test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dragon Hoard Enchantments... Am I doing something wrong?

I spent a few days getting 6 Dragon Hoard Enchantments and refining 3 of them up to rank 9.
I've been running 5 rank 9 Fey Blessed for a while now, and getting a pretty good return on BtA R5 Enchantments. (I would say quite a bit better than the suggested 10% return)

I swapped out three of the Fey Blessed for R9 Dragon Hoard and popped into Sharandar to slaughter some Redcaps and test my new capacity to gain refinement drops.

So at that point I was running 4% chance of a R5 enchantment, and 6% for a refinement stone of some sort.
It was after a few hours of gameplay, having swung by the strognhold and done some HEs, that I started to realise that I didn't seem to be getting much refinement. A few Peridots, three white pearls, and OOH... a lesser resonance stone...
I had, in fact, got almost twice as many R5 BtAs as BtA refinement stones. So I thought, "bugger it" and went to bed.

This morning I thought I'd test it out.

I dropped into WoD, (where better to test a Dragon Hoard enchantment?) and set about murdering 100 cultists and their chums.

With a supposed 4% chance of R5 enchant, and 6% chance of refinement, I was quite surprised to eventualy end up with 6 R5 BtA enchants, 3 Dragon Hoard Coffers, and a flat ZERO BtA (or any sort) enchantments.

I double checked that the stones are plugged in and switched on, I took them out and put them back in again, and still nothing different... (except for being 7 and a half gold down the Swanny...) 50 more cultists down the line, and three more BtA enchants in pocket, but no refinements.

Is there a daily cap. or... well... anything that I'm supposed to do to make these things work?
Obviously, the best thing to do is just put the Fey Blessed back and make hay with the R5 enchants, but it would be nice to know what the problem is.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User
    Just to add, since the day ticked over I ran Portal to Tuern, and the Dragon campaign quest in Ebon Downs including the Barrow Demolition.
    In total I got 7 R5 BtA enchants (at 4%) and ONE BtA White Pearl (at 6%).
    Which is doubly annoying because it suggests that the mechanic is still actually operational, albeit running at a greatly reduced chance.

I've done the usual of stripping the stones out, unequiping the gear, and reapplying everything, and it still seems to be broken.

Is this a common issue that will resolve over time, or should I be getting in touch with support?
  • zman81420zman81420 Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    Every gain of enchantment refinement has its own daily limitations. Hoards especially back when mod 6 came out. It's not you at all, I've seen this question asked hundreds of times.
    Guardian Fighter: SM Conqueror

[]Full Metal Witch[]
    4149 TiL
    Guild: (X1) The Legendary Outlaws

"The Best of the Best"
    "Nobody does it better"
    #TLO BiS
  • inyawayupdeepinyawayupdeep Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 206 Arc User
    Not sure if this is a real good answer for you but back in the day is seemed to some that if you had two or more stones the same rank only one would proc. Not sure this was a real problem or just perceived, it seemed I did well with them while others didn't, also devs never really explained how they processed only that they had a cool down period attached when they changed the way they worked
    Interesting.
    There seems to be no sort of cap with Fey Blessed, I've had days when I've dropped over a hundred R5 BtA, and when its a double event its like they are snowing in Sharandar.

I've got a character working on refining up QMs. I saved about 60 of them from the Siege event to develope as a long term hobby project. Got a few up to rank 7 now so I might give them a try. Though their development is nowhere near as high as Fey or Dragon... going up 0.25% per rank is stingy. I would hope that their drops reflect and contrast that stinginess with better quality returns than the damned white pearls and peridots that seem the main stay of Dragon Hoard.

And till the QMs are ready its back to Fey Blessed I suppose.
    Anyone want to buy 3 R9 Dragon Hoards?
    One careful owner, low mileage, hardly used...
  • kclowekclowe Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    Yah buggering broke them stones! Your supposed to gently place them stones in the slot.

Naw, theres's been dozens of threads and its been confirmed. 1. There is a cool down on the hoards. 2. Say you dont play for two days you'll probably get a sapphire and more fallling fir hrs. 3. The fey blessing has no cool down but around 10% and you really get alot, they are great. Ive tested a ran all at 25% of each type now and quarter masters give by far the most refinement for enchantments. i got more than the bey blessings. but unless you have legendary gear you need to run hoards. So try to get near 10% of whatever. Its about where you see a good jump in drop rate for anytype.
    Right... so not using the 4lb lump hammer is the way forward for next time... gotcha.
    10% on Fey really does seem generous. I would say that the reality is above 15 and closer to 20...
    But that's just my anecdotal conclusion. I imagine someone out there gets blood rubies and opals on 2% dragons and never sees a bean from Fey Blessed.
  • yiazzyyiazzy Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    Firstly, Black Opals are the highest refinement stone you can get, Blood Rubies are not in the drop list.

Secondly, there's a cooldown on the DhE's meaning you're getting less than you would think. I read somewhere that it's 30 minutes, but I'm pretty certain it's less.

I've got a 5% chance total, and manage to get Saphhires, Aquamarine, Lesser Res and Peridot quite often. White Pearls and Black Opals drop the least often for me.
  • dunaughtdunaught Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    what is a good ratio to run on fae to dragon hoard?
  • ltsmithnekoltsmithneko Member Posts: 1,578 Arc User
    dunaught said:

what is a good ratio to run on fae to dragon hoard?

Tbh stick with Dragon Hoards until you have your gear at Legendary then switch off to Fey Blessings for most of your RP toward enchantments, and finally once you feel your pretty much set on RP for R10's and maybe a few R11's switch off to QM's to finish the job and then make bank later on if ya use the spare RP right. :P

Either way once you get that gear out of your way it's alot better for ya in the long run.