test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Maintenance Extended

ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 452 Arc User
So maintenance have been extended for two hours according to the launcher, but there's not information at all in the forum. @nicotris83 you're our CM, what happening?
Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.

Comments

• Options
    litaaerslitaaers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 871 Arc User
    Ever hear of 'All Hands On Deck'?
  • Options
    ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    And yet the last community manager on here and the old one over on the STO forum managed to give information in situations like this. Even when it was just "maintenance extended". Which we haven't actually got an official message of here on the forum.

Heck, summer before last STO had a total meltdown in connection with the launch of a new season. Like I mean everything broke, literally everything. They had to pull the game down again - after first having extended maintenance twice - and fix HAMSTER. Strangely enough, the CM still managed to communicate to the player base on the forum. Because you know, that's the job she actually has.
    Right now I'd take just an official "we have extended maintenance for 2 hours" or whatever from Julia. It's her damn job. She isn't a dev, her job isn't to fix whatever it is that isn't working. Her job is to communicate with the player base - i.e. us - yet nada.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • Options
    litaaerslitaaers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 871 Arc User
    ilithyn said:

And yet the last community manager on here and the old one over on the STO forum managed to give information in situations like this. Even when it was just "maintenance extended". Which we haven't actually got an official message of here on the forum.

Heck, summer before last STO had a total meltdown in connection with the launch of a new season. Like I mean everything broke, literally everything. They had to pull the game down again - after first having extended maintenance twice - and fix HAMSTER. Strangely enough, the CM still managed to communicate to the player base on the forum. Because you know, that's the job she actually has.
    Right now I'd take just an official "we have extended maintenance for 2 hours" or whatever from Julia. It's her damn job. She isn't a dev, her job isn't to fix whatever it is that isn't working. Her job is to communicate with the player base - i.e. us - yet nada.

No but they had her on a Live Stream. That ok with you, or should they memo you in advance next time?
  • Options
    khangaaxkhangaax Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    So the players who wants to play but they can't, where should we go to cry?
  • Options
    herbster#8192 herbster Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    The biggest customer service mistake is making your customers feel ignored. Any feedback is better than no feedback. It doesn't take a lot of effort to post saying that it's been extended because of blah blah but we'll keep you up to date on what's happening.
  • Options
    drartwhodentdrartwhodent Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 301 Arc User
    While the OP may not have been as 'polite' as some may wish, I believe they have a legitimate beef.
    There is an update to Facebook (and presumably Twitter but I am not on there) but not here about the extended maintenance. This should be first place that messages like that are posted. Then any other places.
    DON'T
    PANIC!
  • Options
    katamaster81899katamaster81899 Member Posts: 1,157 Arc User
    I've got to say, I kind of agree. Ever since Strumslinger left... there has been very little communication, and it often takes way longer than it should.

@strumslinger please come back, pretty please?
    dulopa4e1d9.png
    || Axios Guild Leader || Neverwinter Trade Forum Moderator || Infernal Paragons ||
    Check out my foundry, titled "Akro's Gone Wacko", featuring our ex-CM Akromatik!: NW-DL8J7BY5T
    Erza Moonstalker | Lara Moonstalker | Julie Marvell | Erza Moonhunter | Annie Hellangel | Jenn Moonstalker
  • Options
    cerberusxllcerberusxll Member Posts: 387 Arc User
    aaaaaaaaaaaaand pushed back again
    Cerberus | Scylla | Orion | Makelo | Nemesis | Ares | Artemis | Asclepius | Nyx | Hades | Dexithea | Dolos | Demonax | Athena | Enyo | Medusa | Talos | Alcyone
  • Options
    vandignescavandignesca Member Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Maybe Mimicking said to go ahead and try to fix the Foundry ./launchmaddelusionalfantasy
    Love yourself, and focus on the rest of the madness of life later.
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    They are doing the best. Julia's extremely busy doing a million different things. Her job is not only posting on the forums.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    some time ago companies used to have someone to "stand in" for you if you are unable to do your job. (family crysis, illness, whatever)

There redundancy were to expensive, obviously. Or maybe not to expensive, but the earnings did not rectify these redundancies.
    Well, we accept this culture as a whole - as customers.
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    Julia made an official thread to discuss extensions. Closing this one. Go reply here.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
This discussion has been closed.