test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Shocking Execution - Should Add A Target

mafesiomafesio Member Posts: 108 Arc User
I had posted my complaints about shocking execution before. I play a TR, I understand the the concept that they are supposed to be a burst damage class. People say it's the only way to kill someone in pvp, I personally don't use it, I have a few videos of my tr in pvp, it's only 3.1k and I don't use SE, twitch.tv/mafesio.

That being said I'm not bash it or tr's that make builds around it. As a quality of life adjustment that would make it much more bearable would be to add a target like the hr's, maybe purple, I don't know. It's not a daily you really want to ignore, but if your playing with friends over, or listening to the t.v., or music, it's a horrible a horrible daily. I'm going to take a match today for example, I was trying to hold a node, it was 3v1, I was going to have to leave, but it was fun fighting all three, it probably went on for 30 seconds, then of course I got hit with SE, I wear heaphones when I play games, I prefer to listen to music. I could have rolled if I would have heard it, it would have just added to the excitment. I could take my heaphones off I know, I guess that's a valid point, but it's just so much better listening to music.

A target would make all the difference in the world. I challenge the developers to play a pvp match with the sound muted. Play a regular PVP match with no sound, 5 v 5 once with no tr's and then once with tr's and you will see what I mean. With no tr's in the match, playing muted is more difficult but still fun and not detrimental, then play with tr's and shocking execution, watch how fun that is, even if your another tr with shocking execution. Then if you really want to emphasize the point play the same match with the tr's but don't use SE and it will be playable again and just as fun as with the sound on.

So there is a simple test you guy's can try at the office, instead of playing in silence, put headphones and listen to music while you pvp, you will see that the only time the the match sucks, wheather you are a tr or not, is when the tr's are using SE and you are listening to music. That one daily shouldn't force us to play in a silent room with the game effects on and simple target would fix it, there is such a short window from the actual daily to insta death anyway it's not like a putting the target on someone would render it any less effective.

Comments

• Options
    mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    IF I play with music i cant hear ice knife and believe me ice knife is dangerous too not for its damage but for the prone.
    i am wondering when you listen to the music how you avoid enemy attacks. IF you are fighting to avoid gf bull charge etc and from behind a cw cast ice knife how you will able to see it coming ?
  • Options
    ltgamesttv#0999 ltgamesttv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,438 Arc User

IF I play with music i cant hear ice knife and believe me ice knife is dangerous too not for its damage but for the prone.
    i am wondering when you listen to the music how you avoid enemy attacks. IF you are fighting to avoid gf bull charge etc and from behind a cw cast ice knife how you will able to see it coming ?

If I may make a suggestion, you can always... turn down the music?
    On ambush rings: "How would you like PVE if all the mobs were invisible?"

imgur pics don't work

• Options
    ltgamesttv#0999 ltgamesttv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,438 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    That said, if you want to make a better complaint consider that there may be people who are hearing impaired, a QoL improvement for them could potentially be a checkmark you can use in options that gives you a visual CUE that SE is about to occur. However I think part of the skill aspect of PVP is knowing to dodge on cue, not knowing who the target is. I.E. they're stealthed, you're not supposed to be able to see the target because it also gives away the TRs position. I would say a visual warning would do just as well for those who may not be able to utilize in game audio cues would be appropriate.
    On ambush rings: "How would you like PVE if all the mobs were invisible?"

imgur pics don't work

• Options
    mafesiomafesio Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    Good point for the hearing impaired. Don't get me wrong, I expect to take many more hits from all classes by playing with the sound off, I can't think of one that doesn't give you a chance after, at least for me it's the only thing that can just kill me outright. I don't think the TR's should have a target, I meant that if a TR performs shocking execution on you, you get a mark so you know it's coming, I don't think it should give the TR's position away. The visual ques should be be added for all things now that you bring up the hearing impaired, at least if i get to annoyed I can take the heaphones off and the problem goes away.
  • Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    Bad idea....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Options
    szejhuludpuchaczszejhuludpuchacz Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    Just add little indication icon in buff bar so it wont be obvious and still easier to avoid SE traditional way with music on. Remember there are also deaf players.
    200_s.gif
  • Options
    Also if you are hit once by a tr you can expect it later in the match..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Options
    ragequittingdc#8599 ragequittingdc Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    why should a master infiltrator be detectable
    im actually the gwf carry
  • Options
    Exactly
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    forumnamesuxsforumnamesuxs Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 490 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    It's not about being detectable. I agree with Morenthar, if you PvP, you should keep focus on the game with all senses. SE isn't the only power that makes a sound you might be interested in hearing, especially since it takes a while for the visual effects to actually become visible. DC AA for example, which should make you consider saving your daily if you hear it being activated, but you can't see who got affected by it.
    That being said, like Tyrion pointed out, there are hearing impaired people out there.
    Post edited by forumnamesuxs on
    Wolves, big as a horse! I need new pants!

• Options
    waywardwizard#4349 waywardwizard Member Posts: 201 Arc User

Lol. I play with dimmed lights and im old so i dont see very good. Thus I want everyone in pvp to be forced to move 5 times slower so I can see them coming and have the time to react between tea and cookies :smile:
  • Options
    crowdsourced#3904 crowdsourced Member Posts: 218 Arc User
    I have seen many streams and videos of premades where the player has music on the background but they can still hear all the necessary in-game sounds.