test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Threat Indication for OP Tank

valkosvalkos Member Posts: 34 Arc User
Hi Guys

I've got to lv 70 and started to run dungeons now, grouping a lot more than my solo time to lv 70.

I'm using binding oath to help pull mobs towards me in a dungeon and I'm not seeing the red X's that you would see with GF abilities. Does this mean I have the mobs threat, or do all our abilities simply not show as crosses if we have threat?

Comments

• parrotzilla#5182 parrotzilla Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    We dont sadly, you could start using oath strike to get more threat, and maybe aura of radiance or vengeance, or if you have the AD, get yourself a dread warrior everyhit you get, you have a chance to generate more threat, so it's nice for starting pallies. If you want to mark em use Bane, with 3 marks on the same mob, it does 30% less damage, and takes 30% more damage, but i would recomend using it only on bosses :D
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    valkos said:

Hi Guys

I've got to lv 70 and started to run dungeons now, grouping a lot more than my solo time to lv 70.

I'm using binding oath to help pull mobs towards me in a dungeon and I'm not seeing the red X's that you would see with GF abilities. Does this mean I have the mobs threat, or do all our abilities simply not show as crosses if we have threat?

The red Xs denote that you marked a target, putting a debuff on enemies and giving guranteed combat advantage no matter where you stand. It's pretty much a GF and GWF exclusive feature (Bronzewood isn't a marking effect, and the War Boar's mark lacks the Combat Advantage aspect of usual marks).

OPs don't have any marking effects.

Anyways, if you press Tab/Binding Oath/use Oath Strike, as long as the enemies run towards you and attack you, you're aggroing them.

Dread Warrior and a Lightning can also help you with aggro if you noticed that your aggro is lacking.

(btw, I've noticed as a GF that if you use ET on enemies, when you aggro them, they get a Metal Gear-esque exclamation mark on their heads. I haven't tried it with Binding Oath... perhaps it works on BO too).

• valkosvalkos Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    Hi Guys

Thanks for the responses, I'll keep a closer eye on the mobs when I'm in groups if they are really facing me but at least I know not to look for the 'X's.