test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

FBI--second boss eats companions

santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
edited December 2016 in PvE Discussion
My companion keeps getting killed first thing at the Dragon Turtle. It has to be re-summoned, not simply a Lliras bell. Is it a matter of switching to a different companion, or what? Currently I'm runing Shadow Demon. Since I use bondings, it's more than an irritation.

Comments

• Options
    rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User

My companion keeps getting killed first thing at the Dragon Turtle. It has to be re-summoned, not simply a Lliras bell. Is it a matter of switching to a different companion, or what? Currently I'm runing Shadow Demon. Since I use bondings, it's more than an irritation.

I lack experience with the Shadow Demon, but I think the issue is the part where the companion wants to teleport behind the enemy. The problem with that is, well, the "back" of the Dragon Turtle is insta-death water.

My guild leader, @micky1p00, runs a Blink Dog, and has expressed a similar sentiment on the dragon turtle versus companions.

• Options
    rinat114rinat114 Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    Every single companion that can teleport behind the target (i.e. Blink Dog and Shadow Demon) will die on the turtle fight quite immediately as it'll take a jump in the water. You need to replace your companion for that fight, yes.
  • Options
    Thanks guys.
  • Options
    araneaxaraneax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 639 Arc User
    It eats the con artist, lilland and the lion as well. They disappear in the middle of the fight.
    And have to be re-summoned if you are fast enough in the middle mode where you need to hit the turtle with a bomb.
    d7d81448-df6b-48cf-94a0-cf1ba87d861a_zpsish6zr2v.jpg

• Options
    micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    You can use a bind to re-summon quickly after the bombs phase
    /bind key "GenSendMessage Pets_Summon_Unsummon_Button Activate"

Not the best solution, but meh....

• Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    You have short timeframe to recast your companion before before the turtle heads back to the ice, maybe 3-4 seconds.
    My Blinkdog died everytime immidiately, my Sellsword only sometimes, not that much...bugged game
  • Options
    Does Paranoid Delusion suffer the same fate as Shadow Demon? I've seen some in FBI runs....
  • Options
    jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    Anything that stays at range is ok. Fire archon is what I swap to.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • Options
    dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    It happens with my Delusion (non-teleporter) as well as my Shadowdemon. Maybe in the attempt to flank the boss (to get CA) they may be throwing themselves in the water?

Kinda like how so many companions use to commit suicide at the boss of SpellPlague.
    Needs an invisible wall maybe?

Edit: Spelling... and to shed a tear for SpellPlague. You are missed.
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.
  • Options
    devlin#3775 devlin Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    I used shadow demon for quite some time until I started regularly running FBI. It's too much of a hassle switching my bonding stones back and forth every time I come to the turtle. As mentioned above, he insta dies since he teleports into the water. Oh well; con artists for everyone....
  • Options
    micky1p00 said:

How do you choose the key you have bound?
  • Options
    micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User

micky1p00 said:

How do you choose the key you have bound?
    Write the key instead of key, for example you want it to be "]"
    then:
    /bind ] "GenSendMessage Pets_Summon_Unsummon_Button Activate"

Or if you want it to be numpad 3
    /bind numpad3 "GenSendMessage Pets_Summon_Unsummon_Button Activate"
  • Options
    sw1tchstarsw1tchstar Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    black death scorpion also insta dies at dragon turtle, you cant resummon because it continually insta dies
  • Options
    niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Also at those times like in Msva where your companion disappears and cannot be revived, or summoned (you are in combat) remember that you can log out/in (I use change character) to get your companion back.
  • Options
    kallephi#0836 kallephi Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    Weird. It doesn't happen to me much. 80% of the time my companion get killed before the Activation Window, but once I'm in the battle my companion doesn't die. Maybe you are getting killed during the fight and being resurrected by Soulforged?
    Sometimes when I die and get back quickly my companion disappears, it usually happens on Drufi and MSVA.
    Ly'saaera, Hellbringer Fury Scourge Warlock of Thieves World
    Hælja, Swordmaster Conqueror Guardian Fighter of Thieves World
  • Options

Weird. It doesn't happen to me much. 80% of the time my companion get killed before the Activation Window, but once I'm in the battle my companion doesn't die. Maybe you are getting killed during the fight and being resurrected by Soulforged?
    Sometimes when I die and get back quickly my companion disappears, it usually happens on Drufi and MSVA.

If you get killed by Permafrost your compainion dies and doesn't come back--in both MSVA and FBI.
  • Options
    niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    But it will if you do a quick change character log out/in.