test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

porting from PS4, WHICH CLASS?

hey,

I am porting over from ps4.

what class is most needed by guilds? I would guess tank or healer. but would like some clarification or breakdown of what's desired at the moment and why

when I am set I will be looking for a UK game time guild (people who play peak GMT) Sof also let me know of you're recruiting.

Comments

• Options
    zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Guilds are more established on Xbox than Ps4 since it has been around longer. Many guilds will not even take a low level character and will require a high ilvl, so what they need is not important. Others will not and those usually do not care about class either. My guild falls into the later category, but with limited space for under 70's. But, you are correct support characters are most needed by many.

My suggestion: Start a character you like to play and then find a guild you enjoy that will accept low level characters. Then, start a second character that will help with the guilds needs.
  • Options
    banburybullbanburybull Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    valid point, I just wanted to focus on a class. get levelled and geared without yhe distraction of alts :)
  • Options
    ddem0n888ddem0n888 Member Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    From looking in Zone chat then either a DC or GF would be most wanted. Or an OP as they can tank and heal.

Once you hit 70 give the Filthy Casuals guild a shout or pm me. We have no requirements apart from basic etiquette rules and are GH20 so the coffer don't need feeding.
    Guild - Excalibur
  • Options
    cheers I am toying with classes to see if one I enjoy. I played CW, GF AND DC on ps4. so played all three roles.

I understand being 70 is a pre-requirement by most guilds so will take feedback on this post and get one up before joining a guild
  • Options

cheers I am toying with classes to see if one I enjoy. I played CW, GF AND DC on ps4. so played all three roles.

I understand being 70 is a pre-requirement by most guilds so will take feedback on this post and get one up before joining a guild

I'm in the same alliance as ddem0n888 and can confirm it's a good guild and alliance to be in. Ours is good too, but we (Casual Gamers) would still be needing donations, we are only just starting GH15 this week.

Alliance chat is frequently calling out for DC's and GF's. DC's slightly more often,The most requested seems to be for Righteous buff/debuff clerics, preferably running Anointed Army.
  • Options
    thank you, I have both a GF and DC started. just deciding between the two.
  • Options
    mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User
    zephyriah said:

Guilds are more established on Xbox than Ps4 since it has been around longer. Many guilds will not even take a low level character and will require a high ilvl, so what they need is not important. Others will not and those usually do not care about class either. My guild falls into the later category, but with limited space for under 70's. But, you are correct support characters are most needed by many.

My suggestion: Start a character you like to play and then find a guild you enjoy that will accept low level characters. Then, start a second character that will help with the guilds needs.

This.

I've got five L70 characters most in the 2.4-2.5k Item Level range.
    I play whichever suits my mood on a given day.
    I realised the other day that I hadn't played my DC for ages, so did a reroll to make the character a utility for my Guild/Alliance.
    If there's a group or player wanting to EDemo or whatever, I can switch to my DC to fill the quota and if I ever get a decent ring I can just switch it to my TR or HR.
    As a solo/DPS character, my DC now sucks, but keeps a group alive and well buffed

Thankfully my guild and our alliance are just as interested in growing the player base as much as the guild houses so if I want my CW to get some Protector Seals, there is usually a group ready to jump in and do an ETOS or CN with me.

It might take you a few tries to find a guild that fits your ideas, and don't be afraid to shop around.
    But since it seems like you want to give as much as you get from a guild, my advice would be to look for like minded players above guild house level and boons.
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    It's actually good to run two characters anyway as you can get double the AD per day. Spec both for DPS until you reach at least 2.5k as it'll speed up doing boons/dailies then whichever you choose as your main you can switch to a support build.

Filthy Casuals and Casual Gamers are both excellent, well established guilds (and I'm not just saying that because Ruthless is also in the same alliance ;) )
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User
    That point about speccing for DPS before about 2.5 is good advice.
    Specially with DC.
    Since switching mine to buff mode the DPS has been terrible, if I'd tried to spec and run heal/buff as it grew I'd have given up around L 40 or 50.
    I certainly don't intend doing any Icewind Dale or SKT dailies with my DC, cos while they would survive it would take forever since their RI is so low. (and thats WITH a white tiger giving 2K AP).
    Well of Dragons is bad enough...
  • Options
    thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    I'm about to be a little hijacky.. sorry... but can someone post the preferred build for the dc these days? my dc doesn't have AA. (And I aim to please.)
  • Options

I'm about to be a little hijacky.. sorry... but can someone post the preferred build for the dc these days? my dc doesn't AA. (And I aim to please.)

AC Righteous still seems tops, it's the new "bubble", though many put 10 points in Faithful to boost BoB and some put 15 in to also get gift of haste. From the people you know category, I run the 10 point build and Armadeonx runs the 15. You know how to contact us.
  • Options
    ty
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    @thefiresidecat hey Cat, Jarek's build is good: arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1216742/jareks-ac-righteous-pve-mod-10-mod-10b-guide-updated-on-november-10th-2016/p1

Although I'd recommend his '1st variation': 1/5 Fire of the Gods & 4/5 Gift of Haste

• Options
    armadeonx said:

@thefiresidecat hey Cat, Jarek's build is good: arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1216742/jareks-ac-righteous-pve-mod-10-mod-10b-guide-updated-on-november-10th-2016/p1

Although I'd recommend his '1st variation': 1/5 Fire of the Gods & 4/5 Gift of Haste

Not a big fan of this build. Don't get me wrong it's a great build for groups, but since he basically ignores RI, it can be as bad as a healing build to try to solo dailies and the like. I prefer a little more balance and the ability to be able to solo PvE campaign content. A little less power and a little more RI can make all the difference. Even for a DC, 50% RI minimum is needed if you want to be able to solo easily.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    I respecced on that build doing gift of haste and on that same tree as haste, instead of ten percent more heals I went with the damage resistance with hot.

mine is an alt it's really mostly a party only thing anyway although I went on to do level 4 maze engine solo wiht it right after and had no problems. I did some pug dungeons too which were kind of laughable and ended up number 2 pain giver. (ok so it's way more sad than speaking for any kind of achievement hahah) but I guess i didn't follow the builds faithfully as far as everything other than feats and powers and even there I think I changed it up a little taking ri instead of 10 percent more heal. oh and my healer is already human so I took some bonus feats too.

My rational was that as a primary buffer I'm not going to be doing that much healing so ten percent more isn't really that huge a figure where as, what is it 5 or 6 percent damage resistance is significant. I do have some RI. Not sure how much and I took some in what little boons are available to me. I think i have four or five thousand ri.

although in terms of someone who has a dc main.. can't speak for that.

Im unsure if I'm going to get my dc fbi and msva ready. it's bad enough getting my hr thru that roadblock (it's not difficult for the hr just a pia having to do all those dailies but for the dc it would hurt). they really ought to be kinder in their dailies for support. I have all my weeklies for the mod ten zones saved up. if you guys want me to run you thru I will. (on my hr lol)
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    zephyriah said:

armadeonx said:

Not a big fan of this build. Don't get me wrong it's a great build for groups, but since he basically ignores RI, it can be as bad as a healing build to try to solo dailies and the like. I prefer a little more balance and the ability to be able to solo PvE campaign content. A little less power and a little more RI can make all the difference. Even for a DC, 50% RI minimum is needed if you want to be able to solo easily.
    Yeah the RI needs to be replaced by other means if you don't take Piercing Light. I'm currently at 54% but will be swapping out one of my artifacts for a Tiamat Orb which will get me to 60% and add more AP gain at the same time. Another one I use is the Black Ice Beholder which gives a nice 1k Armor Pen and 1k Recovery. I also have a couple of Darks which I'll swap out as I transfer more armor pen to mounts.

I previously ran a DO DPS build so my RI was over -60% but lost 10% with the respec.