test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Superior Mark Drop Rate in mSVA

So, my earlier comments regarding this issue appear to have been moderated away. Apologies if they offended anyone.

Instead, here's some sums:

So far I've done 30 (successful) runs of mSVA and gained 7 superior marks, which gives a drop rate of 1 marks every 4.3 runs. For the 30 marks I'll need to upgrade my weapons, I'll need to do 129 runs - call it 130 for easier maths.

Assume that I don't want to grind anything and that I'll buy Legendary Dragon Keys for all my chests: three chests each run - I'll need 390 keys. A key is worth approx £0.40. That's £156.00 minimum spend in order to get my weapons from epic to legendary!

I can buy three whole new games for that, not just two weapons. Even if I grind half the points needed to open chests, it's still a spend of £78 - much more than a single whole game can be bought for. Given that only two of the three factions can actually be ground (you only get one point in arcane brotherhood per day), it guarantees that you must buy at least some keys if you want to make progression towards your weapons in a reasonable time.

Now I don't mind paying for some parts of a basically free game - I have done many times - the devs do need to make some revenue and deservedly so for the most part, but this goes far far beyond that.

It should be noted that this was fixed today on the PC version. It could have been fixed for us as well, but it wasn't.

Comments

• knightfall#8685 knightfall Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    I also find it interesting that I have I have 6 superior marks from one tribe, 4 from another and 1 from the third. And guess which tribe it is that I only have one mark from? Yup, the one you can't grind. Coincidence?
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    I see no issue with this model, it is working as intended. If you don't want to spend the money, simply grind out what you can do get what you want.

• darkheart#6758 darkheart Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    Mbengal, the issue is simple. The superior marks are not dropping as frequently as they should.
    They have put a fix in for this on Pc, but not on ps4 or xbox. That is the problem.
  • umarachnea#5673 umarachnea Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    I believe the fix was introduced as part of mod11, and not as a fix to a situation per se, in the sense of easing the grind so we can go forward to the new area. Consoles should be getting it too with mod 11... currently SoMI is the only area to grind for end-game.

Also, while the math is correct (it took me 102 runs, a friend about 130), as mentioned, you can still grind away at everything. Basically, you can stack up on Arcane rep, and open the chest 5 times once every 5 days... the other times you can just farm for the other keys, which drastically reduces whatever cost you want to put in..

Not wanting to grind, comes with it's own price... especially since the options are available to us. But, come mod11, the same fix on pc should be given us... so....
  • at a chest a day, you're looking at 100+ days though
  • darrenanity#1954 darrenanity Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    I've run it 77 times and have 7, 4 & 3 with ZERO in the past 26 runs. Rngeebus can suck a bag of dicks.
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    New content typically has lower drop rate to encourage you to play it more and buy more Dragon Keys. I have seen this model in other MMOs that are pay to advance. Why should NW be any different?