test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Greater Bag's of holding - need's change

iyodahiyodah Member Posts: 72 Arc User
I may be the only one with this issue but as someone who purchased a full set of greater bags (before the runic bag release) and then purchased runic bags to replace them, I am now stuck with 4 slots in my inventory/bank that are being held by these bags. They can not be discarded, sold or anything.

I have asked support for help but they say there is nothing they can do. Can we get the dev's to change them to account bound or something so they can at least be useful for alternative toons?

It is quite aggravating to have them just waste space, especially since they were purchased with zen. There has to be something that can be done other than to force a player to waste valuable inventory/bank space.

Comments

• ddem0n888ddem0n888 Member Posts: 449 Arc User
    I agree they need to be account bound rather than just character. Ideally they should be not bound at all but that would never happen.
    Guild - Excalibur
  • cesar#6784 cesar Member Posts: 325 Arc User

Same here, 3 bank slots taken up. Although we get another bag slot in mod 8, but why have greater when there is runic.

He got 'em before the runic became available.

Oh! Got it. Well, it's a matter of choice... Not everybody will buy the biggest one.
  • iyodahiyodah Member Posts: 72 Arc User

Oh! Got it. Well, it's a matter of choice... Not everybody will buy the biggest one.

I can understand that point completely. Some people can't afford the larger ones or it seems more expensive than they want to buy but it seems a bit ignorant that after you purchase one you have zero ability to get rid of it if you upgrade to a larger size.
    I agree with you 100%.
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    You'd think they'd just do a 'bag upgrade' option to convert a greater bag into a runic...
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
    I support this idea ^^^^^ 100%
  • beastpro#5299 beastpro Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    A bit off topic, but what is the point in having this many bags and these size bags? I barely have two rows used in my first bag, unless I was doing some specific professions then I would use maybe the first 3-4rows. So What could you possibly need that much space for?

A bit off topic, but what is the point in having this many bags and these size bags? I barely have two rows used in my first bag, unless I was doing some specific professions then I would use maybe the first 3-4rows. So What could you possibly need that much space for?

I have a shared bank that's completely maxed out and always full of account bound gear and a personal bank full of saved stuff. Then onto the 4x runic bags I have. 1 is full of enchantments for double RP (or used as needed), 1 is full of potions, currency and other things of that nature, 1 is full of refinement (peridots, opals and such). I run 4x different utility enchants so I need the bag space.
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    Yep me too. I have a stack of just about every potion, those boons from invoking, portable alter, kits, lockboxes and peridots.

When a stack fills, I'll either move it or sell it but it's not worth doing it on every drop as I'd be doing it every 5 minutes. I keep them in the end bags so they auto-fill neatly out of sight.

Only one of my characters has a lot of bank slots and I keep almost everything not character bound there.

queue off topic rant: [non-class specific items being character bound is the stupidest, lamest waste of time ever - I 'the account holder' earned the item & should be able to use it where I choose!].

I generally have 6 rows filled at all times. I would actually prefer to have stacks of other refinement items there too but then wouldn't have space for any other drops - lol.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • mahburgmahburg Member Posts: 598 Arc User
    armadeonx said:

Yep me too. I have a stack of just about every potion, those boons from invoking, portable alter, kits, lockboxes and peridots.

When a stack fills, I'll either move it or sell it but it's not worth doing it on every drop as I'd be doing it every 5 minutes. I keep them in the end bags so they auto-fill neatly out of sight.

Only one of my characters has a lot of bank slots and I keep almost everything not character bound there.

queue off topic rant: [non-class specific items being character bound is the stupidest, lamest waste of time ever - I 'the account holder' earned the item & should be able to use it where I choose!].

I generally have 6 rows filled at all times. I would actually prefer to have stacks of other refinement items there too but then wouldn't have space for any other drops - lol.

I wholly agree, character bound is frankly insane and it needs to be gone.
  • mrgray#6386 mrgray Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Either allows us to use this with other characters or allow us to discard it / sell it. I have upgraded to Runic Bag. I can no longer use or need this bag. It is a simple fix. Stop wasting our bag space. People have been complaining about this for over a year and still no fix.
  • thegravelnome#9466 thegravelnome Member Posts: 270 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    This has ben a complaint since the beginning. I whould love to put my bags on my storage toons so I can Hold more of the bound to act, character, bound to only male toons, bound to toons with 5 letters in the name, bound to toons created on the 2nd Wednesday of the 3 month in a even numbered year...... I probably should stop before I give them more ideas.

Sigh. Don't get me wrong, I do understand why we need to bind certain things like relic gear, dragon flight, etc. But do we really need to have 3 different types of bound and unbound gemstones?
    Post edited by thegravelnome#9466 on
  • mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User
    I think the problem they have is that its not the sort of fix that can happen in one go.
    When you open a bag, it disappears from your inventory, and a new inventory opens. The bag item literally vanishes... and a new one is created when its closed.
    If they throw out a fix while people still have them open, it risks all sorts of potential conflict in the code when people subsequently close ones that were open at time of fix.

I therefore suggest that bags of all kind are recategorised to transfer to the "Useful Items" tab.

While it still doesn't address the "come on... I bought this with Zen... let me hand it down to junior" situation, it would make space in the proper inventory.