test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Useful Items tab improvement ideas.

samaka#2511 samaka Member Posts: 568 Arc User
So, I really like the idea of the new Useful Items tab... however, the implementation leaves a bit to be desired.

In the blog post by @mimicking#6533 the Crafting tabs were referenced, however, that really isn't what we got. With the Crafting tabs we get a big field of empty slots, which allows us the ability to organise our crafting materials any way we see fit.

With the new Useful Items tab the only option we have is "Sort"... which I assume should be an alphabetical sort... except my Sparking Starlight Fishing Pole somehow goes to the first slot of the new tab, all the other items are sorted correctly, however.

Also, under the new Useful Items tab I seem to be unable to move any of my items around... they just don't move and if I mis-drag by a pixel I get the "Discard" dialog box instead. So, essentially, new items get added to the end of the tab and the only option I have to control where things go is the "Sort" button. No empty tabs to move things into, no ability to drag-and-drop to reorder things.

Essentially, we get a tab that will just grow with items but without any way for people to manage where things are. Right now I only have 8 things on the Useful Items tab... but I already dread having more without any way to manage the contents.

Is there any way to make this tab like the Crafting tab? A bunch of empty slots we can arrange our "Useful Things" in ways that make sense to us? I'd like to group my keys together, for example, or my SoMI items together... I am sure you get the idea.

Thanks for the new tab, it really is appreciated, I just hope it can be made slightly more useful is all. It was stated the tab has lots of space available, so why not just show us that space and let us use it as we see fit?
@samaka#2511

Comments

• Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,096 Arc User
    ID Scrolls are also very high on the list of "useful" items a character can have.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    Oh yes, I forgot about the ID Scrolls not being considered a "Useful Item", thank you @greywynd for mentioning that! :)
    @samaka#2511
  • Options
    micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    IMO, just make it account shared (The key tab). Like the shared bank. It will solve so many issues at once.
  • Options
    ichimaruginxichimaruginx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    @mimicking#6533
    Indeed - just change it so that it's similar to the Crafting tab should be good enough and not so complicated to implement. An ability to sort and separate the stacks is badly needed. For example I have a bunch of Strongbox keys - I'd like to put a few on dif alts.. can't do that for now! Plus - I doubt we'll ever fill it haha.

Though I think we need an enlargement of the Crafting resources tab - so many new resources introduced lately that it's brimming!
  • Options
    tazz4nowtazz4now Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    I have been told that you can email stuff from the "useful" tab to your characters but it has to be a full stack and I don't know if there's a way to split it when you take it out of the email........also I would like to see all of the SH certificates and SH stuff we make in professions go into this tab, that alone would empty almost half of my inventory slots with all of the different types I am holding
  • Options
    snottysnotty Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 476 Arc User
    Any time they do something that frees up space in my inventory and bank Im all for it. Now they just have to add a fashions tab so I have somewhere to keep all these free bound fashions.
  • Options
    I would freakin' love a Wardrobe tab... hopefully some day soon we will get one.

As for the Useful Items tab, I do hope they have plans to refine the interface a bit... right now it is very appreciated, but just not as useful as it could be... especially once a lot of items start accumulating in there!
    @samaka#2511
This discussion has been closed.