test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What SKT has done to lots of peoples and how mod10 and 10.5 to come are extremely disapointing.

destrowoddestrowod Member Posts: 484 Arc User
This is a message written by a guildmate. With his permission and all names edited (some where personal names) i would like to share it to you. He write better than me but i have the same feeling as he does. And since i learned yesterday that Tanks will once again be nerf (go figure why) i tough it was even more true right now. SKT have been very disapointed to me. I do love the visuals, the music, i love snowy environements, but once the fun of running the quest for the first time and discovering the story has worned off, it became just such a chore and a bad one. I had to force myself hard to even grind enough to enter FBI and finish it once for the achievements and being able to say i did it. Let alone farm for the pieces of gears or whatever. Its been 3 weeks i don't even do the weeklies or dailies, im sick of it, and it gives nothing beside voninblood. Not even ADs like other weeklies, no thaum stones like sharandar etc... I feel im grinding for the sake of grinding. Lets just be honest, i already decided to say "no thank you" to the new weapons and all it takes for the grind. Im just hoping to be able to do the achievements and be done with it as soon as i can. But enough with me, here is the post from my friend

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have resisted making any posts here until I sorted out my emotions, fully understanding what I'm feeling and more importantly, why I'm feeling these emotions about events that has occurred since the introduction of mod 10. So I had to take a page out of xxxxx playbook and write a mini novel. So I hope you will bear with me. Let me begin with this simple statement.

Fangbreaker Island has ruined this game.

I hate what Fangbreaker Island has done to the NW community. Before this content came out, if you were over 3k item level, you had no problem getting invited to run content. You could run every piece of content with guildies, with alliance members, or with randoms and rarely encounter any problems. With the introduction of Fangbreaker Island, something unintended happened: it created a two-tiered system. You have those who could find a group, and those who couldn't. Generally those who could run were 4k il (or knocking on 4k il) and above. Being a 3.3k anything isn't going to cut it. It isn't getting me invited to alliance groups (on the rare occasion someone posts for FBI). It isn't getting me invited to groups searching in zone chat. It sure as hell ain't getting me into pug groups (I don't know how many times I pug queued for FBI for it to sit there for 30 mins, just for it to remove me from queue). My other only option (besides dropping more money on this game through official and/or non-official channels which I'm not going to do) is to rank up my gems. And unless I start crapping r10 radiants, azures, darks & brutals (which last I checked it surely was not) it is going to take time. Enough time that I will be forever playing catch up.

The last time I felt this helpless was with the introduction of Rise of Tiamat. I could run the quests in Well of Dragon, but when it came to Tiamat I was weak, undergeared and underpowered, thus a liability. I was so because most of the powerful players at the time looted & booted people from dungeons, preventing people like me from getting our higher-tiered gear, crippling me even before I can begin. I hate having content in a game that I can't access, that I can't run on a regular basis.

The grind to get enough lanolin to restore your relic boots (if you're lucky to get them to drop) was painful. You need to run FBI weekly to get the purple resin necessary to restore your other armor pieces, pieces which have a chance to drop from running FBI. I can't run FBI on a regular basis so, no chance for armor drop or purple resin. That means there's no point in running heroics for lanolin. And now with mod 10.5 just less than a week away, the grind is about to get worse. And the 10-man raid? We know waht'll probably happen: a team of high il players will join forces with another team of high il players, and leave the rest of the player base to fend for themselves. If the only way that I can get into that 10-man raid is if the team is missing one player and their 33rd & 34th choice was offline, meaning they have to resort to the 'others' rolodex and my name was the first to come up (meaning I'll get in by next year October) i don't know how much longer I'll play this game.

I hate what Fangbreaker Island has done to me. About a month ago an alliance member asked for 1 dps & 1 healer for FBI. xxxx asked for invite and got into the group. I asked for an invite on my pally. Nothing. Not a word, not a notice that all spots were filled. I found out that they were running when I checked the roster and saw xxxx was running FBI. Yeah, I wasn't a happy camper. Then xxxx posted that she got her armor piece from FBI in guild chat. I should have been happy for her but my first though was "HOW DARE SHE? HOW DARE SHE FLAUNT THAT IN MY FACE?" I was furious and angry. xxxx, who has been so kind & understanding, in that moment, made me angry. Suffice to say, I couldn't play NW for the rest of the day, and I couldn't join party chat that day. When I look back on that day, what scares me is the amount of vitroil this game illicted from me, and how easily (in thought only fortunately) I turned on a friend.

I hate what Fangbreaker Island has done to our Guild. With the recent departure of xxxx & xxxx to another guild (as well as xxxx & xxxx) I had to come to terms with my thoughts on this. I have seen all the well wishes from other guildies, and I do share the same sentiment. However, I must also acknowledge that I am hurt. I am hurt. Why? i don't know when it happened, but I have come to look at my guild as my online family. Sam helped run me through my first epic Cragmire Crypts where I got 2 or 3 pieces for my control wizard. xxxx &xxxx helped many of us get through epic Grey Wolf Den for the first time. Then in the evenings HAMSTER would get a party together and we'd run the gauntlet: Shores, Kessels, ELOL, Malabog, Valindra, ECC, ETOS and EGWD. When Castle Never was introduced, I (on my CW) went in with xxxx,xxxx, xxxx & xxxx. First attempt went horrible. The second attempt was a battle for the ages. Orcus was glitched, so he was taking very little damage. We fought him for over half an hour before beating him. Another group, in the same party chat as us, had fought and beaten Orcus three times and were on their fourth run during that time. I'm glad I haven't encountered that Orcus since then. xxxx & xxxx were also responsible for my first successful run through FBI. When you lose members from your guild, your family it's not a good day. This mod alone we've seen 1, 2 and 3 guys leave NW while others have joined new guilds. I know xxxx & xxxx are not gone, but it will be weird to inspect them and not see my guild's name underneath their name.

Our Guild is now lacking tanks. We had a 4k tank that we recruited whom we couldn't keep. We had a 4k tank in our guild that in the end we couldn't keep. xxxx is progressing, but it'll be a while before she'll be able to enter FBI. xxxx last I heard was under the gun for writing commitments, so he hasn't been on in a while. xxxx is home with his newborn son and barely plays at the moment. When he's on, he's playing Minecraft or a game that he can drop at a moment's notice to care of his son. And xxxx He was progressing nicely with his tank, but they was constantly criticized by randoms, alliance members & players with 4k il that he stripped him and now plays his warlock. I would love to be able to run FBI with a team from my Guild, but with no tank, I don't see that happening anytime soon.

I am now at the point where the thought of walking away has crossed my mind. During Black Friday when I renewed my VIP for 3 months i told Lilly that I would see what happens in the next 90 days and decide whether to renew or not. I now have about 44 days left, and when it runs out I'm considering to not renew it, and go play another game for a while. Lord knows I've restarted The Witcher 3 at least three times since I've forgotten the controls, perpetually stuck in the starting zone. I will give the new mod a try, but if things don't change, if I can't get into any of the new content, then I will have to walk away from NW, then decide if I want to come back to this.

So in conclusion: to xxxx: Thank you for being you, and whatever happens in the next few months know that you have a friend for life despite a fleeting thought I had in a moment of weakness. To xxxx & xxxx: despite my mixed emotions, I do wish you the best and... thank you. Know that it will take a while to get used to the new reality. To my fellow Guildmates: I'm still here in the foreseeable future. I still have gifts to share. I will be on a bit later and we can share them amongst ourselves.

I wish I could end this on a more positive note, but the fact remains: Fangbreaker Island has changed this game. Fangbreaker Island has changed me. Fangbreaker Island has done a number to our guild without most of its members even setting foot in it.

Fangbreaker Island has ruined this game.

I'm starving. I'm going to get something to eat.

Comments

• mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User
    There already existed a two tier system.
    It consisted of those 3k+ characters who could queue for stuff like CN and not get booted, and those deemed of insufficient quality who could queue for ages and get booted before the first encounter, based only on their IL.

I simply don't bother with SKT.
    Aside from the headache the background gives me, the dailies are dull, and I have no interest in progressing in something I find dull.
    I, (and most everyone else,) have defeated Orcus, Demogorgon, Baphomet and Tiamat. I've fought and defeated hundreds of Dragons, and Liches, and put paid to the plans of the cults of Elemental Evil.
    And you want me to... chop wood and go fishing? You want me to knock on the doors of lazy guards and...
    ...sorry.
    Bored already.

I'll happily forego the boons and items associated with the campaign, cos I play games for fun.
    The thing is, there's still loads of fun to be had playing NW without playing all the content.

If FBI is all you've got to enjoy, then its probably time to either move to a new game, or focus on a new charäcter.

I think that when 10b launches the designers should take a step back and rather than looking for the next big thing maybe look at just introducing a raft of new Trials, Dungeons and Skirmishes. Clever mechanics and villains that need out-thinking as much as dumping millions of DPS on them.

Remind people that getting BiS is second to enjoying themselves by offering variety at all stages of character growth.

Fangbreaker Island has only ruined the game if you let it.
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    I actually agree with both posts lol. I've found SKT so tedious that I've virtually ignored it. I've just started doing the dailies again on my pally (when I've done everything else I want to do in the day) just to tick the boons off.

I would probably farm for the gear if it didn't require maintenance, but it does. This killed the prospect of me going for it even before the mod arrived. It's also pretty cheap of them to offer shirts & pants with EF resistance that have worse stats than the ones made via professions and are several mods old.

I do actually see mod 10 as a repeat of the failure of mod 6 to engage, entertain and give the players what they want. With the key changes now due this will amplify the feeling and as with mod 6 I expect to see an exodus of players.

Personally, I will finish the campaign board on one character then ignore it. What I will say is that if Cryptic do not deliver an improved experience by mod 11 they may as well turn off the servers.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
    Long term I doubt the key changes will make much difference.
    In six months, there will be enough people who see it as the norm, and any talk of how in the olden days we used to be able to look into a chest before choosing whether or not to use a key will be met with incredulity.
    Players who leave cos of that will just be making room at the top.

The campaign material is more of a concern, and not because of the rewards.
    SKT feels disassociated from the rest of the game.
    I'm back to menial tasks... I can't use a fishing rod from Winter Fest in SKT... I need some weird anti cold stat on top of everything else on my character, I... can't be arsed.

I neither know nor care if FBI is any good, cos I'm 2.8k, but if its as uninteresting as the background campaign dailies I'm missing nothing.
    I got the first boon and then looked at the second... 6000 voninblood???
    What???
    I don't mind a grind, but... sorry... I'd rather fight Redcaps than run round a white landscape with awful perspective points looking for random HEs.

Adding to the daily grind by forcing upkeep on equipment is not a way to keep players invested.
    A good plot with sensible storylines and engaging characters is where you start. Then the process of completing the quests.
    What do I mean by sensible?
    Pretty much half the Bryn Shander Dailies could be completed by someone shutting the HAMSTER gate.
    Catty Cheese and her mates sitting in the warm and sending The Hero of Neverwinter to chop firewood and catch fish is the last resort of a writer running out of ideas.
    I don't known if it gets better cos I cancelled my season ticket to the frozen waste when my new fishing rod suddenly won't work.
    ITS A HAMSTER FISHING ROD. Its a pole with a piece of string.
    What is wrong with the one I spent two days crafting in the Festival? Why will it not catch the exact same breeds fish in a frozen lake any more?
    It makes no sense...

A bit of imagination in developing the storylines and quests is needed for long term interest... not just dressing old ideas up in furs and bumping the power levels.
    More skirmishes, trials and dungeons.
    Get rid of the ones no one plays if necessary, but give group players more options than "EToS or CN guys?"
    Either make the rewards on the old ones match the few that get played, or bring new ones in that aren't BETTER than CN or ETOS, but are on a par based on the time spent vs reward ratio.

But make them intelligent. Come up with some clever combat mechanics that prove a challenge even when you've done it a hundred times. And I don't mean by just having more one-shot death mongers.

I honestly doubt I'll ever finish SKT.
    But while the game has other fun stuff to do I'll keep playing.

I just hope that future add ons are less "by numbers" and more imaginative.
  • zman81420zman81420 Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    So you are under geared, that's the takeaway here. The time it took to read this post I could have farmed 50k refinement in sharandar. Word of advice here, it is you that makes others desire to invite you not the other way around. Keep working hard, level enchants on mindless <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and keep trucking or move on. Mod 10 is just a stepping stone.
    Guardian Fighter: SM Conqueror

[]Full Metal Witch[]
    4149 TiL
    Guild: (X1) The Legendary Outlaws

"The Best of the Best"
    "Nobody does it better"
    #TLO BiS
    To be honest, since the insta-booters all seem to have buggered off to FBI, I've found it a lot easier to PUG CN and such like...
    Don't seem to get booted for being too low IL any more, and frequently get invites to queue groups off the back of successful runs.
    Maybe there's a correlation between IL and disdain for lower IL?
    Maybe there will one day be a 4.9k dungeon, that never gets done because the only players with a high enough IL to take part boot themselves in the first encounter for not being good enough?
  • destrowoddestrowod Member Posts: 484 Arc User
    zman81420 said:

So you are under geared, that's the takeaway here. The time it took to read this post I could have farmed 50k refinement in sharandar. Word of advice here, it is you that makes others desire to invite you not the other way around. Keep working hard, level enchants on mindless HAMSTER and keep trucking or move on. Mod 10 is just a stepping stone.

Lol i don't think having all mythics, all legendary and rank 11s and 12s is "undergear". My friend who written the post may be a bit on some characters(but he does have a main higher) but i am certainly not. And yet i find no fun in that dungeon. Well just the simple fact to be a GWF can make you being left out of FBI as peoples prefer SW in general from what i saw.

I feel the peoples defending such content is the biggest problem of this game. I know there is some 4k+ guys in GH20 that have been sitting on there butt for months because they had no problem spending 2000-3000 or even more $ on a single game. That shouldn't be an indication tough of whats needed to progress. Those peoples probably had ONLY this to do and maybe they didn't mind the grind. Most players don't.

And as a guy put it above, even if SKT is the only thing you have to do, now that i think of it yes a bunch of quest are pretty boring. The general plot was fine with the giants and the ring of winter, but fishing, chopping woods and so on should only be side stuff to gather gold or festival things.

Speakig of the fishing pole, yeah i heard the orange won't work for the next mod? thats weird. I made another purple just in case, but talk about not putting attention to your game from the devs. Thats a small thing that shouldn't had happen.

• stercesderisedstercesderised Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    Having a two tiered+ community has been around since launch. Obviously you weren't here during that time, as there were many people who couldn't complete the original CN. Hell...there were a solid number of people who were clueless when it came to dungeons like SP.

What happened was the OP class dropped w/ perma bubble that rendered all content trivial for a good 6 months, followed up by Underdark material that catered to the "casual" player (aka players who suck and do nothing to LEARN to get better), dumbing down current content to the point its more about a lucky dice roll than skill. Basically, progression barely mattered because the content was so friggin easy....

Anyone complaining about FBI either just have not developed their character enough or correctly, or worse picked up / bought the correct gear but don't have the skill (or ability to learn)

What would be great is if more folks put more time into learning how to play the game, and try to understand core game mechanics (starting with "red is bad" and "understand core aggro mechanics"), as opposed to coming in here crying about difficulty level.

This type of cry me a river, lets dumb everything down HAMSTER is why video games suck in general now a days. Unskilled players just want the best gear without the time/skill req'd to achieve it....
  • iccyasdiccyasd Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Just want to say thats really a very long post lol!

Anyway as you can see from my signature i have a max ilvl GF (i wanted those gears so the ilvl isnt the highest), i have finished my campaign for STK on GF & CW, i have yet to actually run FBI. i simply just dont care about those relic armor or lanolin, you can always get it cheaper later in the game/mod, 1-2 mod away they would probably removed vonidblod charging on the armor & lanolin is gonna flood the AH when everyone has no use of them anymore. (same like what happen to black ice)

The next thing ppl are gonna rush for its gonna be those 2 new artifact weapons on mod10.5, looking at PC forum post i think its probably gonna take us years to complete it lol, so take it easy man there are no rush when things doesnt work out for them they would make it easier to obtain.

How long did it take them to place twisted weapons in lockbox? 5-6months?
    Main - IccyAsd Lvl70 (GF 4249)
    Alt - Freaya Lvl70 (CW 33XX)
    Alt - Demonic Iccy Lvl70 (TR 27XX)
    Guild - Windows Central (GH14)
  • lionsarered#4865 lionsarered Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    I sympathize with the guy's concerns.
    <p style="color:dark green;"> SHOOT THE CRIT - HR 4234</p>
    <p style="color:dark yellow;">Chilling - DC 2779</p>
    <p style="color:crimson;">Samhain - SW 4200</p>

<b> <p style="color:orange;">Rolling Twenties GH 20</p>
  • haylenorehaylenore Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    My gaming buddies and I take breaks from NW from time to time because we get bored with the lack of new content. When SKT came out, we started playing again because YAAY, NEW CONTENT FINALLY!

I progressed as far as unlocking FBI, but I don't have the Everfrost requirement. I unlocked the second boon. And then I got bored. After reading the forums about how the PC players did so much grinding for next to no decent rewards, I stopped doing STK entirely. I simply do not care, and the boons are garbage anyway.

When I read about Mod 10.5 having ice fishing, I had a nice chortle. That stupid Lonelywood fishing quest where you're standing facing the water and you throw your line...behind you into the sand and grass. Really? How did this get past Quality Control? And you want me to do a new type of fishing event when the fishing we had to do for a daily quest was so terrible? I'm not even talking about getting old boot after old boot after crab attack after old boot after old boot after crab attack....

The campaign is so dull. I vanquished TIAMAT, y'all, and you want me to pick some flowers and train a barely competent guard recruit who has never been that deep into the woods before? Yeah no.

I have no problems with grinding, but I do have problems with the time and effort I put into a skirmish or dungeon to get a +1 ring and a few seals. That's hardly worth it.
    However, I am grateful that the devs are making changes to the RNG and loot tables, but I think this is too little too late.

Did you know the black Tiamat head still glitches if someone hits it too early? How long has Tiamat been a thing now and it still isn't fixed? Why?

NW is a fun game, and I enjoy it because I'm still here after all this time. But sometimes I wonder why I still play when the content is either utterly broken or utterly boring. My friends keep me here. Helping them do the quests I have done a thousand times keeps me here. Making a new friend and throwing all the gear I can't use on his or her character keeps me here. That's it.

Had to vent my frustration. Thanks for reading if you got this far.
    edited January 2017
    Standing on a shoreline fishing...
    Running round a forest and chopping wood...
    Now we get sailing round a big expanse of water and more fishing.

Am I safe to guess that Mod 11 will involve quests like "Tame Horse" and "Construct Nether Portal"?

I take the HAMSTER out of my kids when their blockheaded toons sit for hours in a tea crate fishing for squid ink.

If we must go this route, then at least compliment the game content with the other games functionality and give XBO the Foundry so that as well as chopping fishing and sailing for hour upon dull hour, we can also build something.
  • ddem0n888ddem0n888 Member Posts: 449 Arc User
    If I'm honest the guild should be doing more to help the guy get into runs.

We setup FBI runs on a first come first served basis through our guild website or sometimes have an office change the MotD to contact one of our members about an FBI run at such and such a time if they want in. Everyone gets a shot and if you've run one before and someone wants to run who hasn't then they get priority.

Our guild has always had a principle of 'if you've got the dungeon ilvl requirement then you can come in. Luckily we found an Alliance who seemingly share the same philosophy. We never post ilvl or class requirements (apart from heals, tank, DPS) when looking for a group.

But A LOT of people, myself included share your friends thoughts on the new content. It isn't really worth the effort.
    Guild - Excalibur
  • spoomeister#9137 spoomeister Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    I agree with the content concerns, and the advice on getting a guild that helps its players.

For myself, between all the Coer-Konig content, the 2 parts of SKT, and the winter festival, they should rebrand as Alwayswinter.

All the reviews I've heard of the SKT grind just doesn't sound worth it. I may be more satisfied in the long run in revisiting CN, LoL, eToS, various guild heroics, Dread Ring, Sharandar, even WoD, than in grinding in endless snowscapes and fussing with the voninblod system there.

And relic armor, even not-vivified or whatever, is apparently the new BiS, but I've already got a long way to go on getting my artifacts orange, getting better artifacts, getting my companions rounded out, getting enchants past 7 - 9 or so.

I think I'm biding my time until they have a campaign completion pack in the zen market, and then will see whether I want to pay for the zen / grind for ad-to-zen to get the SKT boons. And for the game overall I'll probably figure out what I'd need to do to make the most out of the next few weeks' x2 events, figure out where to run to get that, and then go from there.
  • yiazzyyiazzy Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    I personally like how people are insulting the inclusion of more fishing, yet deliberately leaving out the advantages of it.

Lonelywood fishing is lame, agreed.

Sea of Moving Ice fishing is NOT. Turn fish into the Elk tribe vendor, and you can get upto FIVE bonus rewards from Svardborg. Fishing for endgame rewards? What exactly is the problem....?
  • missdayummissdayum Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Just to throw in my two cents about the latest QUEUE update:

Travelled to the Sea of the Moving Ice, joined random queue of CN.
    ...Waiting....
    Jumped on my Khyek and looked for a decent fishing spot.
    ...Waiting....
    Found a spot and started fishing.
    ...Waiting...
    Managed to get a Map in a bottle after a few attempts.
    ...Waiting...
    Made my way to the find the treasure, meanwhile refreshed and rejoined queue.
    ...Waiting...
    After 25min. I found the X mark the spot.
    ...Still freaking waiting...

Seriously? And yea this is specificly a post for none PUG players. Should have found a game already before the 12 minute mark after I refreshed...
    Best guild: Guardians of the Fallen (2019-2021)
    My past guilds: Guardians of Midgard/HazardousNation/SomewhatSerious/JesusHadSoulforged/ImperialLegion/LadiesofNeverwinter/OutKast
    My past alliances: LookGoodPlayGood/Eviscerate/JesusHadSoulforged/Ruthless/TheLegendaryOutlaws

GWF - 4,069 Gear Score (classic)
    Barbarian - 48,499 Total Item Level
    RIP Bonding Runestones since "combat/companion changes" update on February 5, 2021

Master of Svardborg (banner) trophy, unlocked January 4, 2020! (Playstation4) / Master of Svardborg (banner) achievement, unlocked August 9, 2017! (XboxOne) / Dragon's Bane (Defeat 1000 Dragons) trophy, unlocked February 5, 2020! (Playstation4) / Dragon's Bane (Defeat 1000 Dragons) achievement, unlocked June 9, 2015! (XboxOne) / Portal Dodger achievement, unlocked July 16, 2017! (XboxOne)
    yiazzy said:

I personally like how people are insulting the inclusion of more fishing, yet deliberately leaving out the advantages of it.

Lonelywood fishing is lame, agreed.

Sea of Moving Ice fishing is NOT. Turn fish into the Elk tribe vendor, and you can get upto FIVE bonus rewards from Svardborg. Fishing for endgame rewards? What exactly is the problem....?

The problem is that some of us play games for the enjoyment of participation, not just the rewards.
    If the next mod features a section where you stand still in a room and every so often a box drops on your head and there's a 1 in 50 chance something really cool might appear... that would still be HAMSTER.

The end game is all about grinding, but till SKT there was at least a pretence that there was some excitement attached to that.
    FISHING is the final hobby choice of someone who has pretty much given up hope of anything exiting happening in their life.
    Now its also meant to be the career path of the heroes of Faerun.

We'll be building pens for duck chicken hybrids, farming melons, and creating roller coaster tracks before long.
    Or more likely collecting the components for those things and completing them through the campaign window.

All the NPC s are generic, dull, and instantly forgetable. Even Minsc is more tolerable than this cast of clay pots.
    The plot (such as it is) is flat, the quests are stupid.
    " Just CLOSE THE GATE and those wolves and polar bears won't be able to run round Bryn Shander eating people"
    I must have sent dozens of guild soldiers to their deaths during siege, but I can't find one willing volunteer to go dig up pots, chop wood, and fish for me while I go do something interesting?

Ooh... new items. ooooohhh... there's still loads of old items that work fine that most of us havent got yet.

Does fishing require any level of skill?
    No...
    Can you get "cool stuff" for doing it?
    Yes...

It was mind numbing enough to go fishing for the festival to avoid having to spend an eternity saving up for Linu's. But now it's the raison d'etre for a module add on?

Gary Gygax is probably rolling on the floor laughing in some game club in the afterlife.
    " They took it off me, and now its all about FISHING!!!"
    Usually your posts are great to read. But upon reading;

"FISHING is the final hobby choice of someone who has pretty much given up hope of anything exiting happening in their life"

I lost some respect. Just because YOU don't like it, doesn't mean that everyone else doesn't.

Seriously, in an area that's primarily made of WATER, what the hell else could they of done?
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    yiazzy said:

Seriously, in an area that's primarily made of WATER, what the hell else could they of done?

Hmmm...quests that involve raiding boats on the water, entering mini-dungeons located on some of the islands, added some sort of boss encounter against an aquatic enemy, pretty much anything that involves doing things that people expect an adventurer to do.

Or fishing.

Obviously some people aren't going to mind fishing. I can't say any of my guildies fall into that category.

The majority fall into the "God this sucks but it's what I have to do if I want to restore my weapons". That's not exactly an endorsement for quality gaming.

I'm in the "no thank you, i'll just play the parts of the game I enjoy and ignore this garbage. either a better mod comes out or I get bored and move on" category.

So...just because YOU like it, doesn't mean that everyone anyone else does. Kind of a weak argument and obviously everyone has their own opinion on what they enjoy.
  • sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    I don't really care for Mod10/10.5 at all. Cold run was interesting for about 10 minutes but I grow tired of the same old weeklies and dailies routine. Cant run the new dungeons or trial cause you are basically required to buy a piece of gear to get in and buy a key to get out. I think I am going to open a movie theater that charges both admission and exit fees.

I don't like fishing even when it is hit A to cast, I tried the new fishing and it is confusing, I killed myself and logged out.
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies
    So basically ecrana, you're saying you want more things to have to grind out a day? Pass.

And I laughed so hard at that pathetic rebuttal, if you think I'm the only person in to like the fishing, you've clearly not seen zone chat.

Just about had it with you whiners.
  • destrowoddestrowod Member Posts: 484 Arc User
    I wouldn't had problem with fishing if it was about just doing it for extra gold or extra AD. When you bore you go there and do that. But the fact you will have to spend hours upon hours to get what you want, be it items for some peoples or achievement for me (50 large fish) is really too much. I spent over an hour fishing yesterday without a single large fish showing up. I used the green bait and no i didn't droped it, there was NONE showing up... How many hours will i need to spend, not even mentioning doing the quest for the bait, to finally get those 50 large fish...?
    yiazzy said:

Usually your posts are great to read. But upon reading;

"FISHING is the final hobby choice of someone who has pretty much given up hope of anything exiting happening in their life"

I lost some respect. Just because YOU don't like it, doesn't mean that everyone else doesn't.

You really, honestly now, think that they made a big map of... wäter and then sat down, had a think and the best thing the cretive minds could come up with was... "fishing"?
    You don't think they came up with a grind that disguises itself as something "different" and based the map around that?

I don't own the Storm Kings Thunder expansion set but I had a read of my friends copy, and unsurprisingly there is absolutely noting about travelling the northern wastes, and battling the Giants that suggests the campaign will be enhanced by fishing.
    They have a bunch of suggestions for DMs who want to write their own adventures once the quest tree is done.
    Again... no fishing.

I understand. When WOTC want to release a new expansion, NWO gets the job of doing the online material. But having read all the cool stuff in STK about Giant culture, and the runestones and stuff I honestly wonder how WOTC reacted when they were treated to the fishing demo.

After sampling the new mods I had decided that STK was a waste of space and had no intention of buying the hard copy.
    Fortunately, having had a read through at what COULD have been done with Mod 10 I realised that the source material is sound. Its just NWO's intepretation of it that lacks imagination.
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    yiazzy said:

So basically ecrana, you're saying you want more things to have to grind out a day? Pass.

Lol. Actually I did not say anywhere that I wanted more things to grind in a day.

You asked the question "Seriously, in an area that's primarily made of WATER, what the hell else could they of done?". I gave you some alternative ideas. Obviously the alternative ideas would have taken the place of fishing.

And if you think that fishing isn't grinding than you're delusional.
    Personally I think its a reversal of subject and object.
    A player doing dailies and weeklies is grinding.
    A player fishing is being ground...