.
    Founder of Knights of Ra guild in Neverwinter PS4. Founder of The Arashikage Clan in Defiance, formally of PlayStation Home.
  • Options
    markeen#2032 markeen Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    @kreatyve what quest are you referring to in the stronghold?
    Founder of Knights of Ra guild in Neverwinter PS4. Founder of The Arashikage Clan in Defiance, formally of PlayStation Home.
  • Options
    zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User

You only get it once, if the character you are using participated in Siege and was in a guild last time, you probably did it then.

I don't remember the name, it was just a go to the battlefield, talk to the general and go back to the master of coin. After that the master will give the daily quest to send 5 guards to the battlefield and earn 5 defense supplies. If you are getting that quest, you already did the unlock.
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    zephyriah said:

You only get it once, if the character you are using participated in Siege and was in a guild last time, you probably did it then.

I don't remember the name, it was just a go to the battlefield, talk to the general and go back to the master of coin. After that the master will give the daily quest to send 5 guards to the battlefield and earn 5 defense supplies. If you are getting that quest, you already did the unlock.
    I don't recall the name of the quest either.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    lordmaniklordmanik Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    It's called "a pledge of support"
  • Options
    ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    I ran the quest on three of my characters and played around in the battlefield while waiting for queues to pop.

My TR got 1 voucher and spent the most time there - maybe 1hr
    My Healadin never got a voucher and was in there for 30 min
    My GF got about 3 vouchers in about 30-45 minutes

Last time this event came around I was stuffed with vouchers - this time has been very disappointing. The guild members I have been talking to have all noticed the same thing.
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• Options
    bumarog#0624 bumarog Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    I agree, this siege seems to be a waste of time for people looking for vouchers. A very big dissapointment from the last siege
    Strife the Savage 70 tr
    Strife the Sentinel 70 op
    Strife the Savior 70 dc
    Strife the Slayer 70 gwf
    Strife the Shield 70 gf
    Strife the Shank 70 hr
    Master
    Lords of Contempt
    Neverwinter ps4
  • Options
    trinity706#8838 trinity706 Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    Got over 450 vouchers within a few hours this siege event which is much more than the result of the last siege event at more than 30x the amount of time spent (over a week then).
    ALL Rights Reserved for any and all suggestions, ideas, etc. from this user.

“There are changes that can be made that don’t require coding...” - TriNitY
    "No amount of coding will change human behavior" - TriNitY

Ongoing Issue: Legitmate Players Banned for Botting (Console) and the Future for "Dedicated" Players

Suggestions: (Implemented) \/\/ Rearrange Character on character Select Screen