test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How viable is to stack "reflect damage"?

vincentr6669vincentr6669 Member Posts: 235 Arc User
I've been thinking how OP is the class that has most of "reflect damage" abilities, so i thought how would be that combined with reflect damage abilities from other sources.

1)Divine Call: Protector
2)Aura of Vengeance
3)Binding Oath
4)Divine Protector (this one only works as reflect if you can reflect the damage redirected from your party to you)
5)Blacksmith companion
6)Briartwine enchant
7)Greater Everfrost set (shirt + pants) if you have Deflect higher than Life Steal and if Deflect procs
8)Any boon that deals damage when you Deflect
9)Avalanche boon
10)Augmented Thayan Bastion boon

Some of these aren't exactly "reflect incoming damage". Some, like Deflect boons, only deal a fixed amount of damage instead of a percentage of enemy's damage, but i decided to include them nevertheless.

Am i missing other reflecting stuff? Is this any useful?

Comments

• Options
    rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User

I've been thinking how OP is the class that has most of "reflect damage" abilities, so i thought how would be that combined with reflect damage abilities from other sources.

1)Divine Call: Protector
    2)Aura of Vengeance
    3)Binding Oath
    4)Divine Protector (this one only works as reflect if you can reflect the damage redirected from your party to you)
    5)Blacksmith companion
    6)Briartwine enchant
    7)Greater Everfrost set (shirt + pants) if you have Deflect higher than Life Steal and if Deflect procs
    8)Any boon that deals damage when you Deflect
    9)Avalanche boon
    10)Augmented Thayan Bastion boon

Some of these aren't exactly "reflect incoming damage". Some, like Deflect boons, only deal a fixed amount of damage instead of a percentage of enemy's damage, but i decided to include them nevertheless.

Am i missing other reflecting stuff? Is this any useful?

I know Dread4moor is going to kill me for saying this... but I personally think that Reflect damage is barely useful. You will never beat out a true DPS player with Reflect damage alone. You might find your passives (Aura of Courage) and some of your attacks (Divine Judgement or Smite + Sacred Weapon) dealing more damage than all of these reflect sources.

But if you're trying to use the Reflect damage to trigger lifesteal?

It might be useful for a tank.

• Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    A thing to consider is if (like me) you run TW and BL and can spam them very quickly in mobs, the mobs spend most of their time not attacking you as they are stunned.

On bosses the Briartwine viable if your defensive capabilities are already high enough to not need a Negation but you should also consider if using Vengeance would reduce the effectiveness of your group compared with Courage?

Again, if most of your team isn't taking damage due to either a boss fight where you are the only one getting hit, or mobs which are mostly stunned, wouldn't Courage increase the total damage output of your team by comparison?

Binding Oath is a staple but is regarded as a 'shield that bursts' rather than reflect, but you may also want to study the impact of how BO impacts on Briartwine and Vengeance. I've not seen anything about it but there's the possibility that BO may negate damage reflection (it may not but I don't believe it's been tested - my logic being that if damage is being 'absorbed' it may not register for reflection 'feedback'). An easy way to test this would be to go to IWD with a friend, choose different factions, turn on Vengeance, hit BO and tell him to hit you. If he takes damage whilst BO is up then it works - same for Briartwine.

Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    vincentr6669vincentr6669 Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    rjc9000 said:

But if you're trying to use the Reflect damage to trigger lifesteal?

Does reflect damage trigger lifesteal? Interesting... I read in some discussion around The Citadel that Life Steal triggers Prism, so reflect damage supposedly would go very well with LS and Prism.

And thanks for the answers guys!