test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Scourge Warlock needs some fix and nerf.

artumbagaartumbaga Member Posts: 12 Arc User
Scourge Warlock are overpowered if "No pity, no mercy" Class feature power is working. At the moment, if activated, it only gives you combat advantage after critical strikes and doesn't give full damage of Hellish Rebuke. The main debuff of "No pity, no mercy", which makes Scourge Warlock a force to be reckoned with is not working. Supposedly it gives "%50 increase in damage dealt back to units affected by Hellish Rebuke". That in my opinion is OP, considering Scourge Warlock skills and builds already revolve around damage buff against targets. It would be nice to have it fixed but also nerfed in my opinion. I play as a Scourge Warlock myself and tested and perfected its class powers. I may be new to the game but that's what makes MMORPGs fun. Learning and perfecting your chosen class and seeking to be the best in it.

To other scourge warlock paingivers out there. Feel free to test the skill out on target dummies. It will open your eyes and make you rethink how Scourge Warlocks are OP in terms of paingiving.
PS. That's 2.5x for more Shard of Orcus wand gives you my friend. (Supposedly)
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    hadestemplar#9918 hadestemplar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    artumbaga said:

Scourge Warlock are overpowered if "No pity, no mercy" Class feature power is working. At the moment, if activated, it only gives you combat advantage after critical strikes and doesn't give full damage of Hellish Rebuke. The main debuff of "No pity, no mercy", which makes Scourge Warlock a force to be reckoned with is not working. Supposedly it gives "%50 increase in damage dealt back to units affected by Hellish Rebuke". That in my opinion is OP, considering Scourge Warlock skills and builds already revolve around damage buff against targets. It would be nice to have it fixed but also nerfed in my opinion. I play as a Scourge Warlock myself and tested and perfected its class powers. I may be new to the game but that's what makes MMORPGs fun. Learning and perfecting your chosen class and seeking to be the best in it.

To other scourge warlock paingivers out there. Feel free to test the skill out on target dummies. It will open your eyes and make you rethink how Scourge Warlocks are OP in terms of paingiving.

PS. That's 2.5x for more Shard of Orcus wand gives you my friend. (Supposedly)

You probably read:

No Pity, No Mercy: In addition to its current effect on Combat Advantage, this power now changes the way Hellish Rebuke functions. With this Class Feature slotted, Hellish Rebuke no longer deals damage over time. Instead, the initial hit of damage and any damage reflects caused by Hellish Rebuke deal 50% more damage.

Hellish rebuke in lose Damage over time(DoT). And its become burst like power.

So let say with this feature you hit 1000 dmg. Great isin't,
    Now without this feature you hit 500 dmg, Sucks? but hellish rebuke last 6s. and its trigger every 2 s. SO more less 3 ticks.
    And if math don't lie. 500 *3 = 1500..

This is just example how goes.

Now debuff side.. Where the hell you found debuff? On its own he have no debuff.
    Only offhands artifacts have extra feature, which add chance to trigger debuff which reduce enemies dmg resist by 5%. And its for short time duration .

Next, for hellish rebuke dmg boosting is only 1 way. and its furry tress feat, Gatekeeper empowerment. Which increase DoT << dmg effect 25%. But last time I heard it don't go well with this class feature, and thats why lot of furry warlocks don't bother with this class feature at all. They better use flame of empowerment.

So if this class feature make warlock OP, then don't panic when you check other classes, and their features.. :P
    ========================================================================
    “The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.
    Gustave Le Bon.

==================================================
  • Options
    Ooh.. I see haha thanks for the lesson guys. Just wrote the extra perfection part to get attention really. I've been looking at the skill itself to see how it work but never made sense. Now it does :p
  • Options
    artumbaga said:

Ooh.. I see haha thanks for the lesson guys. Just wrote the extra perfection part to get attention really. I've been looking at the skill itself to see how it work but never made sense. Now it does :p

Then probably you should also take small advice.

Don't compare classes on paper. Or by simply looking to certain powers only. Because is matter how powers goes in combo with other powers, and over all damage and not only dmg output..

And also never take seriously in score table in the end of dungeons. For example If I use more crowd control(CC) elements I give up dmg, but my assistance to party could be very big. However that score table do not count that in. Also score table do not count combat advantage, and I mean that I can help party by simply taking mobs attention and make sure that they will hit from side or back, and thus get combat advantage which increase their damage..
    Not mentioned over all combat tactic, and field controlling/manipulation are not counted in. Same goes for buffers,, they do not make high dmg, but their buff provided give party members high boost, same goes for the ones who use debuffs.

So score table don't count lot of game elements. Also there are mount, artifacts, and other element interaction which could produce extra stuffs..

You are new in neverwinter, so its understandable, and advice also would be, try research more when you think certain powers are broken...
    “The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.
    Gustave Le Bon.

• Options
    Advice much appreciated sir. :)
  • Options
    daccuradaccura Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    After my testing No Pity No Mercy should be always slotted. Second class feat is ACC ore Foe depending if you are fighting Trash or Boss. The real question is: Should I switch to a Vorpal.
  • Options
    terrasight#2000 terrasight Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    daccura said:

After my testing No Pity No Mercy should be always slotted. Second class feat is ACC ore Foe depending if you are fighting Trash or Boss. The real question is: Should I switch to a Vorpal.

Hellbringer -> Vorpal
    Soulbinder -> Dread

• Options
    daccura said:

It should and should not, all depend of your build and gameplay.

Some would say yes, this feature must be slotted, but also are warlocks who would give points why don't bother with this class feature..
    But I can assure that there is no Perfect answer, lot of depend on situation. :)

As for weapon enchants,, I would recommend to hold your horses. And better visit preview servers forum and if there is chance even visit preview server itself and there weapon enchants..
    Why do that? Because weapon enchants are not are in work of balancing, and in the end due changes output could be different than you expected.
    Gustave Le Bon.

• Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    I am sure warlock does not need or deserve any other nerf on top.
    This class is a sidenote atm, the setup for a fastrun is GF, DC, buffer mof CW, and now there are the GWF, TR, SW, Hunter who try to fight for the last spots.
    GWF pure DPS, Hunter also crazy DPS+longstrider 40% buff, Warlock DPS + buffs, TR solid focusdamage
    ...but a conqueror GF might be the better deal for the group same as a second DC regarding mSVA
    You should ask cryptic what the purpose of a striker in NWO is these days.
    Supporter classes are the strongest, followed by a tank class with striker-DPS and awesome tankyness.

Whoever points out that he beats every other class with his lock did not run enough dungeons and did not meet enough top players.
    The only builds i would considere to be overpowered atm is a Conqueror GF at endgame, fullfilling a tank- and dps- role at same time, a rightous DC/buffer and a CW considering his DPS and buff-abilities.
    But i won't call for a nerf..cryptic should spend it's poor resources on more important stuff.
  • Options
    kallephi#0836 kallephi Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited January 2017

The only builds i would considere to be overpowered atm is a Conqueror GF at endgame, fullfilling a tank- and dps- role at same time...

No. I can't fulfill the tank role in FBI os MSVA without 395 DCs spamming AA on my hdps GF.
    I can tank FBI in a group with 2 DCS hitting 18k recovery and spamming AA like there's no tomorrow, but that's not tanking in my opinion and I hate it since I don't consider myself a tank, I do it because this particular group doesn't like "wasting" slots. They don't like to invite 2 GFs nor they like to invite 2 DCs, but they do when I'm tanking.

I'm totally dps focused with 12k defense and 20% deflection chance. My dps is high but my tanking sucks. I can tank t1 and t2 dungeons but meh, we are talking about hard things, right?
    I met some real end-game conqueror tanks, they can barely do half my dps (because they are bad? Because I'm awesome? No, because they are TANKS and I'm DPS), so...no real Conqueror GF tank (when I say real, I say using defense companion, defense reinforcements, defense rings and stuff) can deal the same dps as a real hdps toon

Ly'saaera, Hellbringer Fury Scourge Warlock of Thieves World
    Hælja, Swordmaster Conqueror Guardian Fighter of Thieves World
  • Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    I met conqueror tanking mSVA/FBI so far , who got near striker dps and did their job ... and we know what it means to tank and deal that dps at the same time, only having short windows to cast your encounter. That´s my personal experience and it is not only one GF I met doing so.
    My Conqueror tank is full defence 95% DR, chicken, rustmonster, Dancing shield active, T Fey etc. He deals about 1/4 of a striker I would say, he is not BIS, but 3.5 IL with a solid companion ranked 6x11
    But in the end, if you look for those speedkill groups, there are:
    1 OP(actually tanking), 2 GF´s (tank/dps), 2DC, 1 Hunter, 2 CW, 1 GWF .... last slot I forgot maybe a warlock. This is more or less the setup thefab talks about and we all know about ourself.
    GF=dps/buff/tank
    Hunter = awesome dps atm, no clue why, stormwarden path i guess + longstrider 40%
    CW= all speak of MoF path, wich buffs the group up for pretty high effectiveness
    DC= no need to talk about
    GWF= in the right hands a very effective striker s we can see here https://youtu.be/sK7uNO-XoU8 same as warlock, Hunter SS CW can

GF, CW, DC are top atm and there is not much to discuss imo. I run a GF and a DC myself and there are not much classes wich are more popular/asked for as you know. But I do not call for any nerf, especially not for GF, since I have no problem with a dps GF... only if I see those guys tanking mSVA on top.
    I talk about the fact, that supporter classes/trees are BY FAR the most important and powerfull builds in this game , and if you try to get a step into MSVA your striker has exactly 3 spot out of 10 in case the group wants a perfect setup.
    So you have to stand against all those : destro-GWF, Hunter, TR, SS CW, dps GF, etc, who all could fit into this role, same as a third DC could....that´s what is reality in NWO.
    Post edited by schietindebux on
  • Options
    tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User
    well when there is AA around there isnt much tanking to begin with. I can tank FBI on my SW when i have a good ACDC backing me up