test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Known Issue: Map not appearing in the editor

cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
Hey all,

We are aware that map images may not be showing up in the editor. We have a fix in place and hope to resolve the issue very soon. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Where maps may not appear:
"Add a new Custom Map" > Observe Map tab
Viewing the thumbnail of the map

Cheers,
Pin
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    zephyron76zephyron76 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    What is in error is the foundry mission entitled " Tower District Travails" ... i was the correct level and i entered the phase and defeated 1st mission kill 6 orcs then it asked me to follow t he yellow orbs. I did and went all the way to the glowing green castle and it did not do anything. Even on my way to the castle I didnt encounter any fights which i thought was weird. i just did this today at 2:00 CST 3-31-15. On the Dragon PC server. When the door would not open that was when i realized something must be wrong and i google'd it and it showed what i was to encounter. I hope i am reporting this in the correct location. thanks.
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    We are aware that map images may not be showing up in the editor. We have a fix in place and hope to resolve the issue very soon. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Yep. "...fix in place..." -- A YEAR and a half later -- nothing. Still bugged.

• Options
    instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    I was just thinking about this issue this morning.

I find that if you duplicate the map that it will appear.. for awhile. I've been continuously duplicating maps so that I can actually work on them.
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
  • Options
    instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    eldarth wrote: »
    Once you go into 3d preview it shows for the rest of the session as well.

I haven't experienced that.. but will try it out.
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • Options
    maegmaagmaegmaag Member Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    U can as well just exit and reenter the foundry editor when u r about to start doing something (not closing the client as a whole!), its faster ).
    dAuGVxU.png
    A bit nosy NW-DKG7E99X6
    "Hardcore" exploration journey and dungeon crawl. Read its description prior to trying it.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    I've noted that simply pushing alt a few times in preview might be enough to clear it.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    finmakinfinmakin Member Posts: 446 Arc User

Hey all,

Where maps may not appear:

"Add a new Custom Map" > Observe Map tab

Viewing the thumbnail of the map

Cheers,

Pin

As for todays date it is Bugged (the map icons, Item icons ect, ect are not showing up)
    Dev's should take a break from the everlasting dollar grinding en fix this issue..

Or remove it from game permanently

Ogguk The Beholder… Justicar Paladin Tank/ Healer
  • Options
    lisya23lisya23 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    I am a returning player, it's been a few years since I touched this game. I had this very issue when I went to try to check into the Foundry again. Is the Foundry even usable anymore? Anyone?
  • Options
    waynegrant1979waynegrant1979 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Just submitted a support ticket on not being able to find any type of assets in the foundry..maps, items, npc, ect. They said they dont provided support for the foundry. Soooo...um...yeah? No support from support team...they told me to post on forums which as I understand has moderators, community assistants, and possible gm's. But not actual dev members..so who and or when will this get fixed by? Because I will not spend a single U.S. penny on any game that cant provided full access when subscribed to it.

I appreciate its a F2P model..however I could give a hoot about that if I plan to subscribe and not get the full package. I am frustrated at this only because this game has been out for ever and now the foundry which was a big reason for me is not working since at least nov 2016, which for a working feature to be down for such a long period of time tells me the developers are not able to pay to maintain or just do not care to fix..either one of those reasons is a sure sign of a game dying.

So as I see post here from others that date back quite a bit, in this post and others with no response or fix, I assume that this will also go unanswered. I would be happily accept correction on my stance though, I actually would look forward to it.
  • Options
    kyotar#0878 kyotar Member Posts: 1 New User
    This is sad, as this ability was a huge motivation in my deciding to play.
  • Options
    darthshanso#3399 darthshanso Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    Ah! That's why I can't generate anything. I was thinking I was doing something wrong!

It's too bad the foundry is broken. I would have loved to create some content. Guess I'll have to look elsewhere...
This discussion has been closed.