test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Adding Sorting Features To The Quest Log

elthoriaelthoria Member Posts: 2 Arc User
I have played this game since 2014. On and off. Lots of things change. One that has not, unfortunately, is the clunky quest log. I am sure I lack vision on just how it could be more user friendly but a few things that I could wish for would be.

Alphabetical sorting a-z : ascending and descending
Zone by Zone
By Quest Giver

As I have said I am sure I am missing ones that might truly streamline the Questlog and would value any feedback and thoughts you guys might have.
I know some people seem to have little trouble with this, and I know I could delete all but the few current ones I am working on today. For me though, I have about 1-2 dozen at least in there at any time and it's truly a barrier to gameplay at times.

Your thoughts/suggestions?

Enchante

Comments

• Options
    jon#3112 jon Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Zone quest would be best in my opinion. You then see quest name and where it is easy. Questlines could have different tag as daily's same as stronghold quests.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    I agree the quest log needs some serious love.

I saw this a few years ago: Extra Credits - Quest Design I
    Check out 4:26.

While I would love to see the devs incorporate some of the other aspects of quest design discussed by the Extra Credits Team I would settle for at least some sorting features. After 11 modules there are hundreds of daily quests which just FILL the quest log in one massive wall of text. I wouldn't be surprised if some people have more quests than items in their inventory and it is a monster to deal with in it's own right.
  • Options
    cattman5cattman5 Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    Oh ya. This is a major pain. I have guildies that just flat out refuse to hit the "j" key as they hate to even look at that screen. They need to at least separate the quest by zones in bold and name the zone the quest is for.
  • Options
    ukulele#3006 ukulele Member Posts: 1 New User
    I agree. The quest log is awkward and clumsy. Nothing more frustrating than trying to find a quest whose name you can't recall buried in a long unsorted list.

Should be able to sort it by zone, difficulty and alphabetical. I'd also like to be able to click or double-click on a quest in the log and have the map open.
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User

I agree. The quest log is awkward and clumsy. Nothing more frustrating than trying to find a quest whose name you can't recall buried in a long unsorted list.

Should be able to sort it by zone, difficulty and alphabetical. I'd also like to be able to click or double-click on a quest in the log and have the map open.

This thread is kind of old, but they have said in some recent livestreams that sorting the quest log is on their to do list. IIRC they said it's not happening for a while though (and as usual they didn't archive that stream on twitch : | )
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    Simple tabs along the side of the journal.. both sides, as needed. Separate the quests out by zones (IWD, WoD, DR, SKT, SH, etc.).

That should be fairly quick and easily done, and a massive QoL improvement for the players.

My main has at least two dozen quests, if not more, in his journal.
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79