test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tiamat groups now asking for 3k IL

lyaiselyaise Member Posts: 491 Arc User
Coming back after a while, I picked up a character and headed off to ToD.
Only to be met with people organizing groups insisting on a 3k minimum level.

Has the fight changed? Did someone double the number of Tiamat heads in there?
Or are the days of groups helping others to do instances a thing of the past (odds on this one).
...............vote for your favourite expansion..........
"Mod 6. Oh my f****** god. It gutted the game pure and simple. And what wasn't gutted was messed up by the poorly thought out new level cap and equip. The game never recovered from that atrocity".
..............not this one then.............

Comments

• rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    Tiamart is winnable with a team which knows what they're doing. Given the rise of Bondings and buff/debuff stacking, Tiamart should actually be EASIER than before (by before, I mean Mod6/7).

What you're seeing are the "I'm lazy, don't care, and want to get carried" people in the zone.

Hopefully, you will be able to find some runs in your guild/Alliance/Legit/etc. that don't hassle you for Ilvl.

• abaddon#8285 abaddon Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    i run it with my alliance a couple times a week. we have some insane gwf's that let us 1 hit the boss.thats why people want 3k
  • lyaiselyaise Member Posts: 491 Arc User
    edited January 2017

i run it with my alliance a couple times a week. we have some insane gwf's that let us 1 hit the boss.thats why people want 3k

But this isn't really it.
    The requirements are being asked for in zone chat, applying to everybody in the group as a min IL.

Now the knock on effect of this of course is the exclusion of any lower item level people from higher groups, (even if they know the tactics etc). These lower geared people - who after all, are the most likely to need the boons/benefits from the zone - are consequently shut out from getting them.

Now in days gone by (across many mmo's) you'd see offers of groups - in general zone chat - offering to take lower geared players through raids/dungeons to help them gear up. But not now.

Maybe it's just those more inclusive days are gone and the modern mmo player has a more exclusive outlook.
    ...............vote for your favourite expansion..........
    "Mod 6. Oh my f****** god. It gutted the game pure and simple. And what wasn't gutted was messed up by the poorly thought out new level cap and equip. The game never recovered from that atrocity".
    ..............not this one then.............
  • stevedudemanstevedudeman Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    I do Tiamat quite often and there are at least as many callers who don't ask for IL as there are who do. People have the right to organize whatever kind of party they like, just as people have the right to join or not join these groups...Basically, they want to finish Tiamat in 1 round. I remember back when I was a lower geared CW seeing these groups being put together. It made me more motivated to gear up...But people take things differently I suppose...
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    I had never done tiamat on my main (previous main did). I finally did one yesterday--and there was a good mix of IL's. Having been running MSVAs, I was surprised there weren't more 4k running it.