test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Q'ing for NSVA ?(hard to find a group)

Hey all .Restored my relic weaps few days ago i accept that i'm pretty late for restoring new weapons but you know it was really hard grinding for them at first and didn't have much time for that.Now i'm looking to join Nsva to get the upgrading stuff needed but its really hard to find a public match for Nsva(i've tried so many times) especially for us(3.4k HR btw) Dps classes . most of 3.2+ tanks and dcs looking to join. i tried to create a group myself and there was no interest from dcs and tanks. when i try to join Msva they mostly say that im not good enough(i know my dps is not that high :( ) . please give me an advice i dont know what to do to get needed stuff for upgrade.thanks for reading.

Ps:English is not my native language so apologize for my mistakes

Comments

• Options
    namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    Mod 11 is dropping on Tuesday and the mod 11 weapons are easier to get and upgrade, though not as good as relic weapons for DPS. I would cut my losses now. Many people did not actually grind out all the materials to restore their weapons. They paid AD to buy them from others (this was one of the few things about mod 10 I liked, that people not interested in relic weapon grind can still profit by farming for others).

SVA/FBI queues have been dead for a long time. There's been very few LFM in SOMI the past week. DPS with no 3xR12 bonding find it impossible to make or get into a group without some help from friends. And the only tanks and DCs left running them are doing it for friends.
  • Options
    niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    When people realize that the rp for relic weapons that you get from Msva (along with the improved mark drop after mod 11 drops) makes getting the relic weapons upgraded easier than grinding new mod 11 weapons and using normal RP for upgrades, the LFG for Msva will be very active.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Maybe. But I have so much BtA RP and so many leadership bags waiting to be opened that as soon as I get the mod 11 pieces, they will be legendary, even without double-RP, like magic! And for all four of my toons. No need to put myself at the mercy of RNGesus for the oranges marks needed for the relic weapons.
  • Options
    For you dear sir, that may be the case. As for me, I will be finishing my relics after the mod drops.
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    niadan said:

When people realize that the rp for relic weapons that you get from Msva (along with the improved mark drop after mod 11 drops) makes getting the relic weapons upgraded easier than grinding new mod 11 weapons and using normal RP for upgrades, the LFG for Msva will be very active.

Just the reagents for the relic weapons (even at current prices) would cost enough AD that you could get the new weapons to epic for less.

Also, you're getting the relic weapons because of the RP you're basically expecting to get carried really hard in msva.

I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Let me be more clear. There are several players that already have their relic weapons and are in the process of upgrading. It would be foolish to stop running Msva after the mod drops and work on the new weapons. I started SOMI late and have still been able to acquire the weapons and upgrade them all the way to full epic just from running the content. After the next Mod drops, getting the last marks for legendary should be easier.

PS...also, being carried is not in my nature. Neither is skipping content because I think getting something later is going to be easier. Again, I did not spend ANY AD on my relic weapons. I actually played the game.
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    niadan said:

Let me be more clear. There are several players that already have their relic weapons and are in the process of upgrading. It would be foolish to stop running Msva after the mod drops and work on the new weapons. I started SOMI late and have still been able to acquire the weapons and upgrade them all the way to full epic just from running the content. After the next Mod drops, getting the last marks for legendary should be easier.

PS...also, being carried is not in my nature. Neither is skipping content because I think getting something later is going to be easier. Again, I did not spend ANY AD on my relic weapons. I actually played the game.

So just feed them into the mod 11 weapons. The difference in performance doesn't really justify the cost of keys or time spent in SVA.

And while you may not have spent AD, there's still the opportunity cost involved in not selling the mats. It's a massive waste of AD either way.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    luks707luks707 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    There's a simple solution to this - make nSVA keys cost less the mSva keys. So rather than using e.g. 1000 Elk tribe/fishing rep you could just lose 500, 75 AB etc.. Or, if they want to make it slightly less extreme (as there are still chances of other drops) 750, 100 etc.
  • Options
    luks707luks707 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    niadan said:

Running MSVA in new mod will be more attractive as to more reasonable drop rates for legendary marks.
  • Options
    Do not forget that you need to run Msva at least once a week to upgrade (vivify) your armor...if you wish to do so.
  • Options
    zach#3177 zach Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    I grinded out the mats to restore the relic weapons and found it almost impossible to get a group together to run nSVA (and that was using guild and alliance chat).

So I fed them to my current weapon set which I will feed into the mod 11 set. I also sold the left over mats on the auction house.

Mod 10 was a poorly conceived and executed mod I just want to forget it ever existed.
  • Options
    jase2cooljase2cool Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    The way i look at it ... Relic weapon are similar to stronghold weapon when it 1st came out, even edemo takes awhile till it became common previously it was also premades only.
    these kinda things requires teamwork it depends on how willing your guild-mates/Alliance/friends helps you create the gear.
    previously our guild have daily runs for msva majority of the members has completed legendary relic weapons, even now we still do upon request from guild members, well geared members/officers are always willing to help those in need.

Before you give up hope,I would suggest to try talking to your guild leaders see if able to arrange guild raids.
  • Options
    This...and will be much faster after mod 11 drops and more legendary marks drop.
  • Options
    zach#3177 zach Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    Well to quote Homer Simpson... Doh! Wish I had kown about the increased drop rate before I used the relic weapons as feeders because as far as I know unlike the elemental set (which you can get again if you discard, transmute, etc) I didn't see a way to get the relic weapons again. Oh well live and learn.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Ouch. I never throw away anything that cannot be acquired again. I still have the unrestored pieces taking up two inventory slots on my four toons, just in case. Maybe they will throw them in the campaign store at some point.

It remains to be seen whether the increases mark drop rate would increase participation. The main bottleneck is the number of tanks/healers running it. With the mod 11 weapons being BiS for most tank/heal builds and no other rewards from SVA, there is zero incentive for tanks and healers to run this. Perhaps if both the marks and RP are BtA, then maybe some people would run their tanks/healers to get the upgrade materials for their non-bonded DPS toons. And when the AA is fixed, it will be harder to complete runs.
  • Options
    nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    zach#3177 said:

Well to quote Homer Simpson... Doh! Wish I had kown about the increased drop rate before I used the relic weapons as feeders because as far as I know unlike the elemental set (which you can get again if you discard, transmute, etc) I didn't see a way to get the relic weapons again. Oh well live and learn.

I would expect that you get the weapons again if you finish the runestead weekly.
    The quest text kind of hints that. But so far I did not trash my unrestored weapons, although I should get rid of these useless items.

Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!