test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Auction house is broke when's it getting fixed

wax#3923 wax Member Posts: 118 Arc User
The problem that keeps coming up with the auction house is your Gamertag starts on an alphabetical letter with it being closer to z then A you can post something 5 hours later somebody can post it for the same price and get the top slot that needs to be fixed needs to be set as a first-come first-serve basis unless you're going to pay me so I can change my gamertag because I put money into this game and frankly that's ripping me off an stopping me from sales with the money I put in this game and switch to astral diamonds

Answers

• Options
    yiazzyyiazzy Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    ....research before posting your item, and undercut them?

E.g. If everyone else is selling for 50,000 diamonds, sell yours for 49,999. You show up first.

This is what the rest of us do.
  • Options
    zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User
    That's not broken, it's simply the "tie-breaker" they used for listing. Alphabetical is a common and accepted method. And before you ask, my forum name and gamertag start with Z and I don't see an issue. It's not too often that two items with the same price are listed that only one will sell. The other may sell first, but yours should sell second if the price point was good.

Personally, when I find several items with the same price that Intend to buy, I look for the gamertag that I know (guild,alliance or someone I grouped with), if that is not possible then one I find amusing or non-offensive. I don't care if it is first or tenth. I have even paid a higher price to avoid selling to GTs that I find insulting, offensive or annoying. Of course, I'm likely the exception rather than the rule.
  • Options
    mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User
    To be honest, if I see someone posting an item I'm looking to buy, and they are undercutting the previous best by only 1AD just to get their lot up the list, I'll buy from the other guy, or like Zeph says, from someone I know.
  • Options
    lionsarered#4865 lionsarered Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Agreed with both comments above. While its the players' right to undercut someone else, I find it distasteful and tawdry to keep a bidding war going...all that does is sink the NW economy for that particular item and everyone else posting that auction gets screwed.

I'd really like players to understand how the in-game economy works and stop crashing the market simply because you want instant AD....I don't know, say for example the Apparatus of Gond from the Winter Festival? All you all did was sink the market for an epic mount that's easily in the 850k to 1.10M AD range down to under 500k..
    <p style="color:dark green;"> SHOOT THE CRIT - HR 4234</p>
    <p style="color:dark yellow;">Chilling - DC 2779</p>
    <p style="color:crimson;">Samhain - SW 4200</p>

<b> <p style="color:orange;">Rolling Twenties GH 20</p>
  • Options
    Maybe you don't understand the purpose of an economy. If the supply of a high-demand item drastically increases, the price decreases. That's basic business.

Undercutting isn't tawdry or distasteful. Again, it's also basic business.

Maybe if you'd played a game like Eve Online, you'd understand a Player Based Economy better. Because what you lot are suggesting with your "Buying from people you know" ideas, is nothing short of elitism. Not everyone in this game is well known....
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    yiazzy said:

Maybe you don't understand the purpose of an economy. If the supply of a high-demand item drastically increases, the price decreases. That's basic business.

Maybe if you'd played a game like Eve Online, you'd understand a Player Based Economy better. Because what you lot are suggesting with your "Buying from people you know" ideas, is nothing short of elitism. Not everyone in this game is well known....

It is not elitism, it is simply supporting someone you know over a stranger. All things being equal or close to equal, why should I give my AD to a stranger when I could support someone in my guild or alliance? You think the lowest price always deserves the sale? They don't! Just like in the real world, it my choice to spend my money at a discount store or with my neighborhood store. Sometimes I will choose the discount store, but other times I will choose a locally owned business. Price is not always the only motivator.
  • Options
    Have you ever thought that maybe the lower prices are items posted by Guild-less players who are desperately trying to save up to get a purple mount so they can put away that green Horse?

Or to buy themselves that Artifact they always wanted?

There are plenty of reasons. Foremost in my book is, "Kindness". Yes, it's nice that you support your Guildy/Alliance pals. But segregating out strangers because you don't know them, in lieu of someone you do, is elitism.

I buy the first buyout item I see. I don't care if someone I know has posted one for double the price. PvE is team-based. Business is not. I've already bought 4 Gond mounts to sell once the market dries up again.
  • Options
    shamrok#5900 shamrok Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    Just who the hell do you think you are, just because you spent rl money on the game don't make you special, they won't hire a team to monitor the ah to make sure that paying players get to have their items posted first, if you want to feel special try to get pity from your mommy and daddy because coming here saying I pay so I should have my way will get you nowhere
  • Options
    yiazzy said:

There are plenty of reasons. Foremost in my book is, "Kindness". Yes, it's nice that you support your Guildy/Alliance pals. But segregating out strangers because you don't know them, in lieu of someone you do, is elitism.

You have the oddest definition of elitism I have ever seen. If helping a friend over a stranger is elitism, then I am an elitist everyday of my life and hope I always will be. I'll help a stranger when I can, but I will always go out of my way to help friends and acquaintances.

I don't segregate out strangers, I look at the prices if I see a name of someone I know they get the sale. If I don't see someone I know, I will buy lowest price. How hard is that to understand. I don't just look out for myself, I look out for friends and acquaintances.

• Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User

Just who the hell do you think you are, just because you spent rl money on the game don't make you special, they won't hire a team to monitor the ah to make sure that paying players get to have their items posted first, if you want to feel special try to get pity from your mommy and daddy because coming here saying I pay so I should have my way will get you nowhere

No need to turn to personal attacks Shamrok. People post their thoughts and opinions, just because you disagree with their position doesn't mean it's ok to start insulting them on a personal level.

I agree with Yiazzy's point that it's a case of supply and demand, the more items on the market, the lower the price goes. Those that know the market will delay buying when prices are high and get them when it drops, the same goes for selling. The market is not there purely for the benefit of sellers, it's also there to serve the interests of buyers.

Undercutting by small amounts in order to get the sale is common practice the world over but if someone wishes to buy from a friend then that's also fine. When purchasing, the only rule is 'it's your money, you can spend it where you like' and for that matter, you can follow whatever purchasing principle suits you.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    shamrok#5900 shamrok Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    Whenever someone emphesizes that they put money into the game like it's supposed to make a difference causes that reaction, if op would have left that part out then my reaction would have been more sympathetic
  • Options
    lionsarered#4865 lionsarered Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    yiazzy, sorry to have to break this to you darling, but I don't need a lecture from you on economics. I know perfectly how supply and demand works, and so do you with your "I've already bought 4 gond mounts for when the market dries up again," comment. One can safely assume you mean to sell those for way more then they are being sold for now on the AH (my original comment).

So, Mr. Basic Business, are you going to sell those to the "guid-less" player desperately trying to save AD to get off his/her green horse? No. Of course you're not. Otherwise you'd have them posted right now at the market rate.

reread my post, i agreed with most of what you were saying anyway. Some things in this game like legendary mounts shouldn't be screwed with, because if everyone has everything, then really we have nothing. Setting your toon apart in this game should still mean something.
    <p style="color:dark green;"> SHOOT THE CRIT - HR 4234</p>
    <p style="color:dark yellow;">Chilling - DC 2779</p>
    <p style="color:crimson;">Samhain - SW 4200</p>

<b> <p style="color:orange;">Rolling Twenties GH 20</p>
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    I have an issue with the sentiment of "shouldn't be screwed with" as it implies prices on these items must be kept (artificially) inflated regardless of the quantity available. This is a 'protectionist' position and goes against what I would regard as a free and open marketplace.

'Setting your toon apart' is an ego focused comparison to others, centered on being more "leet" or "epeen" than 'everyone else' and advocating artificially keeping top items out of most peoples reach so as to preserve your status.

I have no interest in status, I simply want my toons to be effective and competent; the more the better. Hence levelling their gear as high as possible. My gameplay enjoyment is not effected by how high or well geared other players are, in fact I'd say that the better geared other players are, the better my runs will be when pugging (which I do a lot of).

Yes, players should work for their gear and it should take time if they are going to value what they create but I don't personally want to see a situation where the gear gap is maintained for the purpose of feeling superior to 'lesser mortals'.

If an item is in short supply (and provides very good utility) then I understand it having a high price. Conversely I have no issue with rank 3 or 4 mounts that are widely available being cheaper than the average. It's a similar thing to guilds that charged joining fees etc just because they were of a high level.

My guild was one of the few that refused to do this and the goodwill this created transposed into us reaching GH20 3rd on XBox with a wide community buy-in on our progression. As was our decision to not stay in the Helm slot as it would benefit the next closest to GH20 to take it and benefit from the reduced costs. Whilst others would not do this due to the 'status' of being Helm in their alliance, we are most interested in the broader benefit to our community.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    Ha, the assumption that I'm going to sell them for massively inflated prices is hilarious. I actually moved two to my other toons to use last night, gave one to my friend and sold the other for 500k. So, someone was made happy, i didn't know the buyer either.

Of course, you're not to know how many times I've bought blue mounts or given my spare blue mounts to players for free. I'd need more than 2 hands to count for sure.

Maybe before getting on your sarcastic high horse, you should know a little more about the person you're talking to.

As for orange mounts, no, they should not stay at a fixed inflated price. Do you have any idea how long it would take a non-paying player to get one from just their daily refining limit? Just shy of 2 years, FOR A MOUNT. It's beyond ridiculous, and let's not get into the Forgehammer of Gond selling for almost as much at UNCOMMON for Christ's sake.
  • Options
    mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User
    yiazzy said:

I'm talking about guild or alliance members or people whose name I remember from a group.
    If spending a few % more means the AD going to a friend, that's not elitism. That's the prerogative of any buyer in a free market.
    You talk about basic business, but once you move on to more advanced business principles, you'll find that keeping the money within your own community is the exact opposite of elitism.
    Ticket price isn't the only motivation when buying goods.