test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Devoted Cleric Bug List

bvirabvira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 385 Arc User
1. Prophecy of Doom: Does not grant AP (regardless of whether the enemy is killed or not).
2. Prophecy of Doom: Does not instantly recharge after enemy is killed.
3. Prophecy of Doom: Empowered version does not increase its duration.
4. Annointed Action: Does not proc for Divine Armor, Annointed Army and Guardian of Faith.
5. Divine Glow: Does not proc weapon enchantments.
6. Divine Glow: Does not have any effects on self if placed too far.
7. Repurpose Soul: Does not proc for certain skills (e.g. Daunting Light, Chains of Blazing Light).
8. Repurpose Soul: 3/3 only heals for ~9% instead of 15% of the spell's damage.
9. Hastening Light: Artifact offhand weapon bonus does not give 10% AP to allies.
10. Warding Flare: Does not shield any damage.
11. Bear Your Sins: Provides 10% arm pen instead of 10% damage; if arm pen cap is reached, it only increases the damage of the DoT that triggers it.
12. Furious Intervention: Does not increase AP gain of Chain of Blazing Light.
13. Holy Fervor: Does not increase AP gain of Chain of Blazing Light.
14. Geas: Does not grant any AP.
15. Ancient Warding: Does not heal and grant AP after Annointed Army has ended.
16. Light of Divinity: Put players in combat stance repeatedly.
17. Annointed Army: Gives 100% dmg mitigation instead of 90%.
18. Annointed Army: Gives CC immunity no matter how many times you've been hit.
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    devlin#3775 devlin Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    12, 13, & 15. Ugh. I never knew that. Blech.
  • Options
    dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User

Those are new-ish (probably sometime around SKT was introduced). Same time as the AA bugs showed up (17 & 18).

Most of the other items on this list have persisted for at least the last 2 years.

There were whispers of a DC rework, perhaps we'll see some of this stuff addressed in 2017. Here's hoping.
  • Options
    devlin#3775 devlin Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    dupeks said:

Those are new-ish (probably sometime around SKT was introduced). Same time as the AA bugs showed up (17 & 18).

Most of the other items on this list have persisted for at least the last 2 years.

There were whispers of a DC rework, perhaps we'll see some of this stuff addressed in 2017. Here's hoping.
    Yah, I heard that DC's are next on the chopping block balance list. I'm a little worried about it as I think they may lead us the path of the healadin (no offence healadins), but hoping they do a pretty massive look at DC's; not only just fixing the bugs, of which there are lots, but also changing/updating a lot of our powers/feats.

I know a ton of people think we are overpowered, but that is essentially one skill that we've built our character around. If AA goes the way of the dodo bird, I hope they take a long look at the other powers (most of which are underwhelming), heroic feats (definitely worst feat choices of all classes), and paragon feat choices (2 of 3 of which that have some insanely bad feat choices).
  • Options
    AA is broken in a lot of ways, both good and bad. The good just happens to be stupid good right now. It could still be a good (and balanced) choice if they fixed a lot of what's wrong with it.

And DCs in general are broken in so many ways that I would appreciate a fresh look. Sure, they could completely blow it up and ruin it, but more likely we'll get some good, some bad, and a new challenge to figure out. I'm looking forward to it.

Finally, it's worth noting that healdins are not dead and gone. They can outperform a DC healer, and offer other significant group utility. DCs are FotM because of AA but devOPs are still very much viable.
  • Options
    blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 424 Arc User
    Probably not going to happen, but I would hope that they look again at empowered Divine Glow stacking. The "fix" to change the tooltip to match the bug (only proccing once/does not stack with itself) was a big blow. If they do a rework, it would be great to see the intended stacking return.
  • Options
    ltgamesttv#0999 ltgamesttv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,438 Arc User
    Have they fixed any of these issues yet?
    On ambush rings: "How would you like PVE if all the mobs were invisible?"

imgur pics don't work

• Options

Have they fixed any of these issues yet?

They fixed Bear Your sins (yay) but I don't think anything else.
  • Options
    saiuriefayesaiuriefaye Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    anyone ever get sick of people bitching this is broke that is broke blah blah blah seriously...
  • Options

anyone ever get sick of people bitching this is broke that is broke blah blah blah seriously...

Nah, that's what we call community engagement around here... crying about what's broken and recklessly speculating about the infrequent and vague official responses.

That said, all signs point to DC being on the table to some round of balance / fixing. And I'm hopeful that many of these will eventually be addressed... if not any time soon.

• Options
    dreadnaught#5263 dreadnaught Member Posts: 19 Cryptic Developer
    edited February 2017
    Just want to drop in here and say I've gone through this list and addressed/fixed the majority of them. I could not reproduce # 6. The only ones I am currently unable to address are Chains of Blazing Light not receiving AP gain from Holy Fervor or Furious Intervention, due to some technical issues involving the way this power is built.

I'll be posting the details on exactly what has been fixed and/or changed in the official changes thread by the end of the week.
  • Options
    arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    @dreadnaught8525 have u noticed that Control Wizard Master of Flame dont get the third Elemental Reinforcement from Fanning the Flame as fire element damage encounter, while Spellstorm Mage do get with Sudden Storm encounter?
  • Options
    sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User

Just want to drop in here and say I've gone through this list and addressed/fixed the majority of them. I could not reproduce # 6. The only ones I am currently unable to address are Chains of Blazing Light not receiving AP gain from Holy Fervor or Furious Intervention, due to some technical issues involving the way this power is built.

I'll be posting the details on exactly what has been fixed and/or changed in the official changes thread by the end of the week.

I'm loving that you've actually read and done your best to address as many of these as possible. Thank you.

However... Many people have posted this exact list multiple times over the past 1-2 years asking, begging, pleading for the devs to look at it and comment. It seems that it took all of a day for a dev to check and make the adjustments, yet we get told that the devs are reading the forums, that the CM is passing on info. I fear that you fixing these as if it was nothing is going to cause a riot.
  • Options
    darthtzarrdarthtzarr Member Posts: 1,003 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    @dreadnaught#5263

The list is not comprehensive. These are some more bugs that exist with the cleric. This is also not comprehensive.
    1. Piercing Light gives 10% at all ranks
    2. Flame Strike does not proc Wheel of Elements (or weapon enchants)
    3. Condemning Gaze (feat) gives stacks in an aoe around hit targets (might be intended, don't know)
    4. I haven't checked this one in awhile, but Divinity Mode Chains used to be able to overstack the DR debuff from the Dread Enchantment. We achieved 11 stacks of the same ranking Dread during our testing.
    5. Chains does not proc Owlbear
    6. Daunting Light does not proc Owlbear
    7. Fire of the gods (and other feats) do not proc Wheel of the Elements
    8. Punishing Light only procs weapon enchants on the first 2 hits
    9. Chains of Blazing Light starts failing to get activated on some terrain after awhile. This can be seen in Illusionist's Gambit on stationary bosses in the center of the map. To repeat this bug, grab a companion, start hitting any training dummy with chains, and keep manually spamming normal/divine/empowered chains for about 5 minutes. The chains will start staying on the floor and not giving empowered stacks or dealing damage.
    10. Terrifying Insight has no stack limit when used with Chains of Blazing Light against multiple targets.
    @dreadnaught#5263

I do really want to thank you for what you have done so far. Really appreciate it.

(edit)
    @bvira
    Mind verifying and adding these to the main list?
    Post edited by darthtzarr on

Signature [WIP] - tyvm John

• Options
    uzarreuzarre Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    I know we are getting a damage boost which is great, but I have not seen anything on actual heal abilities. I find the healing a bit underwhelming for new content which is where everyone is using the AA for. I play the virtuous line and would like to see some increase in healing ability.
  • Options
    darthtzarrdarthtzarr Member Posts: 1,003 Arc User
    uzarre said:

I know we are getting a damage boost which is great, but I have not seen anything on actual heal abilities. I find the healing a bit underwhelming for new content which is where everyone is using the AA for. I play the virtuous line and would like to see some increase in healing ability.

Healing is fine in my opinion, we just can't heal people who get one shot. I can cast a single divine bastion of health on someone at 1 HP, and it will bring them to at least 75% HP. That's a ton of healing, but I can't heal a dead man :'(

Signature [WIP] - tyvm John

• Options
    arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    can someone tell me if Chains of blazing light in divinity mode do give ap? if so i noticed its not giving ap(i have holy fervor class feature and Furious Intervention Righteous feat)