test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How do you get high gear level?

I've been level 70 for a while and can't seem to progress because of low gear. My level is below 2000. How do I get around 3000? People say to level up enchantments to max level but when I try I get 40% success rate. Is enchantments the only way? I've seen purple gear that's higher level in trade but the stats are lower then the ones of my current gear. Do stats not matter, only gear level does?

Comments

• Options
    jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    Use 2 pieces of the dusk gear, and 2 pieces of the new wierd gear from dungeon chests that suit your stats, get an augument pet, buy a bunch of rank 8s.... twisted weapons to blue or purple, same with whatever artifact neck amd waist suits you, purple artifacts, orange main artifact... that's probably about 2,5k right there.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • Options
    playasinnombreplayasinnombre Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    kerahlee said:

I've been level 70 for a while and can't seem to progress because of low gear. My level is below 2000. How do I get around 3000? People say to level up enchantments to max level but when I try I get 40% success rate. Is enchantments the only way? I've seen purple gear that's higher level in trade but the stats are lower then the ones of my current gear. Do stats not matter, only gear level does?

Do your daily invokes as often as you can. Even if you only invoke 1time per day, every 11 days you buy a chest with a chance of a coalescent ward. Save your chests for 2x refinement events if you can. Some players save up & buy stacks of preservation wards to invoke. It CAN help if you are RNG lucky. Or it can be a waste of AD. Unless you have time to grind Sharandar & dread ring for RP, never try to upgrade without a ward. If you do have time, that can be a great source of AD. You may be able to buy rank 8's cheaper than you can craft them. Prices very by platform. Do not attempt to buy RP during a 2x RP event. Or for a week before. Or for 2 - 3 days after. May RNGeezus smile upon thee :smiley:

• Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    2k to 3k on your first character can be extremely slow so you definitely want to work out a pathway to achieve it.

Gear choices depend on your class but having a mix of Dragonflight and Drow is often best but use the collections window to work out which mix of pieces give you the best stats. Bear in min that Drow gear can radically change stat allocations when upgraded to Elemental.

Artifacts add a lot to IL, stats and utility. Use the feeder method (google Neverwinter artifact feeding) and get all four up to orange (r100) for now. You can finish them off once you achieve your initial goal of 3k.

You'll want all enchantments at rank 9. Check for current costs in the AH, you may find some cheaper ones but if not buy rank 8's and level them up yourself. Use Thaumaturgic stones - you get about 10 per day by running all 3 Sharandar campaigns which in a 2xRP event is about 50k refinement points per day so if you start now you'll have about 1.5 mill by the next event (March 2nd).

At 2k you won't have Twisted weapons so farm, make or buy the elemental ones - water or burning depending on class. They have the same stats as Twisted but a different set bonus.

You also need to have the 'right' armor and weapon enchantment and get them to Perfect. Unfortunately they use the same Thaums as your other enchantments so you'll need to prioritise.

It's also worth considering starting a second character for the purpose of farming simple things such as 3 man dungeons, Sharandar for Thaums and levelling up some professions, including Leadership for extra refinement.

Make some Dragonhoard enchantments from the Tyranny campaign board and put them in all utility slots - you'll get random refinement appearing in your inventory :)
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    for enchants using r5 of the same color as your enchant is 2x rp so it's also a good way to level up. 40 percent is actually not bad odds. use preservation wards except for 1% chance of upgrade.

and try to find a guild that can help you run thru the dungeons.