test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Lanolin drop rates is just rediculous

I have been grinding away doing HE in Cold Run for about 2 hours and have only acquired 1 lanolin. I mean really!! 1? Everything in this game is like pulling teeth (after you reach a certain level) and just when you think you have finally gotten something worthwhile they pull the rug from under you. Drop rate for lanolin should be better then it is currently for the sake of those who enjoy the game and wish to continue playing it. Does anyone that make changes to the game actually reading this forum or is all this falling on deaf ears?

Comments

• Options
    oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    Do treasure maps instead. Youll get more sellable drops that you can sell amd use the ad to buy lanolin.
  • Options
    caelia#3631 caelia Member Posts: 140 Arc User

Do treasure maps instead. Youll get more sellable drops that you can sell amd use the ad to buy lanolin.

Treasure maps?
  • Options
    rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User

Treasure maps?
    Comes in Sea of Moving Ice expansion, which I am unsure if PS4 users have.

You would fish in SoMI. If you were fishing in a special fishing zone and got lucky, you could get a treasure map.

The treasure maps have... better... Lanolin droprates, in addition to other materials needed for the new Relic weapons.

• Options
    Oh ok .... we don't have that expansion just yet on the ps4, but I do appreciate the tip :)
  • Options
    ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    We get that expansion the 17th I think
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• Options
    I've gone 0-15 lanolin farming in lonelywood on the regular, I'm not sure what they're thinking. Yesterday I went about 2-26. That's about an hour of mindless clicking, not having fun, per lanolin.

This game is supposed to be fun, why not make it more quest based, do one of the heroics, it could even be a specific one, in each of the 3 zones, get a lanolin, repeat the quest as often as you like (or even once a day if you want to time gate it and not burn people out), sometimes the lanolin drops as a bonus from the heroics.
  • Options

I've gone 0-15 lanolin farming in lonelywood on the regular, I'm not sure what they're thinking. Yesterday I went about 2-26. That's about an hour of mindless clicking, not having fun, per lanolin.

This game is supposed to be fun, why not make it more quest based, do one of the heroics, it could even be a specific one, in each of the 3 zones, get a lanolin, repeat the quest as often as you like (or even once a day if you want to time gate it and not burn people out), sometimes the lanolin drops as a bonus from the heroics.

I agree
  • Options
    morgrim66morgrim66 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    Yes! Please give Lanolin or other relic refinement materials as a quest reward! Add it to the loot drop for the weekly Quests in Storms Kings thunder or Sea Of Moving Ice. That would be awesome.
    Morria Grim 16,133 DC
    Morgrim Orcbane 16,530 CW
    Bloodlust Barbie 15,646 OP Tank
  • Options
    mrmakeithappen#7220 mrmakeithappen Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    It's funny because I get lanolin to drop like crazy in bryn shander for me when I'm trying to get those damn elusive boots. Seems I have all the lanolin but no boots and everyone else is the opposite. I'm hoping that I can get the boots to drop before everyone moves on from farming in bryn shander. It's getting old farming HE with these asinine drop rates which to me was part of the problem with this last mod. If I don't get what I need soon I'm just gonna be done with it and wait for mod 11 to drop cuz it looks real promising. Even though that has created an absolute <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> storm on the pc preview forum
  • Options
    homunculu#4524 homunculu Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    So, these are my numbers with mod 10.5:
    LANOLIN
    Lonelywood, 1hour farming, 18 encounters = 1 lanolin;
    Cold run, 1 hour farming, 12 encounters = 0 lanolin;

TURTLE MOULT
    1:15h famirng, 12 encounters = 0 turtles;
    1 hour farming, 8 encounters = 1 turtle;

MAP IN A BOTTLE
    2:30 farming, 10 bottles, half of them with fishes, 1 lanolin and some refinement stones.

IDK if ARC wants me to leave the game, because, thats probably what I'll do, every day I see more people leaving the game. I know mmorpgs r about farming, but fair farming, and not mindless and ridiculous farming. I'm a very active player, imagine players that can only play at weekends, or players with more then 1 char. I used to play others mmorpgs, and when a new mod cames out people that have been inactive use to come back, but in this game its the opposite, active players like me gets frustrated with the low dropping ratings and simple leave the game.