test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Glaring issues with this game

Tooltips should be uniform and detailed but isn't. For example, Dying Breath in the TR's executioner feat doesn't tell you HOW LONG in seconds the effect lasts. While Oppressive Darkness in the TR's powers doesn't tell you HOW MUCH in % or flat number the piercing damage bonus is. There are plenty of other examples of these spread among all classes. Also, why do some effects lack a tooltip completely in the buff/debuff bar of our characters? For example, Orcus' mask stacks don't show. This is evident with all the new items in 10.5.

Some of the tooltips aren't even correct in their information. I read that many of the GF's feats within the martial and protector tree is incorrect. For example, Iron Vanguard not stacking and Daunting Challenge actually reducing damage for yourself as well as teammates.

These seem very minor but in overall quality-of-life and how long this game has been out, you'd think a quick adjustment to these details can be made for new players like myself.

Not to mention the lack of viability in some paragon paths and feats.. they are blatantly imbalanced for a game that's been out for 4 years now with numerous updates (afaik). The rubber-banding issues is really bad as well. There is clearly a bandwidth issue AND/OR network coding infrastructure problems that needs to be addressed as number one priority.
EVERYTHING is a minor problem compared to fluency and latency for any online game. You can cut cost in every department EXCEPT server performance and stability.

Comments

• furiousglancefuriousglance Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    The guy responsible for making tooltips clearly has a vision. And that vision is to safe everyone the hassle of knowing what the hell they are using, one day he will achieve his goal of having 2 descriptions for all abilities in the game:
    1. "does good to friends".
    2. "does bad to enemies".

of course, with an added, slight variation of "..for sometime." when necessary.

Who needs information and numbers in this day and age.
  • thrilla#1991 thrilla Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    You are probably right in that assumption. I totally don't need to know a damn thing about my skills or what they are doing, as long as a few words resemble some vague description, no worries.

ACT being an allowed 3rd party program is blasphemy to the individual responsible for tooltips in this game.
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User

The guy responsible for making tooltips clearly has a vision. And that vision is to safe everyone the hassle of knowing what the hell they are using, one day he will achieve his goal of having 2 descriptions for all abilities in the game:
    1. "does good to friends".
    2. "does bad to enemies".

of course, with an added, slight variation of "..for sometime." when necessary.

Who needs information and numbers in this day and age.

This wins the Neverwinter Internets