test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What Build

unshamed#7056 unshamed Member Posts: 6 Arc User
So what build are people running with in mod 10 and possible link to said build.

Answers

• patcherrkmpatcherrkm Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 127 Arc User
    Pathfinder combat here. The 100% deflect chance in pvp is worth going pathfinder.
  • sonofrobsonofrob Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14 Arc User
    Storwarden Archer here. High crit build.
    SonOfRob
  • jhpnwjhpnw Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 611 Arc User
    depending on goals for the week Pathfinder trapper when running FBI and SVA does ok in PVP lots of PVP then im combat pathfinder high crit does ok in FBI and SVA
  • auntjimimaauntjimima Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    pure dps trapper pathfinder +dread, min maxed hard. love it. pve and pvp approved.
  • jhpnwjhpnw Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 611 Arc User
    Ok after final tweaking back and forth for 3 weeks. It settles out on Pathfinder Combat mixture of CA long striders PG with 3rd being based of situation of ROA, thorn wd and fox and split strike as the at will. This seems to really being out putting DPS and PVP is running well also.

Using WDJ40 recommended on mount bonus for Gladiators guile and AOTF I can run ranged and melee for some shocking dps numbers. With survivability of a full combat only build I have had the occasion in the last week to have to finish off a CN run and a ECC run both had a little more than 25% left.

Nothing gives HR top Pain giver against a equality geared 4k GWF who knows his toon but vs TRs and CW or a single combat fight I do quite well and in Dragon flights where its all single target The build is quite solid and I top chart most of the time.
  • ketthooverketthoover Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    I don't see any links in any of the answers not sure if it's just being on mobile or what.

With 2x campaign currencies I'm looking to pull out my HR. He's lvl 70 and was specd off old build from couple mods ago.
  • jaegernljaegernl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 455 Arc User
    I run a Pathfinder Trapper build with Dread.

Click here for NW Calc.

I use the two points in Scoundrel Training for Careful Attack. For a Stormwarden, you could put those points back into Predatory Action, or you could use Lucky Skirmisher for a bit more deflect.
    Isaac the Adequate - Level 70 Oath of Protection Paladin
    Aurelius the Awkward - Level 70 Pathfinder Ranger
    We have looked into reports of players experiencing connection problems and have been unable to identify any server, data center, or client-side issues. We believe this may be ISP related.
  • hanniballa#2401 hanniballa Member Posts: 74 Arc User

Pathfinder combat here. The 100% deflect chance in pvp is worth going pathfinder.

how do you get 100% deflect?
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    Using p athfinders action and lonewolf. Pop forest ghost, and along with the combat feats your deflect maxes out.
    No idea what my toon is now.
    I don't need to pop forest ghost to get over 100%
  • rhadamathysrhadamathys Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    what's your deflect stat at? I'm around 50% in melee with no buffs other than AotLW and I'm at around 4.5k deflect. I imagine yours is around 12k?
    Ney - HR (max item level)
    The Legendary Outlaws

Preferences:
    PvE and PvP - Pathfinder Combat
    Doesn't ghost prolong the p athfinders action deflect buff though..? Or is it a set time..?
    jonkoca said:

Doesn't ghost prolong the p athfinders action deflect buff though..? Or is it a set time..?

Just tested it, and it's behaving very oddly.

Without Master Trapper, at Rank 4, it's 5 seconds of buff. With Master Trapper, it's showing 8/9 seconds.

It's doing this regardless of which daily I use.
    We have looked into reports of players experiencing connection problems and have been unable to identify any server, data center, or client-side issues. We believe this may be ISP related.
    edited January 2017
    Yeah, I remember having wierd problems with it. In pvp I use it with ghost, just in case.

Since I've finished messing about in eSVA, I just respecced back to pvp combat mode. Fun on a bun. Wish they'd fix plantgrowth though.

Kinda missing my t.Elven now, but at least t.Soul gives a few seconds cc immunity on res, and I should change my t.Dread for vorpal. Still, good enough to pug with.
    @jonkoca I've been hearing rumors that dread on combat in pvp is a good option due to the 40% debuff...I'm skeptical, but just thought I'd share as you can ACT and I cant.
    The Legendary Outlaws

Preferences:
    Most of my damage comes from the at wills so I don't see how dread would be viable. If you're looking before debuff go terror and root people as well. I've tried vorpal and fey and fry beats it hands down for me. Makes u tankier and damage is comparable for pvp at least.

I don't have 12k deflect. I have shepherd devotion. I have pathfinder buff on off hand. I get a lot from combat feat tree.
    @patcherrkm Is shep devotion still broken in that it targets you and not your teammates? I thought they fixed that?
    The Legendary Outlaws

Preferences:
    edited January 2017
    Targets you. I'll grab a p.vorp sometime for pvp, I'm tanky enough without fey. Dread is only a 4% debuff btw. The problem kinda with dread is you end up playing hit and run, you drop your entire melee rotation on someone, dash out to range. If they are not well geared the dots, along with piercing, will likely kill them. Ranged attacks don't do much more than irritate, and hopefully negate any heals they have.
  • wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User
    jonkoca said:

Targets you. I'll grab a p.vorp sometime for pvp, I'm tanky enough without fey. Dread is only a 4% debuff btw. The problem kinda with dread is you end up playing hit and run, you drop your entire melee rotation on someone, dash out to range. If they are not well geared the dots, along with piercing, will likely kill them. Ranged attacks don't do much more than irritate, and hopefully negate any heals they have.

Eh?? In game Dread states 4% for AI.... but 40% for Players... plus extra DR debuff at Trans.
    Main - Rydia (HR70) - Xbox One Player only
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
    Lol, I must have read it backwards, oh well, guess I'll stick with it then.
  • davidagaldodavidagaldo Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    What the F, I will have to try Shep Devo tonight.

@rhadamathys
    I am not committed to Dread (I have a Greater) but it works well. It worked great while I was Combat and you should see what it does with the Trapper+ build. We need to put a PreM together soon.

Guild: Spectrum
    .. Teucer (HR) / Maximus Decimus (DC) .. GT: ApexDemon
  • davidagaldodavidagaldo Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    jonkoca said:

, you drop your entire melee rotation on someone, dash out to range. If they are not well geared the dots, along with piercing, will likely kill them. Ranged attacks don't do much more than irritate, and hopefully negate any heals they have.

How often are you having to pop out for range? I was able to squeeze in 6-8 melees (at-wills in between) before having to reset Thorn Ward, then back to melee.

Guild: Spectrum
    .. Teucer (HR) / Maximus Decimus (DC) .. GT: ApexDemon
    null
    I'm not sure who all it affects. But it definitely helps me. My deflect is about 105% while in melee stance. 34k power. 10k crit. 600 armpen. :)

185k health. Btw plant growth is getting buffed/fixed. Combat is going to get even nastier. :)
    Meh, I'm still playing combat like a trapper lol. Hard to get back into it after a couple of months as a straight dps pve trapper.

null

I'm not sure who all it affects. But it definitely helps me. My deflect is about 105% while in melee stance. 34k power. 10k crit. 600 armpen. :)

185k health. Btw plant growth is getting buffed/fixed. Combat is going to get even nastier. :)

Sadly, they didn't do a proper *fix*. There's a stupid delay of ~2 seconds before the first tick registers.
    edited January 2017
    Looks like they fixed plantgrowth ticks. Or do you mean it's 4 ticks, but the first tick
    Still takes 2 seconds to arrive..?

But they nerfed my lovely shadow demon... boohoo. So, paranoid delusion, or boring fire archon..?
    @jonkoca Con Artist, imo...great group debuff and they stack with others...very noticeable difference.
    The Legendary Outlaws

Preferences: