test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

PS4 - Help me understand what I saw on a Healadin?

ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
edited January 2017 in The Citadel
So I ran an eLoL yesterday - we had a random healadin in the group. This healadin had 2400ish item level, had no companion, and no bonding. This healadin somehow did 23mil in damage in that dungeon. There was also a random GWF in the group at about 2700IL that the healadin out DPSed. Both of them were actively engaged in the fighting and I didn't see anything unusually bad about the GWF.

At that low of an IL, with all ran5-7 enchants, no bonding and being listed as a healer - what could this individual have been doing to out DPS what appeared to be a tolerable GWF?

I did not see the healadin using CoP, Vow, Cure Wounds, Templars Wrath or Shield of Faith...
He had the freebie fire artifact weapons at purple.
Artifacts were - Pally sigil, GWF sigil, water, and I think the Lostmauth horn.

I sent the guy a message as soon as the dungeon was over asking what he was using and he immediately disconnected.

Any ideas what was happening? I usually don't see Pallys topping the DPS charts unless they have a higher IL than the other characters (or are the Tank)
Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

Comments

• Options
    trzebiat#2067 trzebiat Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    Boons and passives most likely. Burning Guidance, Healing Warmth and Aura of Courage has fixed amount of damage. If you didn't melt things fast enough and took more time I can see it being possible.
  • Options
    The whole run was only 20 minutes (longer than normal but no wipes) and most of that time was trying to get one of the other players across the lava jumps. I run Burning Guidance on my healadin and even in the masses of mobs in CN I don't get that much damage.
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• Options
    rubytruerubytrue Member Posts: 582 Arc User
    If he had high lifesteal, prism and burning guidance (and perhaps healing warmth), a DevOP that slots Vow of Emnity (even though you say you didn't see it, he may of still be running it as it is now harder to detect), Bond of Virtue, and Divine Touch can put out massive numbers, especially if they are running Aura of Courage or some other damaging aura.
  • Options
    I'll have to play with that on my healadin - like I said I've never seen numbers that high from a IL that low on a healadin unless everyone else was dead and they were left having to do a 40 minute scorpion kill. I will say that he didn't do much healing.

I was wondering if something was happening like the old glitch on the GF where they showed the damage that someone else was doing registering under them.

• Options
    rubytruerubytrue Member Posts: 582 Arc User
    If he didn't do much healing, then I am at a loss for what you saw. If I am in a group, I really don't slot any damaging powers; I generate DPS from healing.
  • Options
    rubytrue said:

If he didn't do much healing, then I am at a loss for what you saw. If I am in a group, I really don't slot any damaging powers; I generate DPS from healing.

I agree, all of my DPS on my healadin is from healing... the whole thing just baffled me. The guy did about 3 mil in healing and it was all passive (I never got a single heal from the guy and had to slot potions for the first time in forever) My BF was tanking and he had to keep using his daily (GF) to get life back.

Generally on my healadin in a Lostmauth with no wipes I do about 7 mil in healing and right around 1 mil DPS. I don't run damaging auras though - I'm all set up for buffing the teammates, not my own DPS. But even if I WAS trying to go DPS, I don't know where I would pull that much from.

This discussion has been closed.