test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Manage Artifact Powers for TR Incorrect

ken#1907 ken Member Posts: 6 Arc User
I just used a cube of augmentation to add a new power to my main hand weapon, Dagger of Elemental Fire, on my Lvel 70 TR Master Infiltrator. The powers listed as available are as follows: Sly Flourish; Duelist's Flurry; Cloud of Steel; Gloaming Cut; and Dishearting Strike. However for this particular build Disheartening Strike is not an available At-Will power available to use. So why would anyone spend AD to purchase 4 CoA to enhance a power that isn't even in the power tree to their class build? Why would Deb's put this artifact power mod into the class feature if it doesn't exist for the build? Just wasted 36K AD for something that provides my character Zero benefit. Fantastic...

Comments

• zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    This is not a bug. The artifact weapons need to be usable for both paragon paths otherwise there would need to be two weapons, one for each path. Then players would complain they got the wrong weapon for their chosen path or if skills change, due to rebalancing, and you change paths you would need to get a new weapon and upgrade again.

I'm not fond of it either, I didn't get the one I wanted until the final choice, but I don't see an easy way to block of the two choices for the other paragon path.
  • ken#1907 ken Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Right I get it and I understand the RNG of the CoA and that's Ok. What really burns me is that the game forces you to gamble with your hard earned AD in a no win situation. 1 out of the 5 rolls is going to cost you and you gain absolutely nothing in return for your investment which most likely will be upwards of 40K AD after all is said and done. This is unacceptable imho. A simple patch based on the paragon path to prevent the roll selecting the non related power shouldn't be a difficult fix. Anyway just venting my frustration. Thanks for the feedback and reply. Good gaming to ya!