test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Video Request

mtcoffeemtcoffee Member Posts: 23 Arc User
I am looking for a youtube video of a Oathbound Paladin of Protection face tanking Orcus with 4 DPS in mod 10.5.
In video if you would so kind as to show your item level just for the audience get an idea of how much time would and effort would be invested. If you have to use or are using a particular mount power that is legendary please show that as well if you wouldn't mind.

Comments

• Options
    jaime4312#3760 jaime4312 Member Posts: 844 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    mtcoffee said:

I am looking for a youtube video of a Oathbound Paladin of Protection face tanking Orcus with 4 DPS in mod 10.5.
    In video if you would so kind as to show your item level just for the audience get an idea of how much time would and effort would be invested. If you have to use or are using a particular mount power that is legendary please show that as well if you wouldn't mind.

As you want to see the OP's tanking capacity you should request the players not to use tanking pets at all otherwise you may get quite a few videos of young yetis carrying the pally! There are tanky ones out there of course.
  • Options
    waywardwizard#4349 waywardwizard Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    "Tanky ones" is a bit tricky when it comes to protop. As you know its all about stacking layers of health/shields. On my paladin I dont have a tank pet ( as mentioned above the yeti tanks orcus just fine and pretty much carries the paladin). My best Orcus runs of late have been with Circle of Power, Templar's Wrath and Touch of Faith with SoF daily, AoC/AoW passives and SS/RS as at wills. Esp ToF has been crucial because I run mostly public queue groups and I dont want to make the healer of the team feel bad(if he is lower item level) or rely on a very powerful AC/DC to carry us via AA spam.

Id love to be able to use Bane or BO instead of ToF but Orcus senses that and starts to one shot me :smile: . Keep in mind there is a very lousy bug(i guess) making us drop out of combat in the middle of.. combat. When that happens all temp hp goes away. This is very dangerous after the zombie adventurers phase as during the transition when orcus lands my pal always leaves combat and if i don't have a temp hp generator up I'm a goner.

Also very important, perhaps the most important which is kinda sad imho, the most crucial aspect of my success face tanking orcus comes in the form of a legendary paranoid delusion equipped with 3 rank12 bonding runes which boost my overall power to over 100k without buffs from other players and my crit and arm pen are also sky high. With that and while standing in CoP I generate a lot of temp hp via TW. That is how I tank orcus currently.

I know you asked for a video guide but I dont record stuff.. Still I wanted to share
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    I'm still waiting for the opportunity to test it, my pug runs since the mod drop have all had a DC which is nice but doesn't help me test the build.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    parrotzilla#5182 parrotzilla Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    youtube.com/watch?v=rlpupJ0x8uw

Here you go, just recorded that couple mins ago, made CN with a friend (Dani CW 3900 ilevel) and some randoms,They happened to be on the begining of the fight, not sure what ilvl randoms where, but im sure theywere about 2.6 - 3k .

Note: I had the Defense and Power GUILD BOON, thats 6000 defense and 6000 power and Bondings r12
  • Options
    mtcoffeemtcoffee Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    I'm glad you posted however you might not understand what I'm asking. I want to see it tanked without annoited army.
  • Options
    waywardwizard#4349 waywardwizard Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Indeed, my runs mostly look like the video parrotzilla posted. Usually the public queue matches a cleric for the party and that cleric is mostly AC. Honestly I have taken direct hits from Orcus with CoP, Temp HP and without AA. Its doable but you definitely feel his damage and I really need my two temp hp generators for those moments.

Also the fight can be made much easier if the party stops attacking when orcus prepares a special attack (he raises his arms). Pausing your attacks at that moment will usually stop his special attack too, so no green spheres of doom etc.
  • Options
    Tanking him without AA is really hard man, he can still 1 hit me sometimes,we can no longer depend on BO to tank, before i had enough recovery to keep casting it, i could tank Orcus without a healer lol, but now it's harder, i haven't tried FBI but im sure im getting 1 hit there lol

here's a video tanking him with a premade group, but everything went down the drain when he summoned the spheres lol died but used an scroll to revive,everyone died exept for the rogue, ended up killing him with the Rogue, with no cleric, you can see me tanking him for like half a minute?, without a AA, it's do able, but hard :( to tank him without AA through the whole fight you would need a lot of DR, HP and some big DPS , at 3:46 he killed everyone exept for the rogue, there i tank him without the DC

youtube.com/watch?v=xu1Lko-K3Qo

here's a video with two big DPS, and 2 clerics, they kill him so quick, im barely doing anything lol

youtube.com/watch?v=K4J794aJhzk
  • Options
    trzebiat#2067 trzebiat Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    Since I've respec from Dev to Prot all my pug runs were with AC DC (I really wonder what happened with all Healadins, do they get matched with GF or something?), but AA is mostly needed at the beginning to survive first hits before bondings and negation kick in, after that I'm good unless balls show up. But recently I got into a run with DO DC I haven't seen for a long time. The party was me 3700, 3600 GWF friend, 2400 DC and two DPS around 3k IL. I have 190-200k HP, only 50% DR before bondings and Perfect Negation. Con Artist as summoned with R11 bondings (only one R10 Azure for defense), Chicken, Rust Monster, Earth Archon and Young Yeti. Encounters - Bane, Circle of Power and Templar's Wrath (I forgot to put Absolution before fight), starting with Temp HP from CoP+TW before the cutscene, Divine Call for another 10% DR, Shield of Faith, Bane, Radiant Strike, TW and then CoP. I think I also switched back to DC Sigil, spamming SoF whenever ready. After first few hits that dropped all my Temp HP once or twice, when bondings and Negation were on, my Temp HP didn't get below max HP anymore. I'm yet to try it without healer and just 4 DPS. Before nerf it was too easy with Binding Oath.
  • Options
    jipoux#4229 jipoux Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Nice teamplay and video. Now I have a question, what build does you play FBI? Especially the first phase with the giants and the bears? I am paladin 3k2 and I really have difficulty to pass. At the moment I use CoP / TW / Bane, AoT / AoW, SoF / DP
  • Options
    Haven't done FBI yet, been farming AD on my alts like crazy to get full r10 on my pally, but i have been told is pretty hard on us.