test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Heroic Drop Rate Issue?

Apologies if this has been answered before, but can't find it.

Having problems getting Dragon Turtle Moults to drop in Sea of Moving Ice heroics. I've done sufficient HCs to get Storm Giants to rank 5 in the campaign and have yet to see a single Moult. I'm a DC and a DC friend of mine is having the same experience. However, a GF friend came in to do heroics with us and got two drops in his first five HCs. A SW friend has got loads so far and hasn't done nearly as many HCs as I have.

Is this a bug? Am I just really unlucky? Are DCs cursed?

Any answers?

Comments

• Options
    grandpaogre#4159 grandpaogre Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    My guess is that it's due to support characters not being able to do sufficient damage in heroics. This seems to be a recurring issue with the support classes. Everything from completing quests to mote farming to what seems like this drop. It would be a be help if the devs could patch this issue by giving the support classes some form of artificial modifier so that we can compete with the dps classes. It does seem that more and more of this game is turning into a dps driven game. Maybe an insider can clarify this better. Good luck.
  • Options
    marrow1971#7990 marrow1971 Member Posts: 13 Arc User

My guess is that it's due to support characters not being able to do sufficient damage in heroics. This seems to be a recurring issue with the support classes. Everything from completing quests to mote farming to what seems like this drop. It would be a be help if the devs could patch this issue by giving the support classes some form of artificial modifier so that we can compete with the dps classes. It does seem that more and more of this game is turning into a dps driven game. Maybe an insider can clarify this better. Good luck.

That's interesting - I had no idea that it might be a dps-based issue. I thought it was a binary drop/no drop mechanism. I do still get the voninblod, r5 and SG rep. But maybe this is the reason I've only ever seen three lanolin in Bryn Shandar and never yet the relic boots.
  • Options
    grandpaogre#4159 grandpaogre Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    It's been discussed about when people have complained about mote farming with support classes. Hopefully they figure something out.
  • Options
    mrmakeithappen#7220 mrmakeithappen Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    Idk I think it's pure rng ludicrous really. I'm a Gwf 3112 IL. I've been farming bryn shander trying to get the relic boots to drop. We actually had an alliance farm a couple days ago and I haven't got any boots lol. Seems everyone else has boots but no lanolin. I'm the lanolin master as I've had it drop like 5 times back to back in bryn shander. Had a girl get the boots drop twice in like 10 mins and was like 2800 gwf. It's mind boggling but that's this mod 10 HE farm <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>
  • Options
    marrow1971#7990 marrow1971 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Reporting back: four days later, loads more heroics. Still no Turtle Moult. C'mon. Fix this! You've had a whole maintenance now.

Say here if you're a DC having the same experience.
  • Options
    englyst#7187 englyst Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    DC here as main character. I haven't seen a single drop of loot in the 10 man heroics I've done in Sea Of Moving Ice and Cold Run except the 3 standard items. I'm a buff/debuff build so I don't have a lot of armor penetration and don't do a lot of damage. I wondered about this as well. I only get Dragon Turtle Moults and other items from the treasure chests in SOMI.
  • Options
    thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    I'm a hr.. plenty of dps I did an hour or two straight of a fast moving hr farm I never once saw anything other than the basic drop for he's. I haven't done another since. Im sticking to hunting treasure.
  • Options
    darkheart#6758 darkheart Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    Dc here, yes the drop rates for Turtle Moults are terrible. I have been running about 15 to 20 heroics a day in SOMI.

It seems like an average of 1 moult every 8 encounters completed. I did go 1 day with 20 runs, and 0 moults.

It also seems to me like since last patch on tuesday, the moults aren't dropping from treasure maps. 45 maps opened since thursday, and 0 moults. A few lanolin, but not worth the time and effort.

Could a dev please respond to this thread?
  • Options
    javviierjavviier Member Posts: 30 Arc User

Apologies if this has been answered before, but can't find it.

Having problems getting Dragon Turtle Moults to drop in Sea of Moving Ice heroics. I've done sufficient HCs to get Storm Giants to rank 5 in the campaign and have yet to see a single Moult. I'm a DC and a DC friend of mine is having the same experience. However, a GF friend came in to do heroics with us and got two drops in his first five HCs. A SW friend has got loads so far and hasn't done nearly as many HCs as I have.

Is this a bug? Am I just really unlucky? Are DCs cursed?

Any answers?

Not Bug at all... u just have to know this will answer all your questions.... RNG is RNG :)
  • Options
    Did heroics as a CW last night for 2 hours, got 1 spring water and 1 moult, this needs to be increased.
  • Options
    mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    I see PWE putting an item in the market place or in the bar trader down the road to make it 100% per a heroic, similar to the elemental weapon sets. If you want those weapons early on, you have to grind your booty off for them, meaning just grinding them and only them until you get what you need. This makes perfect sense from my PoV as that is the grind element right now in game for end game.

• Options
    darienblackhawkdarienblackhawk Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    25 in a row not even one FN moult this is the worst I've seen in any game and ive played just about every MMO since beta testing eq1
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited February 2017

Reporting back: four days later, loads more heroics. Still no Turtle Moult. C'mon. Fix this! You've had a whole maintenance now.

Say here if you're a DC having the same experience.

DCs have the same drop rate as DPS toons. I played a DC and CW through mod 10/10.5 content on PC and the drop rate for turtle moults was consistently terrible for both toons.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    jude#3765 jude Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    I did 5 Heroics in SOMI last week and got 5 moults. I did 30 this week and zero moults. This kind of drop rate sometimes make you feel that the game is becoming too tedious and idiotic, and then I see the same people posting moults by the hundreds in PS4 AH. I think this is ridiculous and unfair.

Zenith of Perfection (3850 Oathbound Paladin Tank)
    Assistant Guild Leader of Prestige Worldwide SH 13.
  • Options
    kinganuthinkinganuthin Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    My healadin gets a good drop rate. Got 3 boots and plenty of lano. My rogue, who has a much higher IL than my pally.. Sucky sucky drop rate.. He even prays to the god of luck!
    RNG..
  • Options
    umarachnea#5673 umarachnea Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    javviier said:

Not Bug at all... u just have to know this will answer all your questions.... RNG is RNG :)

Agreed. And RNG hates me...

I have to say though, even with Lanolin, sometimes I get 6-7 out of 10 heroics, other times I get none after 15... same with the moults.

That being said, you could go for the 100% guaranteed drop rate ---> Auction House... expensive, but saves you from being at the mercy of RNG.

@mebengalsfan#9264 forgot about those wands, and now that you mention it, I must say I agree it is probable.