test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Broken Group Dungeon Chaos

ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
Okay so the dungeon groups have been broken for a while now - let me give you the play by play on why this is an issue any why this needs some attention sooner than later.

Last night a friend and I went into a Malabogs to do a quick run through for AD and because we are trying to get the artifact for a friend for Christmas.

As soon as we load in the cleric immediately quits out. He didn't even go to the first group of enemies. So the queue finds a GWF - but doesn't put him in the group. Okay fine. We get a little farther and a very very weak TR quits in embarrassment after getting lost and running into the adventurer group. It pulls in another GWF - also not added into the group. We cannot add either one into the group. They can't get into a group together. So we now have two individuals running alone and 3 people running in a group together. We get to the dragon.

One of the lone GWF's hits the button while the rest of us aren't in the circle waiting for the other lone GWF to get through the castle to us. It starts the timer because he's not in a group so 100% of his group is in the circle. It randomly pulls 3 people in there - this glitches the dragon into the wall where it cannot be harmed. We all wait to die. We respawn outside and the third guy in our group quits. He is now disconnected and the group we are in is broken. We can't kick him we can't leave group to get everyone out of our group. A third guy comes in, also alone in a group. Meanwhile the GWF hits the button again and sucks 3 random people in to fight the dragon. I'm not one of them (I'm the tank) They all die. He runs up and hits the button again, sucking 3 random people in - meanwhile I'm waiting for the new guy to get through the castle to the end. They die, he runs up and hits the button again. My friend and I have to beg him to stop hitting the button until everyone is in the circle. He does this twice more before he finally decides to wait until everyone is in the circle to hit the button.

My friend and I know that the only way we are going to finish this is if he and I both manage to get sucked in together because the others clearly don't know the fight well and are a bit under geared (normally not a problem but this was no ordinary Malabogs).

Finally we manage to get all 5 people in at once - the other three die quickly and my friend and I kill the dragon. at the end we realize that we wasted an hour of our lives on a dungeon that we normally run through without a death. And the problem wasn't the new players or their low gear - it was the lack of the functional group.

Fix the groups/queues please. It is VERY important to the dungeons.
Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

Comments

• Options
    james8669#5096 james8669 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    i have a similar problem but im the guy who isn't put into dungeon groups. nobody can invite me to a group either. when the dungeon sprinters reach the end they dont have to wait for me and i'm excluded from the fight. outside queues i can invite others but not be invited by them. could make a grown man cry. so that's one character i cant really use. everytime i join a party on my new guy i dread it could be my last. submitted a ticket and the response was to post here but for some reason the 'new discussion' button is nowhere to be seen (using edge on xbox
  • Options
    areus#3844 areus Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    What I have noticed is you get no Astral Diamonds either!!! I only want them to upgrade the companions. What a farce this game has become since they removed them from the invocation and you are forced to do boring dungeon runs. Sorry. but my patience and fun side has left the building on this game. Will they do anything? No, is the answer.......
  • Options
    areus#3844 areus Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    It would appear the 'no ads' is a bug and you have to "join a group then leave it", "explain it to others in the group", etc., etc.
    Why can't they just fix it? :)
    Ho humm.
  • Options
    mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    Isn't the issue now fix where if you lose a healer and finds a healer. As for the group issue, if you are next to them or use the group info you can add them to your group, that is a work around.
  • Options
    ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    Most of the time it will fill in with a healer or a tank - I've had a few where it gives us something odd. When they come in and aren't in the group - we haven't been able to add them to a group because it will give you the error stating that "they are already in a group" even though they aren't.
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP