test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Is there any value in buying skill kits?

zariarnzariarn Member Posts: 2 Arc User
edited February 2017 in General Discussion (PC)
Greetings everyone!

Is there any lasting value in buying skill kits? They take up a lot of space and I don't see much use for them except getting random crafting items. Is there any real use other than random stuff I probably won't use?

Comments

• Options
    niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Stronghold coffer influence runs for Explorer guild I think requires you to use them. Been a while since we needed them as we have been maxed out for a while at lv 20.
  • Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    Come help my guildhall we are rank 5 still
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User
    zariarn said:

Greetings everyone!

Is there any lasting value in buying skill kits? They take up a lot of space and I don't see much use for them except getting random crafting items. Is there any real use other than random stuff I probably won't use?

High end zones you can get elemental items that can be used to make aggregate, you can also get aggregate and possibly unified elements. I tend to collect from them as a matter of course. My main has 2 slots pretty much dedicated to Alchemy for making aggregate and unifieds.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    They used to be useful. They gave enchants and whatnot. They got farmed by bots and nerfed to oblivion. I prefer the inventory space to skill packs now.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • Options
    niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Green Mount insignias. But pretty useless. I stopped opening them once our guild was level 20 and I stopped running the explorer Guild quest.
  • Options
    minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    We have a high rank explorers guild, meaning 12 successful uses of non arcane nodes gives you 100 inf. We're rank 20 so donate the influence to our overflow guild in the same alliance, but if they ever up the guild level cap, we'll need more, and that is hinted by the final SH mission from the steward.
  • Options
    chojinpatriarchchojinpatriarch Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    There are Lore items linked to Skill Nodes in some Instanced missions, like the Rime Wolf's Lair (An Arcane node, there).
    You can also rarely gain Mount insignias (Bound to Character) from Skill Nodes...
    Useful to know if you're a collector of either.
  • Options
    viciouscosityviciouscosity Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    It's been hinted at that the skill nodes will have the enchants and rp returned to them at some point, when they get around to programming in the mini game from STO to prevent bots from exploiting them. Ofc it took them two years to give us back just one of the end game dungeons (epic spell plague tomorrow with mod 11 release) that they gutted from the game at mod 6 release, so you might as well free up the space in your inventory by tossing the kits for now.
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    I still use them, for old time's sake and the urge to grab loot from 30+ years of gaming. If you don't lack for gold to buy them and you don't set your expectations too high, they aren't bad. I get a lot of Elemental X, occasional Elemental Agg and rarely Unified Elements. The green insignia can be donated to the guild coffer so it isn't a complete waste. But mostly I do it because it's the Adventury thing to do.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User
    I don't do that anymore because of personal laziness and don't want to organize the inventory. However, I can see the merit of doing that. The professional material can be sold for a good value in the right event. Everything you pick up has a price in AH. I would not suggest to 'buy' skill kits but using it is still cool.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***